"There You Go" - The most overused phrase on the CAGcast?

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I got this email today. I'm assuming it's ok if I post it.
Hi Cheapy!

As a long time listener to the Cagcast this is the first time that I have felt compelled to write to you. I love the show. My friend Stonefry and I discuss it constantly. One thing we have both noticed is that both you and Wombat utter the phrase "there you go" with astonishing regularity. This is not a complaint. I enjoy the anticipation of waiting to hear the next time that comforting phrase will come out of either your or Wombat's mouth. Just for fun I went through Cagcast 88 and isolated the number of times I heard "there you go" from either you or Wombat. By my observation the phrase was used a total of 23 times- 14 times by yourself and 9 times by Wombat. 23 times is not as crazy high as I thought the number might be for a 1 hour, 45 minute podcast, but it is still interesting nonetheless, I think. I have attached a file isolating all the "there-you-go's" I could find for your listening enjoyment.

~Redtank
[media]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/thereyougo.mp3[/media]

I always thought "very nice" was the most overused phrase on the CAGcast. Cheapy tends to say it to keep Wombat from going off topic or to move on to the next topic.

I am usually hyper-sensitive to over-used phrases and did not even hear that. For example, when kids use 'like' every other word it drives me nuts. I guess 23 times in 2 hours is the sweet spot.

That audio clip is a riot.

[quote name='Ma12kez']I always thought "very nice" was the most overused phrase on the CAGcast. Cheapy tends to say it to keep Wombat from going off topic or to move on to the next topic.[/quote]

Yeah, I've noticed "very nice" but not "there you go."

LOL! That shit is funny as hell! I never noticed it until now but that is typically how Cheapy and Wombat segue into the next topic.

Well, Cheapy made the title that asked the question "Most overused phrase on the CAGcast?" Redtank just stated that it was used with "astonishing regularity." I don't think that it is overused at all. On the contrary, like Redtank, I look forward to hearing it. And I never have to wait very long. It would make a great drinking game. :beer:

Like I said in my original email to Cheapy, I don't really mind all the there-you-go's, but I do find myself saying it more in conversation after listening to each Cagcast. It's a great phrase to use if 1) you don't have anything to add or 2) you just don't care. Try it- you'll like it!

I like the phrase... keep using it! As much as you want even..

I can't lie... I've been saying it too.. its catchy.. there you go.

Another one that CheapyD uses to change the subject is "I don't wanna talk about that any more."

In a realted note, Mrs. Shipwreck needs to learn that one.

-stonefry

I still like "There you go" better than the old CAGCast catchphrase, "I JUST EMPTIED MY BALLS!!" You don't wanna hear that 23 times an episode. There you go.

I was going to say it's no big deal, I say "there you go" all the time.

Then I thought... maybe I say it because I listen to the CAGCast every week...

[quote name='KingBroly']I think this should be played on the CAGcast. Just to cement it.[/quote]

Officially immortalized in the annals of fake radio!

-stonefry

That clip is really funny! Nice work! :applause:

The best part about this being addressed on the new CAGcast was after Cheapy and Wombat discuss "there you go" and make fun of it a few times by blatantly throwing it in the show and acknowledging it Wombat goes right out and drops a big "there you go" right when Cheapy gives us a fruit fly update and neither of them realize it. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back