Ghost Squad (Wii) pre-order for $30 at Gamestop and Amazon

D. Monic

CAGiversary!
Update: Amazon dropped the price to $30 as well (thanks IvanHood):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000RF7164/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

-----Original Post----

Gamestop just dropped the pre-order price for Ghost Squad (Wii) to $30 (previously $50). It could be a universal drop, but most sites sill list it for $50 (Amazon once listed it at $40 but since raised it to $50).

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=230176

Sounds like a good game if you enjoy lightgun shooters. Check out Kotaku's hand's on impressions of the game (summary: it's fun!).

http://kotaku.com/gaming/sega/ghost-squad-hands-on-impressions-312624.php

Wow. It would be hella smart if they actually released it at that price, but as is, I kinda think it's an error. Question is if I want to spend $30 on that now with the rest of the releases next month.

what if u pre-order the game & pay off at the same time. Possible they give it to u for $30 plus taxes. Instead charge more when the price fly up $50 again ??

[quote name='cleaver']I bet it's MSRP, Gamestop is usually on point with these prices.[/QUOTE]

aren't they usually $5 or $10 over MSRP?

if this is based on a price drop, i wouldn't be surprised to see this at $25 everywhere else.

[quote name='DocRamon']aren't they usually $5 or $10 over MSRP?

if this is based on a price drop, i wouldn't be surprised to see this at $25 everywhere else.[/quote]Nah, they just apply a $5 surcharge to a lot of DS games.

if the price changes, you still pay it. I pre-ordered halo 3 legendary way back when it was 99.99 (Wasnt such a ripoff then). But then I had to pay 129.99 or whatever when it released. Gamestop sucks

That $5 extra charge is for anything thats low enough that they think they can get away with it. Mostly DS for sure, but also some budget games in general, like Art of Fighting Anthology, Fatal Fury, and most recently, Link's Crossbow Training.

Looks like Amazon just dropped it to $29.99, too. Thanks for the heads up, OP--looking forward to this one, especially at such a good price.

Link.

[quote name='IvanHood']Looks like Amazon just dropped it to $29.99, too. Thanks for the heads up, OP--looking forward to this one, especially at such a good price.

Link.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Updated the OP.

It's starting to look like $30 is MSRP (we'll see what happens at other stores). It comes out the same week as the Zapper bundle, so getting the Zapper bundle and Ghost Squad for $50 total is an attractive combo.

I was thinking Medal of Honor Heroes 2 would be enough light gun for me since it has that mode but with this....

I might just have to pick this up as well. But Mario Galaxy, Battalion Wars 2, Soul Calibur Legends, Crysis, Mass Effect, Tomb Raider Annivery Wii edition, Hellgate London, possibly Resident Evil UC, Trauma Center 2...

Then theres the games I'm still working on like Blue Dragon, Orange Box, and Metroid Prime 3. I might need to call in sick a lot more often for work.

Definitely something I am interested in. When you get the Wii Zapper/Link's Crossbow Training bundled with Ghost Squad for 50 bucks? That's hard to pass up. Real hard.

There's supposed to be a lot of alternate endings and routes you can go to add a lot of replay to the game. I liked House of the Dead 2 on my Dreamcast and this looks to be much better then that so i'm definetly in.

I played the arcade, and there weren't a lot of alternate routes, nor were there really awesome HotD style bosses. But they did have probably at least a dozen different weapons you could use, selectable difficulty levels for each of the game's three chapters, and lots of different costumes for your doods.

here's hoping that if a quality port like this is going to be $30 I hope most 3rd parties follow suit. I really don't see myself paying more than $30 for both this game and Okami especially if I can purchase one cheaper on the PS2(okami). Since this is similar to RE:UC I'm hoping Capcom releases that title for $40 also!!!

BTW I'm in on this game day one since the price seems fair. Too bad we don't have anymore of those $5 off Wii software coupons at bestbuy!!!

What's up with the terrorists wearing bikinis? I don't remember that in the arcade version. Then again, I never did make it very far, but still. Are we supposed to invade Amazon or something?

bread's done
Back