Information Central - Questions? Ask here.

are you the moderator of this forum? I'm just wondering, because DJSteel convinced me to add him to the Ipod Touch conga, but he isn't even green (plus he didn't sign up under me but I wanted to be nice as he signed up under the wrong conga). I'd like to abide by the rules of this forum, but in my experience people don't get added to a conga just by posting in the wrong thread, and not going green.

One other question - does the conga count as my "one thread" or can I have another? Cheers!

You are allowed one conga thread, and one referral thread. However, this is within reason, as I don't want people creating a conga thread just "because" as it really is getting out of hand IMO with people making congas and ditching them lately.

It would depend on the situation .. generally I've been watching the congas since I've been around and if they've gone un-rotated, I've asked someone else to start the conga again, with the same setup, minus the OP and he can no longer make congas because he went inactive, unless there was a good reason of course.

okay I have a lot of questions. (I am new to this)
1. What does going green mean?
2. Do referals cost money?
3. If it is a trial can you cancel and get your money back on the referals?
4. How long does it take to get your item. (If I wanted a 360 how long would it take?)
5. Is it worth it?
5. Can you get a big profeit by doing this?

[quote name='Tapio']what sites work internationally [europe,FINLAND] ?[/QUOTE]

Some sites, like Custom Order This allow international residents. However, these places will usually just give you the cash equivalent of the gift. Meaning, if you choose a Wii as a gift (which cost $250US), they will give you $250US instead of the Wii.

Another thing, is that international members find slim to no advertiser's offers for their countries. In that case, well, at least for the Custom Order This site, you can get an extra referral instead of you doing an offer.

[quote name='o ManBearP1g o']okay I have a lot of questions. (I am new to this)
1. What does going green mean?
2. Do referals cost money?
3. If it is a trial can you cancel and get your money back on the referals?
4. How long does it take to get your item. (If I wanted a 360 how long would it take?)
5. Is it worth it?
5. Can you get a big profeit by doing this?[/QUOTE]

Hi!

1. "Going green" means you do an advertiser's offer and get credit for it. "Going red", on the other hand, means you got put on hold at the freebie site for not obeying their terms of service (like using fake information, proxy, etc.)

2. Yes and no.

Some people like to finish sites rather quickly so they pay 50-70% of what they get from freebie sites to people who become their referrals. so, for example, if the site pays $40 for each referral, people would offer about $25-30 to people who becomes a referral for them.

Other people like to spend less or not at all to obtain a "true freebie". These people usually have personal websites, or they use friends, relatives, and people they meet at forums for their referrals.

3. Please NEVER EVER talk about canceling publicly. If you do offers for the sole purpose of canceling, that is considered fraud and it's against freebie sites TOS. This also has nothing to do with getting money back from referrals.

4. Doing the requirements (as mentioned on this free xbox 360 site) is totally dependent on how long you want to take. Some people (usually people who trade lots of $ for referrals) take about a week or two to finish the requirements. Some take a couple of months. It's up to you!

When you're done the requirements, each freebie site has a different policy of how long they take to approve accounts and when they ship the gift. On average, it takes a week for each (1 for approval, 1 for shipping).

5. TOTALLY WORTH IT! There is a lot of money to be made doing this stuff. I've personally made over $7K (in about 2 yrs) ... and that's less b/c I haven't been too active with it and b/c I'm Canadian who has limited sites to do. some people have made upwards of over $15-20K.

It takes a lot of hard work and determination at the very start to learn how everything works, how to maximize profit, and how to convince people. But if you're good at it, you will learn to do very well.

6. Yes, like said in #5, you can make a lot! So much so that some people even do this stuff as a part-time job.

If you need answers to more questions, do get back to me :)

If a virtual CC would act as a debit card, it likely would be denied .. however the only virtual CC I know of personally would be a Paypal virtual card. I've also redesigned the OP, including an active conga list, please PM me your link if yours wasn't included (I tried to search for congas in the past 30 days) and the "three or more weeks inactive" will begin ticking now, for those congas that were already 21 or more days old.

[quote name='nyne7lac']Where can I get a virtual credit card to do the offers?[/QUOTE]
Ppe-paid cards are not allowed anymore on freebie sites. If you're caught using them your account will be placed on hold.

Just use a real one, or if you don't have one, join non-cc sites.

I've got a question about Winzy. How long does it take for a referral to transfer? I had two people tell me that they signed up under my link, plus my brother signed up under mine on his laptop, but I haven't gotten any of them yet.

ok im trying to get a 360 for free but its too hard and the credit doesnt approve fast enough. is there a way i can get a 360 faster?

[quote name='jtokchain5']ok im trying to get a 360 for free but its too hard and the credit doesnt approve fast enough. is there a way i can get a 360 faster?[/QUOTE]
To which site did you sign up with? Check out my sig for a 360 link at the best site ever! ;)

3604free is probably the "easiest" to get a 360 from, however the referrals can be painful at times. PrizeRebel and Gaminglagoon credit pretty well, just make sure your using legitimate information and you'll be set.

[quote name='pak231']can i bump my own referral thread? like after a day[/QUOTE]
Yes. Theres currently no rules on bumping, however if you bump it several times in say, three hours .. I'll probably ask you to slow down.

I just wanted to give Foladar a big thanks for keeping things in line here.

You are doing a great job, keep it up it is well appreciated. :applause:

hi

i have no credit card... but i want to be able to get free stuff

can someone point me in the direction of the BEST and EASIEST site where NO-CC is needed.

please and thanks

Depends on what you're trying to get and what you want, as in a referral site or points based site. If you just want to pick up a game or two look into a site like Prize Rebel or Gaming Lagoon.

I literally just signed up 4 this sight, because i googled how to get Free Microsoft Points, and got this... Where do i start getting these things!?!?! im lost.....:drool::bomb:

Hey all,
Bit of Newbie here...
My S.O. and I signed up, and have already got a few good deals (Sears & K-mart clearence thread:cool:).

I have been trying to read thorugh all the "Free" threads, and I have a few ???'s

1~ Referal vs. Points...pro's/con's (can someone break this down a bit for me)
2~ I have no problem signing up for some offers to aquire a system, as long as they arent very long term.(I am Not trying to get it completly free...Just cheap)... what can I expect to pay out of pocket for said offers to aquire a Ps3 sytem/Xbox elite...
3~ alot of the threads seem to be loosing steam, Why ?
4~ anyone that has done/doing this stuff, have more experience, can I(or anyone) ask questions(or get advice) on what deals are cheapest(fastest)

thanx a ton for heads up.
and for the great deals already...
C.

1) Referral Pros: Easy to get the prize quicker, only need to complete a few offers, sometimes one.

-Referral Cons: Not many, but some people charge a lot for referrals.

-Points pros: No referrals involved, some good sites for points

-Points cons: May end up being more costly, a lot more work involved.

Basically a points system you need an x amount of points and the same gos for referral but refs instead. Its your choice of what system you want but points or GPT are easier for beginners.

2) Offers go from free to 20-100 dollars most are in the 5 dollar range.

3) The threads are losing "steam" because the freebie industry is at a bad time now because of fraud by the users.

4) Please feel free to ask me questions, I can get you started.

[quote name='yousuredo']Hey all,
Bit of Newbie here...
My S.O. and I signed up, and have already got a few good deals (Sears & K-mart clearence thread:cool:).

I have been trying to read thorugh all the "Free" threads, and I have a few ???'s

1~ Referal vs. Points...pro's/con's (can someone break this down a bit for me)
2~ I have no problem signing up for some offers to aquire a system, as long as they arent very long term.(I am Not trying to get it completly free...Just cheap)... what can I expect to pay out of pocket for said offers to aquire a Ps3 sytem/Xbox elite...
3~ alot of the threads seem to be loosing steam, Why ?
4~ anyone that has done/doing this stuff, have more experience, can I(or anyone) ask questions(or get advice) on what deals are cheapest(fastest)

thanx a ton for heads up.
and for the great deals already...
C.[/QUOTE]

Ref Pro:
-- Because you have to do just 1 or 2 offers, you can do plenty of freebie sites
-- Pay is a lot more than doing it the points way most of the time

Ref Cons:
-- Too much competition with people finding referrals. This leads to people paying more and more for referrals. Depending on the site, on average, people pay b/w $25-35 (the higher for trainn.org sites as people love them the most)

Points Pro:
-- No need to bug people to be your ref
-- If you find some good DIY sites, they can be very profitable (until they become well known, the requirements get difficult, and then its kinda impossible)

Points Cons:
- Due to you doing many offers on one site, you're very limited in the offers you can do on other sites. You cannot repeat offers, ever, so you have to wait till new ones come in. At this current time, due to major fraud many advertisers pulled out and thus they're around 25-50, depending on which site you go to.

Most offers range from $5-10. Sometimes as high as $25. There are also free trials sometimes where you don't pay anything, or if you do, you get refunded.

Like I said earlier, too much competition in finding referrals.

For good offers, check out:

http://www.anything4free.com/navigate.php?page=ratetheoffers

and to discuss them:

http://www.anything4free.com/forums/index.php?s=&showforum=198

Let me know if you need any more help. I'm been doing this for about 2.5yrs now and have made around $10k.

[quote name='Redeema']Depends on what you're trying to get and what you want, as in a referral site or points based site. If you just want to pick up a game or two look into a site like Prize Rebel or Gaming Lagoon.[/quote]
Which is better (for people with no CC)?

I'd say either or, whatever interface you prefer better .. if I had to choose, I'd probably suggest Gaming Lagoon. Their custom orders are also better, since they allow more things (PR use to just allow Amazon, nothing else, not sure if that was changed)

[quote name='Foladar']I'd say either or, whatever interface you prefer better .. if I had to choose, I'd probably suggest Gaming Lagoon. Their custom orders are also better, since they allow more things (PR use to just allow Amazon, nothing else, not sure if that was changed)[/quote]
What is custom orders? I was trying to do GamingLagoon but I didn't know what to click for the "Coregister With Our Affiliates - Please Check All The Boxes Below". Do you know what I should click? I dunno if I unclick something and then it won't work or whatever.

*Edit* Is it possible to use your cell? Will they text you or anything like that that'll make me regret putting my cell lol.

That affiliate thing wasn't there when I signed up, or I don't recall it at all, I wouldn't think you'd have to sign up with their affiliates to sign up with Gaminglagoon though. Custom order is where you can order things that are on the "subject" of gaming, such as something that isn't on their website from anywhere, unlike the limit of Amazon only for PrizeRebel.

I also imagine if you used a cell # as your main number, that you shouldn't receive any texts. Just don't signup for the cell phone service offers they have, or you'll likely get more than just texts.

[quote name='Foladar']That affiliate thing wasn't there when I signed up, or I don't recall it at all, I wouldn't think you'd have to sign up with their affiliates to sign up with Gaminglagoon though. Custom order is where you can order things that are on the "subject" of gaming, such as something that isn't on their website from anywhere, unlike the limit of Amazon only for PrizeRebel.

I also imagine if you used a cell # as your main number, that you shouldn't receive any texts. Just don't signup for the cell phone service offers they have, or you'll likely get more than just texts.[/quote]

I like Amazon though lol. So if I wanted GH3 and Amazon had it I would order from them using points? How much points = GH3 lol

[quote name='Foladar']1$ = 1pt on both websites.[/quote]

Does Prize Rebel and GL hold similar offers? Like I tried Rebel and you have to put your address and all of that, I just wanted to fill out surveys or something lol.

Yes, they do generally have the same offers and yes, 90% of these offers do require you to input real information including a phone # and address.

Are we alllowed to use those credit cards that aren't actually credit cards but have the number on the freeofferspot wii?

Also, could I do a Stamps.com offer on the Wii one and then do it again on the 360 one?

You can't complete the same offers. If you complete a free trial of an offer, you wouldn't be eligible the second time around.

[quote name='mkda']Pre-paids cards are not allowed anymore. You need a real one.

Cannot repeat offers EVER.[/quote]
...No prepaid cards? Well that totally, completely sucks. Why is it not allowed? I can't even do the Stamps.com one with a prepaid?

Wait, my friend used a prepaid debit card on 360elite4free.com on the Stamps offer...is his account going to get taken away?

[quote name='NFK']...No prepaid cards? Well that totally, completely sucks. Why is it not allowed? I can't even do the Stamps.com one with a prepaid?

Wait, my friend used a prepaid debit card on 360elite4free.com on the Stamps offer...is his account going to get taken away?[/QUOTE]
Pre-paid cards were once allowed. But WAY too many people frauded offers and it pissed advertisers off. Most of them backed out of this freebie business. So to make the situation better, meaning to keep the freebie world alive, freebie sites disallowed members from using it. Yes, ALL offers need to be used with a real card. If found to be using a pre-paid one (advertiser's can report it), your (friend's) account will go on hold.

[quote name='Wicked One 612']Are there any reputable gift card offer sites out there? I'm looking to get a Visa Gift card for completing offers.[/QUOTE]
Look back a few posts before. Gift cards are NOT ALLOWED to be used anymore to do offers.

Unless you mean you want to complete offers using a regular credit card, and be awarded a gift card in return?

[quote name='mkda']Look back a few posts before. Gift cards are NOT ALLOWED to be used anymore to do offers.

Unless you mean you want to complete offers using a regular credit card, and be awarded a gift card in return?[/quote]
Apparently you mis-interpreted my question. I was asking if there are any reputable sites that I may earn a $100 visa gift card or other value.

[quote name='Wicked One 612']Apparently you mis-interpreted my question. I was asking if there are any reputable sites that I may earn a $100 visa gift card or other value.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, perhaps. Any freebie site, such as this, that does custom orders will do (talk to the admin)

bread's done
Back