Photo
- - - - -

24 TV Series/Movie Discussion: Season 8 DVD/BluRay out 12/7/10 | 24 Movie COMING SOON

• Please log in to reply
769 replies to this topic

#751 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:16 PM

Is anybody else a little disappointed that Aaron didn't show up this season?

#752 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:02 PM

Is anybody else a little disappointed that Aaron didn't show up this season?

Yes. But I'll go on record here and say he will definitely be in the movie.

#753 Pavel6969

Pavel6969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

I am somewhat disappointed in the finale, moreso because I thought that they had to kill Jack off. And there was way to much focus on President Taylor, who I have never liked.

The movie should be interesting, since they can go for a R rating if they want and can do more than they could on tv.

#754 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

I'd be shocked if they went for an R over a PG-13 though. Whole point is so make $$$ and going with R cuts down the audience a good bit. So they'll probably keep language and violence on par with the TV series for the most part and go for the PG 13.

Would love to be wrong about that, but with movies like the last Die Hard going that route to get bigger box offices, I'd be surprised if 24 with it's TV roots didn't do the same.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#755 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:23 PM

i can't believe it's over.

one of my favorite moments of the series.. when Jack dropped the F bomb on.. what was her name, Driscoll? i think it's in the season 4 extras.. he says "let me do my fuckin job"..

NO JACK! YOU CANNOT LEAVE US! :(

#756 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:22 PM

Spoiler

I was late to getting into 24 I had heard great things but it conflicted with my work schedule and I didn't have a DVR. Best Buy had a sale about four years ago and I bought Season one for 20 bucks. It sat unopened for about a year then during Summer reruns I decided it was a perfect time to start the show (also my sister was watching the first season and said it was awesome). Pretty much from the first episode I liked it but I was not truly hooked until about four or five episodes into the first season. I knew I was hooked when I was watching three or four episodes a night. During this time Best Buy had another sale and I bought 2-5 for twenty dollars each. After Season one I started on two and didn't stop until Season 4 (because the fall season of shows started). I eventually caught up to the first airings of the show at the end of Season 6 and Season 7 was the first one I watched one episode at a time.

One of the best TV shows of all time I can't wait for the movie.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#757 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:39 PM

Will the movie be out by 2011? Any details been announced?
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#758 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:25 PM

Will the movie be out by 2011? Any details been announced?

They said 2011 at the earliest. A first draft of the script has been written, but nothing else has been done. The story is suppose to take place
Spoiler

#759 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:44 AM

Please don't compare the last season of 24 to the last season of The Shield..... there is just no comparison quality wise. While I thought the finale of 24 was fine the last episode of The Shield is one of the best series finale's I have ever seen, seriously a masterpiece. 24 was good but c'mon let's not get all crazy.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#760 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:15 PM

It took me a little to try and figure out my thoughts on the finale and the best way to sum it up was, it was good...not what I expected, would have liked it to go a diff way, but Ill take it and be happy with it.

http://www.cheapassg...trade-gone-bad/

Heroes.jpg
I dont trade out of the US anymore!!!!!!!

#761 Jabrim

Jabrim

Inside a county jail

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:31 AM

Did anyone watch "The Road" that came out yesterday on dvd that has actually read the book, what were your thoughts, I was really disappointed myself.

- Jason

Sorry didn't notice the "24" remark, thought it was a general tv/movie discussion thread.

Edited by Jabrim, 27 May 2010 - 12:38 AM.
Mistake:

#762 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:34 AM

Why post that here?

Anyway, I read The Road a while back and didn't like the book much. I have the blu ray on my Netflix que--but it's on very long wait and I have a few things ahead of it so it will be a bit before I get to it.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#763 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:06 PM

Heh, seems Cherry Jones thought the season sucked too--she withdrew herself from an Emmy nomination.

The star told EW.com, "By the end of the season, these guys (producers) are just this side of brain dead. They have been trying so hard. They don't have an arc. Most TV shows would have an arc and they would figure out how to nudge everybody in the direction they wanted to go... (The producers) try to follow things they think will be the most shocking."

http://tv.msn.com/tv...04391&gt1=28103

#764 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:11 PM

^ This season certainly didn't suck, it was not on the level of shit-piles Seasons 5 and 6.

it was solid. nothing amazing.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#765 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:18 PM

You really thought season 5 was that bad? Wasn't that the season that won the emmy for best drama and best actor for Sutherland?

It wasn't my favorite season, but I thought it was solid. Season 6 was god awful though.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#766 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:20 PM

Season 5 just ended REALLY badly.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#767 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:21 PM

i thought 5 and 6 were bad. I thought Redemption brought the show back to a respectable level..

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#768 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:25 PM

Googled it, here's were season 5's emmy nominations and wins.

Emmy nominations

Season Five of 24 was nominated for twelve Emmy Awards, becoming the most nominated series. The nominations were:

* Outstanding Drama Series - WON
* Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series (Kiefer Sutherland) - WON
* Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (Gregory Itzin)
* Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series (Jean Smart)
* Outstanding Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series ("9:00 PM – 10:00 PM")
* Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series (Jon Cassar, "7:00 AM – 8:00 AM")[8][9] - WON
* Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series ("7:00 AM – 8:00 AM")[8]
* Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series ("9:00 AM – 10:00 AM") - WON
* Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Dramatic Underscore) ("6:00 AM – 7:00 AM") - WON
* Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series ("9:00 PM – 10:00 PM")
* Outstanding Single-Camera Sound Mixing for a Series ("7:00 AM – 8:00 AM")[8]
* Outstanding Stunt Coordination ("9:00 AM – 10:00 AM")

Like I said, not my favorite season, but I though it was good and it was real received. So it just struck me to see it compared to the universally panned season 6.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#769 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:56 AM

Looks like the movie is on track for next year! Keifer apparently gave an interview on The View where he said as much.

Link to story

#770 BillyBob29

BillyBob29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:27 PM

This would be like the 20th time Sutherland or a Fox rep has said the movie was going forward. Scripts keep getting rejected, budgets keep getting rejected.

I'll believe the movie is coming when I see an actual trailer and confirmed release date.