Possible fix for Cheapy's 360?

Im trying to understand why anyone would want to open it up and void the warranty when its free to send it back and get it replaced?

Help me out here.

I fixed my red-ringed 360 by removing the X-clamps. But I just bought the screws at a hardware store. Its been working great for about 3 months.

Actually, Cheapy is probably making his 360 significantly worse by constantly doing the towel-trick. It can potentially damage other components in the system rendering it completely useless.

[quote name='InuFaye']Im trying to understand why anyone would want to open it up and void the warranty when its free to send it back and get it replaced?

Help me out here.[/quote]

With all of the people sending their 360s in for repairs only to later send in the so called "repaired" 360 back for repairs again and again. I think a more permanent fix does sound pretty interesting.

Definitely not for the faint of heart though.

[quote name='InuFaye']Im trying to understand why anyone would want to open it up and void the warranty when its free to send it back and get it replaced?

Help me out here.[/quote]

well, in Cheapy's case, he can't send it back to the US from Japan because of the potential shipping fees cuz MS might not reimburse him for it.

but i agree about US customers who open their systems, i guess some people can't stay away from their 360s for a few weeks. :bouncy: it might take longer to fix now, but they have a section on their site where you can track the status of the repairs.

[quote name='LiK']well, in Cheapy's case, he can't send it back to the US from Japan because of the potential shipping fees cuz MS might not reimburse him for it.

but i agree about US customers who open their systems, i guess some people can't stay away from their 360s for a few weeks. :bouncy: it might take longer to fix now, but they have a section on their site where you can track the status of the repairs.[/quote]

Yeah they were saying on "the 1up show" that since MS put that website up it now takes around 7 weeks before you get your 360 back. I guess since they have admitted their fault and are dropping 1.5 bil on repairs there is no need to pay for overnight shipping.

ive done the xclamp fix for 4 different 360s and havent had any of them fail since. it's a very easy fix. and very low cost (less than 10 bux for all the parts) the turnaround time is of course the most attractive part of the fix since u can have ur 360 up and running in about 30 minutes

bread's done
Back