Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom (PS3) 19.99

It's a good game if you play co-op with friends, and enjoy hack and slash games. It's a good buy for $20.

It's $20 on the EB/GS website, though has anyone checked in-store? Sometimes, price in-store isn't updated to match the website, or it takes a day or so to show up in-store at the website price.

I was going to post this deal. Just got back from my local gamestop and saw it used for 17.99. I had originally planned to pick this up at launch but decided against it after seeing the reviews. 20 dollars though may be hard to resist. Wonder if anyone still plays online?

I tried to like this game, its just not good. Its nothing like Baldurs Gate DA anymore, it plays more like a typical JPN hack and slash w/ fancy animation spin/jump attacks, unbearably boring. AMazingly it makes the PSP Brotherhood games seem good

Just bought it online along with Enchanted Arms. Also, don't forget to use code "SAVER" for free value shipping.

I had $100 in credit burning a hole in my pocket. $14.39 + tax used with Edge card and the 10% off coupon floating around.

[quote name='thebob101']I'm in for one, $20 is not bad for the game.[/quote]

I'm sorry to say, but for $20, that is bad for a this game. I rented it, and I have to say it was not even worth the rent. Online is horrible now since this was a PS3 first day release, i belive. Anyway, 20 bucks not good.

Yeah if you're into hack n slash games, its probably an ok buy at $20. If you're not, bad buy, bad bad buy!! Promise you won't do it again? Promise you won't do it again? That's a good puppy cag...

[quote name='MagusZ']I'm sorry to say, but for $20, that is bad for a this game. I rented it, and I have to say it was not even worth the rent. Online is horrible now since this was a PS3 first day release, i belive. Anyway, 20 bucks not good.[/QUOTE]

I agree, and I was a huge BGDA/ Champions of norrath fanboy

I dunno what happend but BOTS is a horrible series and the worst game is on the PS3, its amazing but even the bad PSP games are better than the PS3 one...its shockingly awful

Fallout Brotherhood of the Steel is even better

i played it & i thought it was horrilbe at $20 i still think its over priced,they should lower Resistance: Fall of Man to $20

I've wanted to try this game for cheap ever since the PS3 launch. I know it's supposed to be terrible but I really like these types of games and even if it is I think I'll get my $20 minus eventual trade-in out of it.

I went to two EBs last night and one had totally sold out that day, and the other only had two copies left, of which I took one. Played it a little bit last night, it doesn't seem too terrible, but I can already tell the combat moves are way too over-the-top and I wish the camera's elevation was totally under my control. As it is, you have two choices, too close, or too far away.

Still, It's not terrible yet.

Is this similar to something like Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows? I liked G:SS and for $20 I might just have to bite at this if this were like G:SS.

I actually got this at launch.

It's not so much worse than Lair, Genji and other games in the paltry PS3 library. :)

If you don't have it, then it's tempting at $20, but only if you are desperate for a new PS3 game. Otherwise, please stay far away from this. Enchanted Arms is a better buy at the same price.

I have a $60 BB gift card I want to spend. I'm hoping crappy Full Auto 2 falls to $20 soon. I need another junk game to beat for the PS3, until, some really well-made games are released on the market.

$18 for a "passable" "fair" hack n slash. Yeah, I'll get it...especially because I'm pissed that I missed out on the PSP FFT deal at Fry's. Ugh, I had it in my cart at the sale price then got called away from the computer. I should've told them to wait.

[quote name='crewj']in for one![/quote]

well, i tried to get one yesterday but the gs i went to only had 1 copy (one of those display case, this one plays just like new games). they tried to sell it to me and even started to argue that it is a new game, but i declined them. i said, "how do i know if it's used? if i sold you a copy of my game and said it plays like new, you'd tell me that it's a used game." after that i just left.:booty:

A lot of people are saying this is horrible. I thought it was a fun game, but I never tried it on single player. My wife and I played through it together and we had fun.

I wouldn't imagine these games are fun solo.

[quote name='cybersalad']This game is absolutely atrocious. They'd have to pay me to play it. Beware.[/quote]
I was a game tester for this one (Hardware QA for SOE), and let me tell you, being paid to play this pile of shit wasn't a walk in the park either.

rented it Co-op mode is OK but as much as I want some cheap PS3 action I would say for the same price ENCHANTED ARMS is the better of the 2 19.99 PS3 games (more depth and strategy)

[quote name='opportunity777']I actually got this at launch.

It's not so much worse than Lair, Genji and other games in the paltry PS3 library. :)

If you don't have it, then it's tempting at $20, but only if you are desperate for a new PS3 game. Otherwise, please stay far away from this. Enchanted Arms is a better buy at the same price.

I have a $60 BB gift card I want to spend. I'm hoping crappy Full Auto 2 falls to $20 soon. I need another junk game to beat for the PS3, until, some really well-made games are released on the market.[/QUOTE]
Trust me, Full Auto 2 is a even worse piece of trash than this. I owned it cause I got cheap on Ebay and after one sitting I had to get rid of it because it made me so mad at how trash it was.

I picked it up used at GS, something my wife and i can play together. too bad the crappy camera and ever present trees take away so much of the fun. now i want to hurry up and beat it so i can trade it in.

[quote name='cdeener']Trust me, Full Auto 2 is a even worse piece of trash than this. I owned it cause I got cheap on Ebay and after one sitting I had to get rid of it because it made me so mad at how trash it was.[/QUOTE]

It couldn't be much worse than the first one ... right??? :)

I have no doubt it sucks.

We need Twisted Metal Black 2.

^ wasnt there news on a new twisted metal like back in july casue i rember sombody posting a pic of sweettooth in a cloud of smoke or something like that

Arrrrgh. I forgot about Black Friday coming up. Yeah, this will be 9.99 somewhere this year. Oh well, it only cost 19.25 with the tax) vs a potential 10.70.
Plus, it will likely be CC that will have it on BF and they are horribly slow and never have what I want. Sometimes I wonder if I should even bother. I only do it for the excitement of getting a deal.

I would like to add my voice to those saying this game blows. Played this for a couple of hours via Gamefly and found the game to be boring and repetitive. I'd be willing to bet this game ends up being a black friday freebie w/ system purchase. My local GS has had a significant amount of used copies sitting around since the PS3 launched.

Anyone who is even thinking about this should get Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance PS2 if they haven't already. Same kind of game, but a phenomenally better overall package. Used = $12 @ GS or ~$14 w/ shippping @ Amazon marketplace.

I'll add that the PS2 version of BG: DA is the one to get. The XB version didn't look as nice (lacked some neat-o effects) and the GC had some nastly slowdown. The sequel was done by a different team and sucked. Look for Champions of Norrath & CoN: Call to Arms if you still need a hack & slash fix after BG: DA as they were done by the original team (Snowblind) and are decent games. Though the latest game by Snowblind, Justice League Heroes, is a bummer.

bread's done
Back