halo 3 $35 credit... gamestop only!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamestop dave

CAG Veteran
if you decide you wont want halo 3 after preordering it dont bother canceling your order. just take it in to gamestop. or if you just dont like it take it in. on day 1 we will offer $35 credit so you can buy a new game. dont like it? shop atwal mart instead. if yuo dont like it there your stuck with a $60 game and you cant find used deals there. also this is the last week to preorder. better do it soon or youll be stuck while all your friends play halo 3 youll be all alone!!

Or, and get this! You COULD cancel your order and have $60 to get a new game! Like OMG right!!??!11!

\Hooray for my second post ever!

[quote name='tombofsoldier']Or, and get this! You COULD cancel your order and have $60 to get a new game! Like OMG right!!??!11!

\Hooray for my second post ever![/quote]

wow first post and youve been registered since feb

Yeah, it might be mild retail fraud, but there are numerous locations where you can bring the game in, say you lost your receipt (or it was a gift), and get store credit (if not your money back).

[quote name='guyver2077']wow first post and youve been registered since feb[/quote]That's the power of gamestop dave. He compels you to reply.

Gamestop yet again fails at making it sound like they actually offer something worthwhile.

35 bucks? I could get 50 on craigslist or E-bay easily.

So, basically what your saying is if I have a fully payed $60 Halo 3 and if I don't want it, for me to buy it, then return it for $35 credit? You're a genius! Thanks!

w/edge card you get 10% more as well. more appealing right. at wal mart you get $0 plus you pay full price. at gamestop you get it used for a low price + 10% off theyre practically giving it away. plus if you preorder it there you get $5 off right off the bat.

[quote name='gamestop dave']w/edge card you get 10% more as well. more appealing right. at wal mart you get $0 plus you pay full price. at gamestop you get it used for a low price + 10% off theyre practically giving it away. plus if you preorder it there you get $5 off right off the bat.[/quote]

you are the man..

please "practically" give away more game deals

Ban this nigger. He is obviously a plant from Gamestop. An incoherent plant at that; must be a random part-timer who got put up to post by his manager or something.

[quote name='gamestop dave']w/edge card you get 10% more as well. more appealing right. at wal mart you get $0 plus you pay full price. at gamestop you get it used for a low price + 10% off theyre practically giving it away. plus if you preorder it there you get $5 off right off the bat.[/quote]I don't know why I'm seriously responding, but:

1) You have to pay full price for Halo at GS, unless they're going to open new copies to sell them used for $5 less. Sorry, $5 less - 10%, cause they're practically giving it away.

2) You don't get $5 off for preordering, you pay a $5 deposit. Unless you're saying if I preorder a game in full, I get it for free???

Also, $35 trade-in is terrible, given that a bunch of Wii games also trade in for $35 and Halo 3 will be $10 more.

Hooray for corporate shilling.

[quote name='botticus']That's the power of gamestop dave. He compels you to reply.[/quote]

Yep, the all powerful gamestop dave... he visits us in our dreams.

(still laughing...)

[quote name='gamestop dave']w/edge card you get 10% more as well. more appealing right. at wal mart you get $0 plus you pay full price. at gamestop you get it used for a low price + 10% off theyre practically giving it away. plus if you preorder it there you get $5 off right off the bat.[/quote]

What would be more appealing if I didn't want this game (unopend of course), I could return it and get my money back or just cancel my pre order and not go through the whole fiascal of returning it

Just wondering...why would I ever trade in a game at Gamestop instead of selling it on Ebay??? If I sell on Ebay I get cash... If I trade in at Gamestop I get store credit and a LESSER amount! Do the math. Everyone needs to stop being lazy and stop trading in at gamestop. They give you a very small amount of store credit and then blatantly slap a sticker of several times that amount on the game to sell it as used. I traded in my Resident Evil Code: Veronica for Dreamcast a few years back and they gave me 75 cents. I see him slapping a 27.99 used price tag on it. Huh? This always happens. I also hate it when I get the last "new" copy and I get the one off the shelf. A lot of times that game has already been taken home by a Gamestop employee and played. Why should I have to pay full price for it? Sorry to threadcrap here, but its clear this guy is a gamestop employee plant. Gamestop equals garbage.

This is beyond great. Continue Dave please.

What other deals do you have going on? I like EB Games... ever hear of them? I think they may offer close to the same deal as you do.

:rofl:
Ahh Gamestop Dave, you've brightened my day.

Never thought I'd get to say this on CAG but.....PLANT.

If all your posts are as good as this I hope you don't get banned.

[quote name='gamestop dave']if you decide you wont want halo 3 after preordering it dont bother canceling your order. just take it in to gamestop. or if you just dont like it take it in. on day 1 we will offer $35 credit so you can buy a new game. dont like it? shop atwal mart instead. if yuo dont like it there your stuck with a $60 game and you cant find used deals there. also this is the last week to preorder. better do it soon or youll be stuck while all your friends play halo 3 youll be all alone!![/quote]

THAT'S A BIG 10-4 LITTLE BUDDY

Now get the fuck off our board.

[quote name='guyver2077']guys just trying to earn some money..

wheres the harm[/quote]We're just trying to help him become a better shill, which will allow him to earn money more efficiently. Subtlety, Dave, subtlety!

the problem with ebay is people always get ripped off. like if you sell it there people either want a good bargain for $20 or less. plus you have to pay for shipping which is like $8. and also some people are dishonest who dont send you the money. were not like that at gamestop, we print your credit on a card and you can use it online or in store. only we offer this expeirnec and if you dont like it shop at target best buy instead. stay away. if you want to support a corporate monster go to wal mart. if you want to support a true GAME STORE go to us. if you leave we wont miss you, we have thousands of other customers right in line.

[quote name='gamestop dave']the problem with ebay is people always get ripped off. like if you sell it there people either want a good bargain for $20 or less. plus you have to pay for shipping which is like $8. and also some people are dishonest who dont send you the money. were not like that at gamestop, we print your credit on a card and you can use it online or in store. only we offer this expeirnec and if you dont like it shop at target best buy instead. stay away. if you want to support a corporate monster go to wal mart. if you want to support a true GAME STORE go to us. if you leave we wont miss you, we have thousands of other customers right in line.[/quote]That's a bald-faced lie, but can you please talk to the boys in Grapevine to get that put in place?

[quote name='gamestop dave']if you leave we wont miss you, we have thousands of other customers right in line.[/quote]
That's the way to get customers.

Also, lawlz at not considering Gamestop a "corporate monster".

[quote name='botticus']That's a bald-faced lie, but can you please talk to the boys in Grapevine to get that put in place?[/quote]

Yeah, no kidding.... I was disappointed to find out a few days ago that gift cards don't work online. Lame!

[quote name='gamestop dave']the problem with ebay is people always get ripped off. like if you sell it there people either want a good bargain for $20 or less. plus you have to pay for shipping which is like $8. and also some people are dishonest who dont send you the money. were not like that at gamestop, we print your credit on a card and you can use it online or in store. only we offer this expeirnec and if you dont like it shop at target best buy instead. stay away. if you want to support a corporate monster go to wal mart. if you want to support a true GAME STORE go to us. if you leave we wont miss you, we have thousands of other customers right in line.[/QUOTE]

I almost spit Snapple at the screen reading this. This part was a gem though:
if you want to support a corporate monster go to wal mart

[quote name='gamestop dave']if you leave we wont miss you, we have thousands of other customers right in line.[/quote]

Well I was just about to go to my local GS and pre-order a load of games, but if thats your attitude I'll not bother.

Instead I'll get in touch with GS Corporate and tell them someone called Gamestop Dave is telling everyone that GS don't need any more customers.

[quote name='cavie2002']OR you can sell it on ebay for about 50 bucks, and not be stuck with gamestop credit[/quote]

Or the trademarked sore asshole from the raping you get trading ANYTHING in at that piece of shit operation. Preorders are about all they're good for anymore. I especially like their sales like "buy a used Gamecube title online, get one free" when their search engine gets enough results to count on one hand...after a horrible woodshop accident.

I really now cannot wait until all games become digital downloads, thanks Gamestop Dave! Also, you just got me to stop shopping at all EBgames and Gamestop stores for atleast two months, great job!

[quote name='gamestop dave']heres proof used is better. we offer options other stores dont. at wal mart guitar hero 2 is $90 n omatter what. at ours you can get it $40 used!! thats 50 less. http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=952124 you guys much be rich or spoiled a**holes... go to your fancy corporate stores while the true gamers get the real bargains...[/quote]I hear Guitar Hero is awesome with a standard controller.

[quote name='gamestop dave']also this is the last week to preorder. better do it soon or youll be stuck while all your friends play halo 3 youll be all alone!![/quote]
Okay, I'm going to put my anger-induced rant in a spoiler.

Jesus titty fucking christ! I HATE when GS/EB employees say I won't find a fucking game just because I didn't put $5 into their hands ahead of time. I work in a FYE and considering we sell video games as well, we get enough of the big titles to supply both preorders and a lot of regular sales. To say that a distributor sends only to fill the preorders is preposterous and a flat out lie. Why would they want to only send that much when you can sell the preorders and then some more for the people who didn't preorder? It's shit like that statement that really bring my piss to a boil. Don't tell someone that they'd be shit outta luck, because there are always Best Buys and other big stores that will have a shit-ton of copies. Christ, such a pet peeve of mine it's not even funny.

[quote name='gamestop dave']heres proof used is better. we offer options other stores dont. at wal mart guitar hero 2 is $90 n omatter what. at ours you can get it $40 used!! thats 50 less. http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=952124 you guys much be rich or spoiled a**holes... go to your fancy corporate stores while the true gamers get the real bargains...[/QUOTE]

In Walmart you get a guitar and game with that, the product you listed is for game only. A used guitar controller or guitar hero game will cost you $40 for each item.

Wow, I'm going to gamestop right now! Because they have the BEST trade in deals. $35 for a $60 game!?! How can they afford to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back