Ninja Gaiden II - Gen. Discussion & Info - No Longer A X360 Exclusive Title

ananag112

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)

IGN
Excerpts from new IGN preview

-The ESRB has rules, we're following them, we're in contact with them, they know what the game is about.

-We noticed that the bow now seems far easier to use and it can now be charged by collecting essence drops just like the melee weapons

-New techniques are once again taught through scrolls that players pick up as they advance through the level but this time around Team Ninja gives you a hand with the learning process. Now when Ryu learns a new move a tutorial screen pops and displays a looping video of the move along with the controls. When the player replicates this action they are given a small achievement as a reward.

-At the save points, which are once again represented by dragon statues, it is possible to tap the right bumper and quickly replace your existing save and then continue with the action. These points also fully regenerate your health. Another method to saving is the auto-save setting that creates a new checkpoint at every statue.

-One of the most important areas of customization are the planned four modes of difficulty. This not only affects the combat, but how easily Ryu recovers using the regenerative health system.

-Another area that has been paid special attention in the sequel is the camera.

-As you probably noticed we can put more enemies on the screen at once in this game. As we tweak where the game recognizes when the combo ends, you might finish of one enemy quickly but you can continue the combo with enemies around you. Personally speaking I think it's more stylish and cooler to finish an enemy off with the blade than to keep pounding on them with the multiple part combo. It's better to put them out of their misery. But I do watch YouTube and other gaming video sites and I see the expert players and how they aim for ridiculously long combos and I think that's really cool, so I would like to leave the ability to continue those kind of challenges.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/847/847924p1.html
Features

Ninja Gaiden® 2 makes its long-awaited debut on Xbox 360™ as the blockbuster action-packed sequel to Ninja Gaiden. Ninja Gaiden 2 features a new and improved game engine, developed from the ground up, exclusively for Microsoft and Xbox 360 by Team Ninja and legendary game developer Tomonobu Itagaki, creator of the famed Dead or Alive” franchise.
Guide Ryu Hayabusa on a mission to avenge his clan and prevent the destruction of the human race. Armed with an assortment of ninja weaponry, help Ryu to skillfully maneuver through a world fraught with peril and danger. Ninja Gaiden 2 features an all-new gameplay engine, new auto-health regeneration system, levels, adventures, enemies, and thrilling combat with an extensive assortment of ninja weaponry, representing a true evolution of the highly popular franchise.

• Exhilarating ninja action: Assuming the role of a ninja warrior, experience the new "finishing blows" system that combines gore with fast action and a well-honed combat system. In addition to a variety of brutal new primary weapons and enhanced versions of previous favorites, Ninja Gaiden 2 features both land and water-based action with advanced on-water battles providing a beautiful counterpoint to the land-based action.
  • Easy to play, hard to master: Ninja Gaiden 2’s new auto-healing system featuring semi-permanent damage restored at save points is the natural evolution of the franchise’s distinctive gameplay, and introduces a new twist to managing health. Featuring a newly implemented auto-healing functionality and save point system, as well as an extensive story mode and multiple difficulty levels available from the start of the game, the gameplay is accessible to more casual players and challenging to even the most demanding gamers.
  • Massive content and engrossing story: The themes of revenge and friendship in Ninja Gaiden 2 give rise to a series of dramatic events to create a truly compelling story. From Tokyo to New York and to the Netherworld, the story leads you through a 30-hour story mode as you skillfully maneuver Ryu Hayabusa through a demonized world fraught with peril and danger. In addition to the single-player campaign, upload Karma scores to Xbox LIVE® leaderboards and participate in an all-new Master Ninja Tournament.
  • Realistic graphics in next-generation gaming: Built from the ground-up from Team Ninja’s in-house gaming engine for Xbox 360, Ninja Gaiden 2 represents the best in amazing visuals, responsive control, and thrilling combat with an extensive assortment of ninja weaponry.

LinkinPrime Edit: Here's the Thumbnails!!!!

Looks super cool, but Itagaki said it was supposed to blow Sigma out of the water.
Looks the same and no shiny suit for Ryu.

Can't wait to play though!!!
Much more gore!

Oh my god oh my god oh my god *explodes*

I cannot wait for this.
Man you stole my response, now I am gonna have to go all Ninja Gaiden on yo ass. lol
Anyway I can't wait for this, I don't like all the added gore but oh well.

Graphically it looks similar to Sigma but does look better. Its hard to judge on screens we need movies first to tell.

So, of course I'll buy this only to put it down halfway through.

Hopefully Alma stayed dead.

The blood looks cool, very stylized with the twists and swirls.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Why does next gen = shiny?[/QUOTE]

Cuz Ryu is a fashion ninja. Don't got times to be all stealthy and unnoticeable in actual ninja garb when he wants to show off dem letha' pants of his.

Faaaaaaaabjulous.

still need to finish ninja gaiden. itagaki needs to do something about the skin textures for his characters. i'm just tired of seeing plastic people in games that strive for realism in terms of visuals.

Um, no, they aren't striving for realism. I think that's pretty obvious, especially with all of the extra stylized gore.

[quote name='triforcer']i'm talking about realism in character models.[/quote]

I sometimes would like that too, but I think it would take away from the stylized models to a certain degree.

[quote name='triforcer']i'm talking about realism in character models.[/quote]Rachel is case in point that they're not going for realism in character models. Much more like Barbie; thus, the plastic look is totally appropriate.

I just skeeted all over my screen.

I WANT THIS SO BAD... though I must admit, while NG1's decapitation is undoubtedly sexy, NG2's dismemberment looks a bit freaky.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I WANT THIS SO BAD... though I must admit, while NG1's decapitation is undoubtedly sexy, NG2's dismemberment looks a bit freaky.[/quote]Agreed, although if it plays at the speed that NG1 does, I don't think it will be so front and center as they are in these stills.

[quote name='looploop']I cross my fingers for this to be a 2007 release[/quote]Christmas 2008 is probably pretty hopeful. 2007 is an impossibility at this point.

[quote name='looploop']I cross my fingers for this to be a 2007 release[/quote]

Just like I am hoping for a 2007 RE5 release. This wont be out until summer 09. Anyone remember how long the orignial ninja gaiden was delayed.

[quote name='looploop']I cross my fingers for this to be a 2007 release[/quote]

not a chance in hell this is 07, but my god that look sexy :drool:

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Why does next gen = shiny?[/QUOTE]

Next gen = Grey. It may be shiny but at least its got color. I wonder if this will get an AO rating with all the gore.

[quote name='wilks25']wow fuck me I had no idea this was comin out for 360.[/quote]

What did you think it was coming out for Wii? Lawls.

[quote name='wilks25']wow fuck me I had no idea this was comin out for 360.[/quote]

What did you think it was coming out for? I mean MS and team ninja are known to have been good partners for quite some time so if there was going to be a NG2 it would be on the 360 probably with some limited time exclusivity.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Can someone please post the screens here? I can't view NeoGAF from school.[/quote]

I imageshacked the images into the OP

fucking sick! When can I preorder the Super Duper Deluxe Alpha Omega Collectors Edition?

NG2_1.png

NG2_2.png

NG2_3.png

NG2_4.png

NG2_5.png

NG2_6.png

NG2_7.png

NG2_8.png

NG2_9.png

NG2_10.png

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I imageshacked the images into the OP
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Linkin.

Supposedly, there were some images of Dead or Alive: Code Chronos leaked on the Japanese Xbox site as well. I am trying to find them, but I haven't had any luck yet.

bread's done
Back