Confirmed: GS/EB Edge 10% discount card for $2!!! GI postcard or online pdf

I think they're actually trying to charge $2 MORE than if you were to get it in stores. As a matter of fact, I believe the card + year subscription is $15 now

This is definitely not a deal. Like Alphakira said its $15 to subscribe and get the card in stores vs $20($22 with card) by mail.

You're 14, want the flaming PG rated, and yet you have an avatar that promotes "choking bitches"?

fuck you.

Yeah, they're acutally charging you $2 more if you want an edge card, and the year subscription is $20 by itself. The deal GS offers you is better IMO. Even if you get the 2 year, the card would probably only last one year.

Alttough, it doesnt explicitly say that you need to get a subscription to get the card, you can try, but you'll probably get denied.

Someone on here once said that you can get the card alone for $2... who knows if that's true though?

[quote name='chakan']I remember when Edge cards were $5 *sigh*[/quote]

Loved it when EB was a seperate entity from GS... I sure miss all those early morning deals, and the random new game deals they sprung up during the day

I think all our former EB's have been branded with the lovely GS logo now

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah our EB has the GameStop signage on the outside of the building and on the stripmall sign now as of like 3 weeks ago.

I've wondered the same thing. Keep us posted if you do get a $2 card. Mine is expired and I don't want the crappy magazine. I liked being able to buy it for $5 from EB...

I tried sending in the postcard several years ago, only asking for the Edge card. It didn't work. I didn't have a subscription at the time to GI, so maybe that is why.

It might work if you are a current subscriber.

Well, all I know is that it is $15 now, because I just signed up for the edge card/gi thing yesterday when i traded in some games.

[quote name='twen']Yeah our EB has the GameStop signage on the outside of the building and on the stripmall sign now as of like 3 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Same here, although the reciept still reads EB games, yet online the store turned into a Gamestop....

I found this card in the Game Informer I got today. I think I'll cut them a check for $2 and see what happens. My Edge expires in November... would be awesome not to have to pay $15.

I'll report back if anything happens. Might take awhile.

yeah thnx for alerting us about this. that is what this forum is for monkeydeew. but let me give you a tip, your comment about choking b****** isn't gonna get you anywhere but very very lonely when you get older if that is your attitude towares women. not that you were asking for a lecture, but you know...

UPDATE: Game Informer has CASHED my check for $2, which is promising. I don't think they would cash it unless they were going to send me something, right? (unless they just want to steal my two bucks, heh)

I will keep you posted.

2Edge-card.jpg

THANK YOU MONKEYDEEW!

is there a sticker on the back of the card? otherwise aren't edge cards just a gift card?

these cards are found inside the game informer magazines.

[quote name='OnChkMnDS']OMg where can i find this card to mail in?[/QUOTE]
I just printed the pics in the opening post. Didn't even use a stamp thanks to the beauty of business reply mail.

[quote name='jngx80']is there a sticker on the back of the card? otherwise aren't edge cards just a gift card?

these cards are found inside the game informer magazines.[/QUOTE]Yes, there is a sticker on the back. I chose not to take a picture of that, along with my address on the envelope, and post it on the internets.

[quote name='chakan']
2Edge-card.jpg

THANK YOU MONKEYDEEW![/quote]
CONGRATS! I was going to try mailing them $2 but I was out of ink and forgot about this when I FINALLY remembered to buy a refill kit. I am going to do this monday though for sure! I haven't had a Edge card in ages.

Thanks for the heads up Monkeydew

:applause: Looks like chakan beat me.

I guess I should expect mine any day now. Sweeeet. Anyone else thinks the OP title should be updated or even a new post opened?

Now every Gamestop employee can stop pestering me to renew mine since it expires a month from now. (Oh, yes, please, screw me out of a month of discounts! I don't mind!)

[quote name='OnChkMnDS']hmmm who do i make out the check to[/QUOTE][quote name='OnChkMnDS']who u guys write the check to[/QUOTE]

Game Informer Magazine

[quote name='OnChkMnDS']Did u just clue the front and back together....where does ur check go?[/QUOTE]

I glued the second image to a blank envelope. I admit that was ultimate cheapassedness, but I was out of stamps.

[quote name='cranguy']:applause: Looks like chakan beat me.

I guess I should expect mine any day now. Sweeeet. Anyone else thinks the OP title should be updated or even a new post opened?

[/QUOTE]I bet you have yours Monday or Tuesday! When you get your card, I think we can call this deal confirmed. The official .pdf KrAzY3 found should be part of the new topic, if someone starts one.

op title updated and i am mailing in my postcard monday morning. i got another one in my GI this month, if you go to the store it shouldnt be hard to just take one out of the magazines.

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']I haven't had the Edge card for years, but was the deal always for 10 months only? Why not for a year?[/quote]It's a year now. Was it 10 months before?

It's Possible GS/EB sale Edge Card by itself instead you must paid $15 for Game Informer Subscription w/ Edge card. I wonder cos i only wanted he edge card.

bread's done
Back