Photo
- - - - -

Glorious list of bonus/promotional DS styli! Magicians Quest: Magical Stylus @GS 5/5

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#31 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2007 - 07:44 PM

Taken directly from the nintendo promo site,

"All kinds of players are enjoying the fun of playing video games thanks to Nintendo DS, and Nintendo wants to get to know our fans better through a special Brain Age 2 survey program. Through this program, you can sign up for My Nintendo, register your Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day game and fill out a quick survey to get a free DS Lite Stylus Gift Box with seven brightly colored DS Lite styluses. Offers will start shipping after October 1, 2007. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks in the U.S. and 6 to 10 weeks in Canada for your package to arrive."

I think that about clears it up, looks to be the same as the club nintendo one

Edit: also the stylus's pictured at the NoA site looks like they're for the ds tank, though i could be mistaken
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#32 banpeikun

banpeikun

LE Nintendo DS? DO WANT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:00 PM

Taken directly from the nintendo promo site,

"All kinds of players are enjoying the fun of playing video games thanks to Nintendo DS, and Nintendo wants to get to know our fans better through a special Brain Age 2 survey program. Through this program, you can sign up for My Nintendo, register your Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day game and fill out a quick survey to get a free DS Lite Stylus Gift Box with seven brightly colored DS Lite styluses. Offers will start shipping after October 1, 2007. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks in the U.S. and 6 to 10 weeks in Canada for your package to arrive."

I think that about clears it up, looks to be the same as the club nintendo one

Edit: also the stylus's pictured at the NoA site looks like they're for the ds tank, though i could be mistaken

there's two different club nintendo promos. the nicer one comes in a cd-size case including slots for 9 ds games. (the left picture). the one with just the styli comes with only a case (the right picture).
D/P Friend Code: 2234 3855 8897

New links! [My collection] [My trade list] [My eBay feedback]
Currently playing: Final Fantasy IV, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Soundtracks, manga, and artbook downloads:
http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=23384

Posted Image

#33 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:36 PM

They do indeed, as do the ones from ClubNintendo pictured on the right in the OP, but the Nintendo description says "DS Lite Stylus Gift Box".

#34 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:54 PM

Bump for more information/pictures.

#35 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:25 PM

It's a shame I can't find some of these on eBay. Namely the Pac Pix stylus, I really like that one. :[

I just went to eBay to look as well, and I'm surprised that there are no current auctions for one nor any recently ended auctions. Back when I considered buying one, they were easy enough to find.

You might try posting a thread on the Trading forums, to the tune of "Want to Buy Your Pac-Pix Stylus!" You might be able to get someone to part with it for a few bucks.

#36 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:29 PM

I just went to eBay to look as well, and I'm surprised that there are no current auctions for one nor any recently ended auctions. Back when I considered buying one, they were easy enough to find.

You might try posting a thread on the Trading forums, to the tune of "Want to Buy Your Pac-Pix Stylus!" You might be able to get someone to part with it for a few bucks.

Yeah, I saw them all over eBay a while back as well. I might do that in the trading thread later. It's a really nifty stylus.

#37 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:56 PM

there's two different club nintendo promos. the nicer one comes in a cd-size case including slots for 9 ds games. (the left picture). the one with just the styli comes with only a case (the right picture).

chances are we'll get the one in the right picture, but i wouldnt' mind the one with 9 ds game slots :)
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#38 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:00 PM

Well, one eBay seller is selling the Pac n Roll/Pac-Pix stylus. But they're selling them together for $37.50 plus $10.50 shipping. Gah. I wouldn't touch it. Just pointing it out.

#39 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2007 - 04:33 AM

i posted the link to the pic of Zelda stylus at this thread before:

http://www.cheapassg...&page=7post#131

#40 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:03 AM

i posted the link to the pic of Zelda stylus at this thread before:

http://www.cheapassg...&page=7post#131

That's a Phantom Hourglass stylus, yes, but not a promotional stylus. It is sold commercially.

Comparisons would be these Yoshi's Island DS styli or these Pokemon styli.

#41 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:30 AM

Bump, I have a question in the OP about the Pacman styli.

#42 DocRamon

DocRamon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:42 PM

no, the pac-man stylus was never packaged WITH the game inside the case or anything... it comes inside of a separate plastic bag with a cardboard backing marked as either pac-pix or pac'n roll. that cardboard backing is the only thing that's different... the actual stylus is the same.

it was officially only given out with pre-orders in japan, but there weren't many pre-orders, i suspect, so some people that ordered the game after it came out (even importers) ended up getting the stylus as well. in the US, some stores like GS/EB/GC were given the stylus as a promotional item, leaving employees to decide how to administer them... as pre-order bonuses, for free, or not at all.

hope that helps some.

#43 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:55 PM

Great, thanks!

Did you say you had pictures of some of those styli you mentioned in post 25, doc?

#44 DocRamon

DocRamon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:52 AM

oh yeah, i totally forgot about that... i snapped some really quickly for ya...

promo stylus
nintendo reps handed these to stores prior to the launch of the ds. the story as i've heard it... they were given to stores with demo kiosks, and intended to be used as "backups" in case the unit's stylus broke or got stolen (incidentally, i have a stylus from the demo unit, too, if you'd like a picture of it...) anyway, i don't think many stores got the idea, as they were handed out to customers, given away with purchases, trashed... back when the ds launched, they were all over ebay and crazy cheap... like, multiple (4, 8, 10) for only a couple bucks. now, they don't pop up nearly as often... though i don't think prices have gone up since it's a pretty generic looking stylus, and it doesn't fit in either unit's slot.

mario stylus
i never really hear anyone talk about this one... it came packed inside the bag with an issue of k-zone magazine, some kids magazine from australia. i forget the issue date, i'd have to find the magazine again... but it was like "nintendo month" or something. lots of pimping the ds, gba, gcn and it came with a ton of nintendo stuff... mostly ads for their games and codes, a few trading cards. the highlight was this stylus though. i read about it online and had a friend in australia pick it up for me. the mario sticker is only on the one side, nothing on the back... and the sides of the stylus have the k-zone logo and the nintendo logo.

the rainbow set that i have from japan is just like the one in the second photo listed as the "brain age 2" set. it comes in the little silver cardboard box and each stylus is original ds style (smaller). the "brain age 2" set will probably be like the japanese ones in the first photo, which are ds lite style, only not in the fancy case... i suspect we'll get something more in line with the little cardboard box. in any case, i'd probably separate those 2 photos since they really are 2 different sets.

#45 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:47 PM

Alright, thanks a lot!

I'm going to get rid of the nice set of styli for Brain Age 2 and just keep the picture of the cardboard box until the US ones ship out, in which case I'll add that photo if it's any different.

I'll add the two you posted to the OP sometime today, thanks again! I'll take whatever other pictures you'd happen to have when it isn't too much trouble. Is the demo stylus you're talking about the really thick one?

#46 DocRamon

DocRamon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:32 PM

well i wouldn't get rid of either picture because BOTH actually exist, we just don't know what the "brain age" set will be specifically. so i would split them up and not label either as "brain age" - label them as what they are, japan's club nintendo exclusives.

the original ds rainbow stylus set is still being offered through club nintendo in a pretty basic cardboard box, as you have pictured. the ds lite rainbow stylus set is being offered through club nintendo in that nice foam case with slots for game cards... it comes in 3 styles: generic club nintendo, animal crossing, and mario.

and yeah, the demo unit stylus is just black and thicker than normal... nothing special. it has a hole in the end where the metal wire was attached. i'm not sure it would be considered a "bonus/promotional stylus" though. it's just a neat little something for those who are hardcore enough to want it & immoral enough to take it.

#47 hootie

hootie

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:31 PM

Rocko, check out my post in the Zelda PH thread.

#48 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:41 PM

Bump. I just won a Death Jr. Scythe Stylus on eBay, and it reminded me that this thread needs some work when I get a chance. I have to seperate the BrainAge 2 stylus sets, add the pictures Doc Ramon posted, the Zelda Wal Mart promo, and there's going to be the US BA2 set posted soon.

#49 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:02 PM

Updated with Doc's two styli and the Walmart Zelda promo.

#50 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:23 PM

Slightly OT, but does anyone know where you can by an extendable stylus similar to the Castlelvania: PoR freebie. I liked that one, but it broke a while back. :-(

#51 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:28 PM

This set comes with two styli almost identical to that stylus, but they don't say Castlevania and aren't all white. It also comes with that attachment. The stylus goes into than pen-like thing for a very aesthetically pleasing stylus.

#52 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:13 AM

This set comes with two styli almost identical to that stylus, but they don't say Castlevania and aren't all white. It also comes with that attachment. The stylus goes into than pen-like thing for a very aesthetically pleasing stylus.

i just got this about a week ago and i have to say i'm impressed, 2 extendable stylus's included plus the beefy pen, its light and sturdy, perfect for all games :applause:
Posted Image

Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#53 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:23 AM

Thanks! I may order a set.

#54 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:48 AM

i just got this about a week ago and i have to say i'm impressed, 2 extendable stylus's included plus the beefy pen, its light and sturdy, perfect for all games :applause:

Yeah, it's a great accessory.

#55 mykee98

mykee98

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:46 PM

rocko -

check out the ninja gaiden sword stylus posted all over kotaku. Its from TGS I believe. I have to get this stylus somehow, its got to be the sweetest by far.

#56 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:35 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I don't visit sites like that, so I don't notice that stuff.

I must have it as well. :drool:

I will add it to the OP later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again!

#57 Miranda

Miranda

about.me/adnarim

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:53 PM

That Naruto stylus was a preorder bonus and it was actually a stylus holder. There are some more pictures of it here:

http://www.takaratom...essyu3/cam.html

and here:

http://img110.echo.c...4/cam0049qo.jpg
http://img110.echo.c...3/cam0051am.jpg
http://img56.exs.cx/...2/cam0019vc.jpg
http://img56.exs.cx/...7/cam0020bm.jpg
http://img56.exs.cx/...1/cam0030tk.jpg

#58 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:15 AM

Aha. Thanks. I'll remove it from the list, since it isn't a stylus.

#59 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:57 PM

Bump. LoZ PH stylus image is now out!

#60 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:53 PM

I found this:
http://gonintendo.com/?p=26789

Tales of Innocence skin and stylus