Choose the stories/topics to be covered in CAGcast #94

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='InuFaye']The game we have all been waiting for:
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/10/11/tim-schafers-brutal-legend-lands-on-game-informer-cover/[/QUOTE]
Ah yes, Brütal Legend (Trailer), the new adventure game from the mind of Tim Schafer (Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango) and his Double Fine Productions, developers of the critically acclaimed Psychonauts and the legendary recent release Epic Fighter.

Speaking of brutal, one of the interesting bits of information this week concerned the new Advance Wars DS game. The new game, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin will feature a much darker storyline and atmosphere than its predecessors, taking place in a post apocalyptic world (Think Hokuto no Ken or Mad Max) with enemy COs that sound pretty brutal. It will feature new units and full (Battle, Voice chat, Map exchange) online play.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/nintendo-ds/advance-wars-days-of-ruin-hands-on-impressions-310918.php

I'll expand this post if I can think of anything else.

Talk about Portal. Please tell me you've beaten Portal.

Also, what do you think of the Orange Box? (if you've played it) I want to hear what console gamers think of these great games.

[quote name='HooHaa']Why hasn't cheapy completed Halo 3 yet?[/quote]Last time I checked, shipwreck hasn't completed it either.

I would like to see CheapyD & Womabts reaction to the fact that Rock band will ship bundle only until next year.

Great Idea, Cheapy!

I'd like to hear a duet with Cheapy on Jam Sessions, Wombat on the acoustic. I'm thinking "Smells like Teen Spirit", or Seal's "Crazy". Ok, that's not what the masses may be asking for, by I think Jared T. would love it.

With the holiday season approaching, how about discussing what are the:
- 'must have'
- 'only with extra money', and
- 'wait for the price drop' games.

Edit: I made a list below

More portable game talk. Wombat are you using that PSP?!?

"Must have, Extra Money, and Price Drop tiltes":

-Call of Duty 4
-Eye of Judgement
-Castlevania: Dracula X
-Manhunt 2
-Tomb Raider Anniversery (360)
-Assassin's Creed
-Army of Two
-Mass Effect
-Kane and Lynch
-Geometry Wars Galaxies
-Ratchet and Clank: ToD
-Time Crisis 4
-Uncharted: Drake's
-Haze

I would think MArio Galaxies is a 'must have', right?

Also, your thoughts on holiday hardware sales; i.e. is the PS3 totally fucked?

[quote name='Z-Saber']Last time I checked, shipwreck hasn't completed it either.[/quote]

Very well, why haven't CheapyD and Shipwreck completed Halo 3?

[quote name='Z-Saber']Last time I checked, shipwreck hasn't completed it either.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... I completed it in co-op with the mrs. quite awhile ago. I'm guessing you were looking at my single player progress?

[quote name='shipwreck']Hmm... I completed it in co-op with the mrs. quite awhile ago. I'm guessing you were looking at my single player progress?[/quote]

yea, you already mentioned you finished it on the podcast. are you into the multi?

[quote name='LiK']yea, you already mentioned you finished it on the podcast. are you into the multi?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really enjoy the multiplayer. Wish I could find more time to play it than I have.

[quote name='shipwreck']Yeah, I really enjoy the multiplayer. Wish I could find more time to play it than I have.[/quote]

coolios, i'll send you an invite for some Team Slayer if i see you on. Wombat's custom games are nuts! ;)

[quote name='shipwreck']Hmm... I completed it in co-op with the mrs. quite awhile ago. I'm guessing you were looking at my single player progress?[/quote]
Ah shit.;)

Okay, why hasn't CheapyD completed Halo 3?

Happy now everybody? :D

[quote name='shipwreck']Hmm... I completed it in co-op with the mrs. quite awhile ago. I'm guessing you were looking at my single player progress?[/quote]I guess I was looking at your achievements for beating the different levels, which, last I checked (many days ago), indicated you hadn't beat it. Maybe it works different in coop? Although I've also heard people aren't getting the achievements sometimes.

The video marketplace is doing a fair amount of business for Xbox live. Whats up with sony? They have somthing called play tv in Europe, with it you can download and save tv shows, movies and other content. Why don't thier PR people let us know whats going on with the downladable content in the US.

Also What's up with socom confrontation for the ps3. Why is sony not giving us the scoop on this title. socom was a good title on the ps2, they should have more information for their fans, or do they care ?

Less Thorbahn.

More Book.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']
"Must have, Extra Money, and Price Drop tiltes":

-Call of Duty 4
-Eye of Judgement
-Castlevania: Dracula X
-Manhunt 2
-Tomb Raider Anniversery (360)
-Assassin's Creed
-Army of Two
-Mass Effect
-Kane and Lynch
-Geometry Wars Galaxies
-Ratchet and Clank: ToD
-Time Crisis 4
-Uncharted: Drake's
-Haze

I would think MArio Galaxies is a 'must have', right?
[/quote]

I'll agree with him on this. Curious to hear input on what you think is going to sell well in the next few months, and what out of this list isn't receiving the pre-release hype/publicity it should be.

kind of goes with the "what are the must-buy games" post above, but I would like to hear you guys talk about tips on how to survive this holiday gaming season, from games, to making sure you get enough playtime (stupid family...i keed, i keed), hype v. expecations, etc. Just kind of go through some things and how you are to approach the season.

Oh yeah, and totally random, does Russia have video games, are they Euro, or Asian games, I just noticed there are never any "lights" there on the Halo 3 multiplayer screen...

How about you guys put your heads together and do a fall preview/recommendations section, leading up to Xmas.

Edit - I hadn't listened to the Podcast when I made this. D'OH!

Looking forward to Wombat's picks.

Here's what I'd really like you guys to talk about.

Cheapy goes on and on every week about how important online play is, and I think he's 100% dead wrong.

I'd like to hear you guys talk about some good single player games.

Cheapy....for the love of god....give it a rest.

Listening to you whine and moan about Ratchet and Clank's lack of an online mode had me wanting to reach through the monitor and throttle you.

You're 34, so you must've played games for a good 15 years or so without onlne play.

Why is it suddenly so bloody important now?

A good single player game is a good single player game and if you can't see it for what it is, then you're missing out.

I'd rather have a game with a solid single player mode, than a game with a half assed single player and a half assed multi player.

Please, just give the moaning about online play a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back