Represent the CAGcast at the Games Media Awards in the UK: Nominated for Best Podcast

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
If you are a listener who is able to represent the CAGcast and attend the the event in London on October 11th, post in this thread.
Include a photo and a description of why you best represent us.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/28177/Games-Media-Awards-finalists-revealed

From what I can tell, MCV is the UK equivalent of our Next-Gen.biz or GameDaily.biz.
I'm not particularly confident as two Yankees probably don't stand a chance, but it's nice to be nominated.
Thanks to our UK listeners for their support!
Thanks for the heads up, Chris!

OK, I lied. I probably would go to London. I need a trip out of this village/hellhole sometime this year. Depends what day- Oooh. Thursday. I'll check with my Manager on that; I normally work then, but I have the 27th of this month off to make sure I finish Halo3's single player campaign. Damn, I near enough doubled my shiftime in overtime, so I can always weigh that down on them and tell them to scratch my back; theirs is red and bloody already.

Biggest_Geek__eh__by_Kaecyus.jpg

My camera may be awful, but trust me; I look that bad. x3 And my hair has grown longer; I promise that if I get selected, it's getting cut. I just don't like barbers. That award in my hand was for the worst hair. I also got one for worst dressed and biggest geek. But the dressness has improved, I swear.

I think I would best represent because this site has converted me from a fanboy to someone who actually tries to actively keep a relatively neutral standpoint. But, I don't have a PS3. My job doesn't pay /that/ well. I used to be a Nintendoman, with a GBA, N64, DS, hell, I even have a GBM. I missed out on GC, but I sorta missed that gen out altogether. After I started listening to this Podcast, I got a few weeks/months notice on upcoming games and as such I could plan purchases. CAGCast has made an impact. One that has drastically reduced my wallet, but just as drastically increased my enjoyment and insight into the gaming industry 'beyond the controller', so to speak.

Plus I'm one of the many that listen to this podcast many a time. I kept flicking back just to hear CheapyD call Wombat a bastard in this episode. I got lulz from that.

I've not been listening for long (Since #67) when I stumbled on this place looking for a GBM -> GC upload cable, and looked around for one that didn't need an adapter for the GBA connector.

So yeah, if nobody else asks, or if the others are worse (DOUBT IT! : D) than I am, pick me!

I would guess at 18, since that's the age of becoming 'an adult' in the UK. But if it's over 21, I'm out because I'm turning 19 in December. : P

I'm totally up for this. I may not be the best-known member of the community, but I live about an hour away from London, work for a large independent UK game company, and I have a hell of a public speaking voice. :D I've not been a particularly long-time listener but I've not missed a show since I've started, and I can definitely be free on the required day if needed. It'd be an honour to accept this award for you guys, given the countless laughs you've given me over the past year or so, and I'm really impressed that you guys are doing this - it really illustrates the community spirit around the podcast, the site, and even CAGs themselves!

Anyway, enough ranting as if it was a job application - I'm not at home right now so no up-to-date photo, but here's one that was taken a couple of months ago:

willbr2.jpg

I would go but I literally have an ass for a face, I also live three hundred miles away from London.

I vote for Willeth.

Not sure if anyone has noticed this, but One Life Left (according to CheapyD, the local competition based in the UK) hasn't made a podcast since 07/07/07.

None of my feedcatchers have gotten a new RSS post since then.

bread's done
Back