Contest Make A CAGcast Theme Song! Win $100 CASH! - Winner announced soon

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:28 AM

We are looking for a listener-created CAGcast theme song. The best song (as judged by CheapyD & Wombat) will win $100 cash. The winner will be announced on CAGcast 100, which should be around the end of November.

Simply PM with a link to your entry.

Tips: Song should be upbeat and preferably sound video-gamey, but that's just a suggestion.

#2 sgxyay

sgxyay

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:59 PM

Hi Cheapy!

Do you have recommendations for length? The main purpose for this theme song is for an intro, right?

#3 trabbahabba

trabbahabba

Neil Diamond is Cooler Than Us All

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:56 PM

PM sent. This was fun! I completely neglected work to do this!
Posted Image

#4 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:28 PM

damn trabb, you're fast
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#5 trabbahabba

trabbahabba

Neil Diamond is Cooler Than Us All

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:24 PM

damn trabb, you're fast

Man, I live for this stuff. Which means I don't have much of a life. I would have done this without the possibility of winning a contest.
Posted Image

#6 stonefry

stonefry

Not stoned or fried!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 11:15 PM

My microphone is broken .'/

#7 daft07

daft07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:27 AM

Hey CheapyD
I made a song for you already its not much at least listen to it you may like it and maybe Wombat. The only problem is i would prefer an email address to send this small mp3 file to you. i can send it to you by gmail or yahoo. I have not gotten skype account, but i'll get one soon after E for All event, if there is another alternative way to send files to you that would be cool. I'm busy studying for midterm exams but i would gladly send the music file by email.
thank you, bye

P.S. do you want video game sounds from real games or not. CheapyD if you do have another way to help me link this file then i would be glad.

#8 ch3zyp00fs

ch3zyp00fs

CAGcast Groupie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:37 PM

Hmmm... maybe I should do a simple guitar or maybe someone out there, maybe even you Cheapy using Jam Sessions, can make a song using the C-A-G chords.
Use the Swagbucks Google Search Engine and Win Prizes with me! Click the banner and lets get points and FREE SWAG!

Posted Image

#9 BigD63

BigD63

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:33 PM

you should get the guy who sings the angry video game nerd theme to sing the CAG theme:-({|=

#10 twen

twen

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:04 AM

I haven't listened in about a month :/

But There You Go needs to be done in theme song form! :> I'll attempt to think of how that'd work.
Posted Image

#11 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:58 AM

Don't get a theme song :( Stick with the sound clips and video game music, it's much more fun and interesting. Theme songs always end up sounding cheesy and annoying. :/

#12 mega_n00bzer

mega_n00bzer

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:41 AM

Don't get a theme song :( Stick with the sound clips and video game music, it's much more fun and interesting. Theme songs always end up sounding cheesy and annoying. :/

I actually PM'd cheapyD about this. bring back the clips!

#13 scrapple

scrapple

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:10 PM

ok, my theme song is complete... i created it using Fruity Loops... Here is a link

Ive never done a theme song before, so I just came up with some funky dance beat and added some robot sounds to it... it was hard not inserting "all your base, are belong.." in there at some point.... =)

#14 PEN-15

PEN-15

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:03 PM

I did the recently played theme song on the last CAGcast. Hopefully you guys liked it.

#15 Jigawat

Jigawat

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:52 AM

A Friend told me about this site and the podcast theme song request. I strummed up a catch with rock guitar and some logic drums for this. The hosting is soundclick with free MP3 download but PM me Mods for the full MP3 if a mod chooses the song for the podcast to select the song for the podcast (full quality mp3)

http://www.soundclic...m?bandID=170646

Clcik Cheap Ass Gamer OFFICIAL and Cheap gamer Variation for two different themed intros (note mario coin sounds on guitar at end of varation)

#16 sgxyay

sgxyay

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:17 AM

A Friend told me about this site and the podcast theme song request. I strummed up a catch with rock guitar and some logic drums for this. The hosting is soundclick with free MP3 download but PM me Mods for the full MP3 if a mod chooses the song for the podcast to select the song for the podcast (full quality mp3)

Clcik Cheap Ass Gamer OFFICIAL and Cheap gamer Variation for two different themed intros (note mario coin sounds on guitar at end of varation)

Those are pretty hot. Nice job. I was gonna make something, as I am a at least somewhat talented electronic music producer/maker dude, but yours probably fit much nicer with the vibe that is CAGcast.

#17 H-Town Info

H-Town Info

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:54 PM

sent one for the hell of it since i made a remix album on my computer/turntables
Posted Image

It never ends and there's always somebody out there with better shit than you, explain this to him while you put your foot in his ass. Violence is the only answer sometimes. Most of the time. All the time.

#18 skygunnerblue

skygunnerblue

Carlson & Peters!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2007 - 06:35 AM

I vote for the Mega Man Take a Lick Remix. Classic.

#19 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2007 - 06:40 AM

Both of those are great, but I think I like the variation one more.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#20 maxgle

maxgle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:26 PM

:( I have no talent in music, as much as I'd like to help, it's better off to have someone else do this. I do like the previous popcast intro song though.. Everything is cheap as shit, everything is cheap as shit... LMAO

#21 EtchColi

EtchColi

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:58 AM

Sent one in. It's something that a buddy and I had been working on but we kinda lost where we were going. We revitalized it for CAG.

#22 PEN-15

PEN-15

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:43 PM

:( I have no talent in music, as much as I'd like to help, it's better off to have someone else do this. I do like the previous popcast intro song though.. Everything is cheap as shit, everything is cheap as shit... LMAO

Thanks that was my song. It was based off of THIS song I originally did about fighting a boss. It happened to be a perfect fit so I wrote a new verse for it. I actually did a 2nd song too that you can find on the page, but its a remastered version that I never sent to him.

#23 Jigawat

Jigawat

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:32 AM

I did a final version of a video gamey themed intro its kinda bouncy upbeat let me know what u think

its entitled CheapAssGamer #3 final

#24 BuckFush187

BuckFush187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:15 AM

www.insurgencymusic.com

It's called the Cag Cast theme. And don't listen to this Jigawat guy, he sux. lol J/k Sup Jiga!?

#25 Jigawat

Jigawat

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:36 AM

Figured I'd get creative and do one more Its entitled CAGCast Themesong #4 and can be found at the soundclick

http://www.soundclic...6&content=music