Cheapy, do you play video games?

ShawnM

CAG Veteran
I imagine your days are pretty busy with little cheapy coming along and all. It seems like you don't have much time for games (no progress on Bioshock, etc). I suppose that I just wanted to ask if you've EVER had time for games? I noticed that you never got aroud to playing much Super C or Super Mario Brothers 2 or 3. Having not played through Super Metroid or Metroid Prime.. Having not gotten into smash brothers.. I wonder what kind of games you do / have played. When did you get into gaming?

Anyway, I listen to the podcast on my long commutes. I'm just generally a little taken aback that you've seemingly skipped almost ever significant title in the past 2 decades.

I'm not sure missing a few a Nintendo games = skipping almost every significant title in the past 20 years.

I've made progress playing Bioshock. I think you'll agree the game plays much better WHEN YOUR 360 WILL ACTUALLY TURN ON.

I don't claim to be the be-all, end-all authority on every video game every made, but I've been actively playing video games in arcades and at home since 1977.

I'm 500 Xbox nerd points away from beating out the combined scores of the Editors of Joystiq, Kotaku, and Penny Arcade's Gabe and Tycho....and I am not a points whore.

So, to answer your question, Yes, I play video games.

ownedbabyai5.jpg

[quote name='CheapyD']

I think you'll agree the game plays much better WHEN YOUR 360 WILL ACTUALLY TURN ON.
.[/QUOTE]

lies! all lies!!!

:rofl:

I never got into Smash Brothers, and I never played through Metroid Prime.

Not playing Super Metroid is unforgivable, however.

...this coming from the guy who hasn't played a game in two weeks. Long gone are the days when I would beat 40-hour RPGs in under a week.

im sorry, but this topic is dumb. the guy plays as much as he possibly can, its part of his job. just because he doesnt know about EVERY game EVER made doesnt mean he doesnt play games. Maybe he wasnt a hardcore gamer back then.

I dont know shit about most old school games, but I know everything about new school games, cuz Im much more of a gamer now then I was back then. (im 24yo btw)

Everyone has those certain classic movies/games that they, for one reason or another, just never got around to seeing/playing. While it's great to suggest that a person who is into games that it would be worth the time to check out a certain title, it's kind of inane to feign such shock that the person has NEVER PLAYED ________. Is Super Metroid great? Without a doubt. I love it, and I'm sure CheapyD would as well. Does he have to check it out, or lose credibility? I would say no.

[quote name='Jek Porkins']Does he have to check it out, or lose credibility? I would say no.[/quote]

Ok, seriously?

Defensive walls flying up everywhere. I read the topic as more of a what games did you enjoy over the past 20 years... instead of a bash.

But what do I know.

It was a lighthearted bash actually. I do enjoy the show, and I AM a little bit weirded out by some experience omissions.. But, really who cares it's just fundamentally random video game fanboyism.

The shows are a little long and a tad slow for my taste, but it's a good show. I especially like when wombat responds to cheapy for not being familiar with games.

"You know you just offended half your audience." re: super c

Good stuff.

bread's done
Back