Tomb Raider Anniversary X360 - $31.XX shipped @ Target.com

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Zingela

Zingela

Royal ... Santa Hat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:30 PM

WTF. Weren't they releasing this as a lame Xbox Live Arcade title or something?

Time to trade in the pitiful PS2 copy.

Yeah, they were apparently going to release it episodically. I think I remember hearing somewhere that you'd need a copy of Legend to play it anyway.

http://kotaku.com/ga...-out-312090.php

This way might end up being cheaper for those that own Legend, but I'd rather not wait and own a physical copy of it anyway.

As for graphics, as someone mentioned earlier, it'll likely look closer to the PC version of the game. It's not cutting-edge, but it's certainly pretty enough. Those of you that have GameTap should try it out there first.

sonicdreamcast.jpg

#32 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:07 AM

I went to BB and CC and they didnt have it. But i found it at walmart. hehe.

#33 Dustin Echoes

Dustin Echoes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:21 AM

I read that it is not.... low res + the frame rate isn't that great. I have not confirmed this tho, so I hope I am wrong.

I personally doubt that. The game is built on the Legend engine and that game on 360 was just peachy.
Master Chief: Did anyone else make it?

Cortana: Scanning...just Dustin Echoes...

#34 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:25 AM

Yeah, it looks just like Legend did. The whole "originally a PS2 title" idea doesn't even make sense, since it was originally released on the PC at the same time, and the PC version smokes all other versions, at least graphically (doesn't control as well, IMO).

#35 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:21 PM

It would with a gamepad (which IMO would be the way to play this game).

It's available on Gametap-came out the same time as the retail release. Although I loved Legend so much that I'll probably want to own this game too.

I should have preordered it from Amazon when it was $10 off. Guess I'll just wait.

#36 awp

awp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2007 - 02:04 PM

I should have preordered it from Amazon when it was $10 off. Guess I'll just wait.

If you have a GameCrazy near you, you can still get it for $10 off. That's where I got mine -- $29.99.

And I'd have to say that the graphics aren't quite as good as Legend. Still decent but far from being the best that 360 can do. That said, it's a great game and highly recommended, especially at the low price point.

#37 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:17 PM

For those on the fence, this game is excellent. If the 360 visuals are similar to what's on the PC, then it's a very pretty game. Not mind-blowingly gorgeous, but definitely more than passable.

the Gamespot review said it looks just as good as the PC version but it had minor framerate issues.

great price for a 360 game even tho it's a PS2 port. btw, Amazon has it for $39.99 again...
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09