Games you were excited about and turned out to be TurDs !!!

Derrick1979

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
You saw the topic now lets see what games people were excited about and ran out and got and then they turned out to not be what you expected...

I will put my first one up that I know will get me flamed but who cares.....

PERSONA 3 :whistle2:#

[quote name='Derrick1979']You saw the topic now lets see what games people were excited about and ran out and got and then they turned out to not be what you expected...

I will put my first one up that I know will get me flamed but who cares.....

PERSONA 3 :whistle2:# [/QUOTE]
You fail so hard.

[quote name='zewone']You fail so hard.[/quote]

got to love the fanboy's....

My second game to add to that list would be:

GEARS OF WAR :roll:

[quote name='Derrick1979']got to love the fanboy's....

GEARS OF WAR :roll: [/QUOTE]
Epic failz.

[quote name='brenglen']Paper Mario :([/QUOTE]

Boy, this thread is going to be full of so much wrong, we'll have enough to make wrong cookies. Which are an excellent source of calcium when eaten with milk.

When not eaten with milk, they aren't a good source of anything.

I'm sure what I'm going to say will add myself to this wrong list, so here goes:

Diablo 2.

It is a good game mechanically and fairly well executed, but it didn't end up being what I was hoping the game would be.

Lots

Gears of War
Rockstar Table Tennis
MYST II (the only one in the series I needed more than one hint on)
Spot
Pong: The next level (PS1)
Some Tomb Raider games
and
The little LCD screen handheld I got from Wal-Mart with saved allowance money.

Off topic - The accessory I was most excited about and didn't like was the power glove.

I second the Wii but thats not a game lol.. and I also agree anyone from the Nintendo days deserves a refund for buying the power glove...

Another title I would like to add to the list would be:

Ghost in the Shell: SAC (PS2)

hmm for months I tried to get someone on here to trade it to me and after a little searching I found a used one for cheap..... Blah !!! thankfully EBgames had that 7 day return/exchange on used games

Not really a turd, but I was disappointed with The Darkness. I looked forward to that game ever since it was shown off at Xbox 360's unveiling on MTV. Though the game isn't "bad" I just wish there was more to it.

Here's one that I'm sure some people will disagree with but for me it just didn't live up to what it could (maybe should) have been.

Super Mario Sunshine.

It was the first new mario platformer in so long that I was super excited and then I found out that I was cleaning shit.

Halo 2 and MGS 2: Sons of Liberty, for the same reason:

Game Developer: "Our first game was a huge hit, what should we do for the sequel?"
Janitor walking down the hallway: "How about make them play through the games as someone other than the main character?"
Game Developer: "Great idea, thanks janitor!"

Seriously though, I know they sold a crap-load of copies, but I was really annoyed at the Raiden and Arbiter stuff. The single-player of the first Halo was much better than Halo 2. I know Halo 2 had the multiplayer content, but I felt ripped off with the Arbiter missions. They should have made a longer Master Chief story and then released the Arbiter gameplay as downloadable content.

And even though MGS3's main character was Big Boss, it was still a great game.

The X-Box and the 360.

The fanboys would cream their pants over Halo yet when given the chance to play it was the same as every other FPS. Of course I didn't buy either one of these but it's fun to point at the 360 people who got the RROD and laugh. Shoddy company, shoddy product. Do your homework.

Final Fantasy XII. That was a steaming pile of crap. I would go farther but let's just say that this is the last time I pay $50 for a FF game unless played beforehand.

Dark Cloud. Hailed by Sony as a Zelda killer but the only thing it killed was my interest in it.

The DS web browser. I got it for free but still feel I payed too much.

State of Emergency. OMFG. I deserve a beating for buying this game. Horrible. I was told this was going to be just like GTA. Ugh, last time I listen to anyone without testing first. On top of that(I still don't know why to this day, I NEVER buy strategy guides)I bought the guide. Now you see why I deserve a massive beating?

Madden for the SNES. I was and still am a HUGE Super Tecmo Bowl fan. friend of mine said that Madden blows it away. Well I tried it and it blew all right. STB is still the best football game hands down IMO to this day.

Metroid Prime. Those fucking bastards ruined Metroid by turning it into a FPS. I know I always have the DS and GBA version but still. Let Microshit have Halo and LEAVE METROID ALONE YOU fuckERS!! But that's not going to happen.

[quote name='Blitz']The X-Box and the 360.

The fanboys would cream their pants over Halo yet when given the chance to play it was the same as every other FPS. Of course I didn't buy either one of these but it's fun to point at the 360 people who got the RROD and laugh. Shoddy company, shoddy product. Do your homework.

Final Fantasy XII. That was a steaming pile of crap. I would go farther but let's just say that this is the last time I pay $50 for a FF game unless played beforehand.

Dark Cloud. Hailed by Sony as a Zelda killer but the only thing it killed was my interest in it.

The DS web browser. I got it for free but still feel I payed too much.

State of Emergency. OMFG. I deserve a beating for buying this game. Horrible. I was told this was going to be just like GTA. Ugh, last time I listen to anyone without testing first. On top of that(I still don't know why to this day, I NEVER buy strategy guides)I bought the guide. Now you see why I deserve a massive beating?

Madden for the SNES. I was and still am a HUGE Super Tecmo Bowl fan. friend of mine said that Madden blows it away. Well I tried it and it blew all right. STB is still the best football game hands down IMO to this day.

Metroid Prime. Those fucking bastards ruined Metroid by turning it into a FPS. I know I always have the DS and GBA version but still. Let Microshit have Halo and LEAVE METROID ALONE YOU fuckERS!! But that's not going to happen.[/quote]

Nice well thought out post you have here.

On an related note, there are days I wish abortions were manditory.

Don't breed.

Edit: It has been brought to my attention that you hated state of emergency... while that only requires more taste than a soda cracker... it commands a small iota of respect.

Honestly? The Ps2. I loved the Ps1 back in the days when I had time to play RPGs. I got a Ps2 with he same line of thought, but I can't really take RPgs over 20 hours or so anymore. After that point, I just wasn't too impressed with the lineup, even though the system is prolific. I have maybe, 15 games for my Ps2.

It's not a BAD system, it just wasn't this great thing I thought it was going to be.

Halo.

I wasn't quite excited for it, but the hype surrounding it made it seem like the best thing ever. Turns out those people had never played a PC FPS before.

Lets see

All Halo games (including 3)
All Mario Games (including Galaxy)
All Metal Gear Games (especially 4. I hate old people)
Every Smash Bros game
Every Resident Evil game
Final Fantasy
Ratchet and Clank
Devil May Cry
God of War
Ninja Gaiden
Okami
Every Zelda (especially the first one. Those Graphics SUCK!!)
Every Gran Turismo
Every GTA
All Project Gotham Racing games
All Tom Clancy games
All RPG's (WOOO I get to go run around a LEVEL. Sweet! NOT!!)
Every Sports game ever

[quote name='whoknows']Lets see

All Halo games (including 3)
All Mario Games (including Galaxy)
All Metal Gear Games (especially 4. I hate old people)
Every Smash Bros game
Every Resident Evil game
Final Fantasy
Ratchet and Clank
Devil May Cry
God of War
Ninja Gaiden
Okami
Every Zelda (especially the first one. Those Graphics SUCK!!)
Every Gran Turismo
Every GTA
All Project Gotham Racing games
All Tom Clancy games
All RPG's (WOOO I get to go run around a LEVEL. Sweet! NOT!!)
Every Sports game ever[/quote] I see your list, and raise you Earthbound.

[quote name='Derrick1979']got to love the fanboy's....

GEARS OF WAR :roll: [/quote]

A-f'ing-men.

That shit was so overrated. Sure the stick to the walls mechanic was pretty cool. But talk about on-rails, one trick pony shit. The bosses sucked. Hardly any enemy variety. The guns were boring and all to much the same. I couldn't even (easily) tell the difference between a few of them.

[quote name='BattleChicken']I see your list, and raise you Earthbound.[/quote]

Man, watch it there buddy, Earthbound is next on my list to play! :)

I cant really think of much. My tastes are so narrow, that I'm very accurate when it comes to knowing in advance that I'll like a game and subsequently being excited about it.

The only thing that comes close was Contact. Even then, I see the value in the game, I just didnt like the pacing or the combat. It wasnt really for me.

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Man, watch it there buddy, Earthbound is next on my list to play! :)[/quote] The game is awesome. Everyone I know whos played it loves it. In the context of this thread, it sucks, however.

Bart: Yeah, that was pretty good. Hey, how come you're not playing Bonestorm?

Milhouse: Ehh, it got boring. I'm really into this cup and ball now. Whoa! Wow! Man, you never know which way this crazy ball's going to go!

Every thread with the words Hype, Overrated, or Halo might as well be called "The Official shit on games that others like Thread"

[quote name='coltyhuxx']A-f'ing-men.

That shit was so overrated. Sure the stick to the walls mechanic was pretty cool. But talk about on-rails, one trick pony shit. The bosses sucked. Hardly any enemy variety. The guns were boring and all to much the same. I couldn't even (easily) tell the difference between a few of them.[/quote]
A-f'ing-men to that too, all my friends are total dicks about the game and how it's so cool and shit, Meanwhile halo2 still beats it any day...

I'm very picky about games, so I rarely run into something that turns out to be a complete disappointment. In fact, it's only truly happened once, where I anticipated a game, it passed all the filters (sound good?, what do others think?, early reviews?, so on), and I was generally very excited about getting it home and booting it up, only to later discover after a few hours that I just didn't like it at all.

That game was Shenmue.

I gave the game a fair shake, at least 15 hours of gameplay (I quit at a stage in the game that had something to do with a forklift). And I think I got it, as best I could: Asian soap opera involving thugs and other bullshit. But when you come right down to it, eventually I got sick of talking to all those assholes. The weather changes! It's a real-time day! Big fucking deal when I've got to shlep across town just to find out I'm supposed to put milk in the kitty's saucer. Then I've got to grind out some cash in a lousy arcade so some dick will teach me fight moves one at a time. And even that doesn't make things interesting.

The thing I learned about dothog from Shenmue is that, in moving from one part of the narrative to another, I'd much rather have countless random, annoying Jelly Slime battles than just have boring dialogue and more boring dialogue.

I realize this is highly subjective and there are some people who love the game, but yeah, Shenmue for me is a steaming pile of shit. If there are people out there who consider it a masterpiece--well, more power to you, shiteaters!

bread's done
Back