XBLA - Yaris - 0pts - Available Now

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Features

Hop into a Toyota Yaris and drive it on crazy tracks loaded with stubborn obstacles, cool powerups, and intense enemy action. The relentlessly twisted courses in Yaris might have loops or even be tube-shaped, but the Yaris never has to worry about sliding off track, as it defies gravity by scaling side-walls and going all topsy-turvy. Equip your Yaris with an arsenal of weapons to take out your adversaries, but be careful to avoid enemy fire, because once your shields are depleted, so is the game.
  • Customizable cars: Drive either a Yaris Sedan, Sports Sedan, or the Liftback. Collect coins on the track and outfit your Yaris with weapons, shields, and tire configurations.
  • Game modes: Race and take out your enemies in either single player or player vs. player game mode.
  • Wild tracks: Drive on eight different tracks of progressive difficulty.
  • Gallery feature: Browse through the game's cast of characters, including all the Yaris cars.
  • Twelve new achievements and new Leaderboard: Twelve new achievements to unlock, and a new Xbox LIVE® Arcade leaderboard for you to dominate. Get in your Yaris and drive!
Achievements:
http://www.achieve360points.com/game/yaris/

http://www.achieve360points.com/game/yaris/

My guess is that you get it for free by test driving the car...not sure if its a USA game or not but I want one!

EDIT: Coming to XBLA check posts by dios and Damian below...

Sounds like the BK games scenario, all over again.

Though, this might've been like they did with that Volvo game for the OG Xbox.

I'm all for companies like BK and Toyota making games. Sure they're mediocre, but the BK games were entertaining and you got achievements. Hope this game hits the states. Thanks OP.

Toyata's wasting alot of money on advertising it's dopey Yaris in really lame youth-centric marketing.

They made some lame Smalleville webcomic (advertised ad nauseum on the show) and now they're creating games that I just bet will suck.

Kinda fun to see one of those perfect Japanese car companies foul up and waste their money for the first time in ages.

Speaking of Smalleville - could the product placement in that show be more awkward? I saw a repeat the other night and some one-episode hack superhero had to put in contacts so they could fight crime - the show actually had the gall to have someone say "Accuview [contacts] to the rescue!"

They should just release some free forza cars like nissan did but in addition with a decent toyota so people will download it. Like have a pack with the yaris, camry, lexus gs, is250 (is350 is rwd only)

hilarious achievements
1. Speed Limit
Complete a track having reached a speed of at least 250 mph.

Are these cars moded with rocket engines like the monster garage helica?

I think it will probably come from some free arcade download, or if its big, probably via test driving a Yaris. I'd want to try it out either way.

[quote name='Link927']I think it will probably come from some free arcade download, or if its big, probably via test driving a Yaris. I'd want to try it out either way.[/QUOTE]
I think Volvo did this for the old xbox when it released Volvo: Drive for life.

It is going to be a free marketplace download, so its pretty much free achievements when the game is done. ive played the beta during the Evo fighting game championships at Evo west * san diego * and evo world * las vegas * its pretty fun and its hard as hell to get the top scores in this game. not too bad for a free download. though the graphics are super super simple, its fun imo.

Here's my take on advergames; they cost less than throwing up billboards, internet ads which most people have blocked via Adblock Plus, and then there's the expensive TV time.

Throw this up on XBLM for free and bam, instance audience.

I really hope that this is just a no strings free DL. I'm 6'7 I think they would laugh me off the showroom floor if I showed up asking to Test Drive a Yaris.

Oh and did anyone else see this Achievement...9. Leader of the Pack - Save up to 1 million coins. A million? Those coins better be all over the dam place.

[quote name='memsg']I think Volvo did this for the old xbox when it released Volvo: Drive for life.[/quote]yes they did, i have a sealed copy right next to me. forgot how i got it though.

[quote name='Kevlar281']I really hope that this is just a no strings free DL. I'm 6'7 I think they would laugh me off the showroom floor if I showed up asking to Test Drive a Yaris.

Oh and did anyone else see this Achievement...9. Leader of the Pack - Save up to 1 million coins. A million? Those coins better be all over the dam place. [/QUOTE]

coins are pretty plentiful. but thats still asking alot.

[quote name='Kevlar281']I really hope that this is just a no strings free DL. I'm 6'7 I think they would laugh me off the showroom floor if I showed up asking to Test Drive a Yaris.

Oh and did anyone else see this Achievement...9. Leader of the Pack - Save up to 1 million coins. A million? Those coins better be all over the dam place. [/QUOTE]

Condisering that Money Bags requires you to collect 1000 coins, Im assuming 1 million will be a stretch.

[quote name='Danil ACE']Hopefully its better than the other free XBLA game (Aegis wing), which SUCKED and was possibly the worst game ever created.[/QUOTE]

You haven't played many games have you?

[quote name='Danil ACE']Hopefully its better than the other free XBLA game (Aegis wing), which SUCKED and was possibly the worst game ever created.[/QUOTE]

Someone doesn't appreciate simple gameplay. Aegis Wing is by far in the top 5 games on XBLA. It is like UNO, Texas Holdem, a simple game to play to pass some time solo or with friends. Sure Yaris isn't going to be GT or PGR and most of us know this. The BK games aren't the greatest games by any means, but they are enjoyable.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Aegis Wing was money.

That 360 is bizarre though, as Damian mentioned. The HDD (or what's in its place) is massive.[/quote]

Pretty sure that massive casing over the HDD is to lock it down to prevent someone trying to steal it. As for Aegis Wing, i wasn't impressed at all, but my interest in the side-scrolling games such as Aegis Wing started to dwindle a while ago.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I happen to like those Yaris....Yarisis? Yari? Yarises? Yaris'....stupid S ending car names.[/QUOTE]

I would imagine it would be Yarises, or possibly Yarii

We own a Yaris. Love the gas milage and it has an Ipod impute jack, also it plays MP3s. Its a cheap car with good safety ratings for a car that size. We love ours.

[quote name='BREVITY']We own a Yaris. Love the gas milage and it has an Ipod impute jack, also it plays MP3s. Its a cheap car with good safety ratings for a car that size. We love ours.[/quote]

Hmm.

I assume there could be some random pop up testimonials in the game as well. During loading, the title screen, for example.

Aegis Wing was a fun little shooter. Really, I've played far worse games that have retailed for $50 before.

Now, if it was 800 points, I think it would have had issues, but it was a borderline purchase for me at 400, and free, it was a very entertaining game.

Honestly, for free, what do you really expect? You aren't getting the next Oblvion for free.

Haha. I hope this game is good. If its anything like driving a Yaris though nothing will be where it should be. You will have to lean into the passenger seat to see how fast youre going and people will point and laugh at you as you use it.

Game was way better than I expected. At the start of the game, the car seems to take off by itself, I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it go faster even though it says press up to speed up...I played a couple matches online and it is pretty challenging, a lot of stuff on your screen at all times, you have to shoot all kinds of objects to obtain better weapons and to have them drop shields, coin collecting is pretty fun too.

[quote name='SL4IN']it'll probably suck, but hey, it's free and you get achievements.[/QUOTE]

They are some hard achievements, if you can play this enough to get a million coins, I will be proud of you.

bread's done
Back