• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#61 AlphakirA

AlphakirA

Cloud's Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:56 AM

Holy crap there's a lot of responses, but here's my shot:

I've been trying to get into the video game business for awhile now, but without the money for college and college itself under my belt, there's only so far I can go. I'd really love this opportunity as not only a potential connection to the industry, but also as an initial starting point. I'm miserable in the work I'm currently doing and am extremely passionate about the video game industry and all it has to offer.

So in short, take me on Wombat! Not to mention that if you needed to meet up for whatever reasons, I live in Ronkonkoma (Long Island) and work in Bethpage so we're not too far from each other. I have excellent English skills as well as a vast knowledge of video games. Most importantly, I love the CAGcast!!

#62 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:41 AM

Because he'd be a pile of gibs if he didn't have me watching over him in TF2.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#63 buzzcola

buzzcola

Extra layer of cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:51 AM

i love pizza and tacos.

#64 gofishn

gofishn

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:55 AM

In my line of work, precision and attention to detail are everything. I'm required to do a ton of research/reading/writing and I've actually been intrigued by the thought of being a game blogger as of late. I mainly deserve the "honor" because I can make the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs. Can't nobody top that!

#65 Cry Havoc

Cry Havoc

Breaker Breaker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:02 AM

I don't drink, so you won't have to worry about me stealing your booze.

I also give a kickass backrub.

#66 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2007 - 03:05 PM

I'd like to work with Wombat, cause it sounds like a blast, also I have plenty of experience writing and editing as an English major

Futhermore, I'm into Video Game Journalism, and currently write for two websites and I'll have some time on my hands.

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#67 RedSax

RedSax

Posted 19 October 2007 - 03:37 PM

I think working as Wombat's intern would be a great opportunity. I am a college sophomore who is majoring in journalism. I want to work in the video game industry when I graduate and I will work hard for Wombat, if for no other reason then to get my name noticed. Good luck to all!

#68 kyogensho

kyogensho

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:00 PM

I graduated from UC Berkeley with a major in Japanese,
my current job allows for a lot of free time at the computer,
and I live in the San Francisco bay area which is home to a
wide array of videogame developers.

I would gladly exist as a non-entity on Wombat's blog as
long as I could list the experience on my resume, and as a
final note I follow PC gaming and import gaming very closely
which I feel would compliment Wombat’s gaming preferences
very well.

#69 zoltan85

zoltan85

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:07 PM

I would be good for wombats intern because not only am i a dillegent employee, but i would send him plenty of gift cards to hooters that would lead to him pissing from his ass the next day.

#70 zi11ion

zi11ion

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:22 PM

Dear CAG Community,

If I were to be Wombat's intern, I promise to never be a suck-up or brown nose. In fact, I would go out of my way and give him a hard time, especially when he's in a bad mood.

I would hunt him down in Halo 3 and teabag him repeatedly, regardless if he was dead or alive, or what team he was on. I would just stand there, bumping and grinding on his polygonal incarnation. I would even teabag his coffee so that he may partake in my peculiar salty flavor with his breakfast. I don't care about the burns, it's worth the pain.

I also solemnly swear that I will do whatever it takes to embarass him in front of his employers in interesting and creative ways. Such as: show up at his job with a disheveled appearance, covered in lipstick prints along with mysterious and appaling stains. Upon my arrival I will announce that I am having Wombat's baby, and so are 2 other members of the office. After the announcement, I would blow a kiss to Wombat and then depart with an air of demented giddyness. As a note, I am a male, but that adds to the desired effect I believe.

I will also tell all of his friends that he has cooties, and is a doodie head, and I can provide photographic evidence of these claims.

I do not wish to divulge all of my plans, for Wombat must always be in fear of what might be coming. Such fear breeds excellent productivity in today's work environment. In this way, I shall assist Wombat. My logic is sound.

Looking for my pills,
zi11ion

p.s. If any of you think I wrote this because I dislike Wombat, you are wrong, you have no sense of humor, and need to have your eternal soul devoured by Telletubbies. They hunger.
Apathy leads to ruin.
Posted Image
Apparantly 10 Gamerpoints is all you get because this is a common Achievement...

#71 Capaneus

Capaneus

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:38 PM

I would like to be Wombat’s intern because I am competent, and I love CAG and videogames. To be honest with you, I think that's all that's required. Also, I think there needs to be some sort of CAG presence in the southeast. There are a lot of us ATL CAGs. However, I realize most of the people applying are more qualified than me, so I won’t get my hopes up.

sml_gallery_46393_8193_8746.png

#72 Shibooyah!

Shibooyah!

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:13 PM

^ I really do not think liking CAG or videogames is required at all. You are not the one being hired to write the articles, Wombat is. The most important thing the intern will need to do is go over Wombat's blogs and assist him in his writing.

[My entry is on page 3 if I remember correctly, this is just a comment.]

Japanese culture.

#73 zi11ion

zi11ion

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:23 PM

I found my pills, everyone!

So in other news:

I currently work at the local newspaper here in Winston-Salem, NC as a content manager for their website, ( http://www.journalnow.com ) updating and editing various portions of their website. So I believe that I have some experience in what Wombat may need.
Apathy leads to ruin.
Posted Image
Apparantly 10 Gamerpoints is all you get because this is a common Achievement...

#74 SecretPact

SecretPact

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:49 PM

Being your intern, Wombat, would be GREAT! I'm in college and have a lot of free time and I live in Los Angeles so I could go out and do stuff for you here so you don't have to spend money to fly out.

#75 GF_Eric

GF_Eric

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:51 PM

I am overqualified for this position.

Wombat could be my intern, though. I have some half & half that has been in the fridge for a while and I'm not too sure about its freshness.

#76 zi11ion

zi11ion

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:13 PM

Wombat could be my intern, though. I have some half & half that has been in the fridge for a while and I'm not too sure about its freshness.

Your awesome avatar justifies this lofty claim. You have gained my vote!
Apathy leads to ruin.
Posted Image

#77 bobthecat23

bobthecat23

Més que un Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:48 PM

because im from long island

Posted Image

#78 shoelace1976

shoelace1976

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:02 PM

Hello CheapyD and Wombat

I am currently finishing a masters degree in education and have lots of experience with interviewing, writing reports, and giving presentations to large groups of people.

I have to be honest, besides having a great passion for this hobby, I do not have any experience in the professional video game world. However, the reason I would be a good fit to be Wombat's intern is because I would take full advantage of the this great opportunity to learn about the journalistic side of the video game industry. Furthermore, I have been seriously thinking about a career change and what could be better than working in a field you are passionate about.

#79 jacobv

jacobv

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:15 PM

Don't pick me!

#80 ivanctorres

ivanctorres

Johan is gansta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2007 - 02:48 AM

LMAO:applause:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#81 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 20 October 2007 - 04:22 AM

You're bigtime Wombat , now who's smelling the milk ?

Good Luck .

card.pngl1.gif

#82 Leggo

Leggo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2007 - 05:35 AM

I'd make a good "intern" because if you needed spellcheck, you'd use the one built into the word processor. I'm a game industry trivia sponge that would be happy to be a well-informed sounding board for your articles and ideas, which is what I'd imagine is required of this pseudo-position.

#83 Sideshow

Sideshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2007 - 08:44 AM

!d l!k3 2 B W0mb4+$ !n+3rn cuz ! n0 @!! +3h k3w! !n+3rn3+ l!ng0
Posted Image

#84 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:12 AM

Anyone but thorbahn, he is crazy.

#85 John Beef

John Beef

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:51 PM

I would like to be Wombat's intern because a powerful man like Wombat needs his very own Edwin Jarvis, dig?

#86 yummytyson

yummytyson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2007 - 03:24 PM

I think I should be his intern because I am friendly! I also have a lot of free time and english is my strongest subject by far. =] and congrats on the new job wombat!
YES WE CAN !

#87 joserjerr

joserjerr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2007 - 04:01 PM

As Major Nelson has been declared the "Vagina Clown" as the voice of Microsoft, I think we should roll with that as Wombat would make a pretty good Grimace.

From Wikipedia:
Grimace (pronounced /ˈgɹɪməs/) is a character in the marketing campaign by the McDonald's restaurant chain. Large and purple with short arms and legs, he is known for his monotonous face and slow-witted demeanor. His most common expression is the word "duh".

I second that Thorbahn is crazy and is best suited for the lesser known McDonald's character, "The Hammmurderer" from The Onion.

http://www.theonion....tent/node/27899

#88 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:29 PM

I humbly submit my name to become Wombat's intern. I am qualified because I listen to every CAGCast, check the threads on a daily (if not hourly) basis, I'm smart, nice, and, gosh darn it, people like me.

#89 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2007 - 03:31 AM

I should be Wombat's intern because I live on Long Island and if I don't do well, he can come to my house and beat my ass.

11317.png

#90 twen

twen

Posted 21 October 2007 - 03:37 AM

I know I won't be chosen but I can be Wombat's Cheapy while you're not around Cheapy ;)

Posted Image
See, I even shaved my head again for the part.
Posted Image