Choose the stories/topics to be covered in CAGcast #95

One that I think would be interesting would be the GH3 demo that surfaced today. You can burn it on a blank DVD and it pops up on your demo menu on an unmodded console. I want to hear thoughts on this, and also: Was the GH3 demo meant to be this way? Or was it not? And if it wasn't, someone made an image of a demo and had it successfully run on unmodded 360s. Now.. was it meant to be this way, or did someone discover an exploit to run downloaded demos on the 360? That's a huge security concern to me. I know modding discussion is a big no-no here, but that's a pretty huge issue.

Also, do you think the 40gb PS3 will actually make a difference, even without BC?

The rumours that have been bombarding the forums about HD-DVD enabled Xbox models coming relatively soon (2008/9).

Is videogaming today, as a whole, a childish affair?

I accidentally put this in the section for CagCast 94

Here's what I'd really like you guys to talk about.

Cheapy goes on and on every week about how important online play is, and I think he's 100% dead wrong.

I'd like to hear you guys talk about some good single player games.

Cheapy....for the love of god....give it a rest.

Listening to you whine and moan about Ratchet and Clank's lack of an online mode had me wanting to reach through the monitor and throttle you.

You're 34, so you must've played games for a good 15 years or so without onlne play.

Why is it suddenly so bloody important now?

A good single player game is a good single player game and if you can't see it for what it is, then you're missing out.

I'd rather have a game with a solid single player mode, than a game with a half assed single player and a half assed multi player.

Please, just give the moaning about online play a rest.

A discussion of Everyday Shooter and the future of Indie Games. As games are becoming increasinly formulaic (as Wombat calls MOTS), there seems to be an increasing need for small, creative, deviritive games.

Also, why are games so focused on reality? Accurate physics models can be fun, but where's the creativity. Current consoles can take us to imaginary places like Katamarai Damacy or even Portal, but few do. Most games try so hard to mimic real world settings. Will this ever change?

dear cheapyd and wombat,

my b day is in December and I really want a xbox 360 so I was wondering what games and accessories you guys thing I should get or need being new to the xbox 360. thanks I love the show and wombat is the shit ,i am a huge wombat fan , he is the little inner nerd inside us all. Also cheapyd is the funny guy we all wished we could be also congratulations on the baby glad to see mother and son are doing fine

your fan,
cheatassskater

Each of your top 5 titles for the rest of the year.

Can Ratchet/40GB be the turning point for PS3? Berieve? (Personally it's strange to think that we're breathing a sigh of relief on price now that a bare bones unit has hit the competition's original price)

Obviously, baby talk.

Cheapy, please talk about Tai, and maybe some other names you and your wife were considering for him. Also, talk about those rad new urban camouflage sets that are all the rage in Japan now. You could probably disguise yourself as a building, Cheapy.

If either one of you bought Phoenix Wright 3, give some impressions.

Ditto for Zack and Wiki. If either one of you didn't buy it, well, WELL, I don't know what to say. Anyway, you should talk about the seemingly universal support it seems to be getting online with things like the buy Zack and Wiki campaign, and other underappreciated games that you would like to see get a similar treatment and why. The games can be out already or coming up in the future.

Well, looking forward to the next podcast.

Talk about whether: Orange Box, Unreal 3, CoD4, Bioshock and a shitload of other shooters start to make Halo 3 look like a second tier game. Also, Major Nelson is a vagina clown.

bread's done
Back