RE4 no longer exclusive to GCN

the world has come to an end!!

quoted from zero_reborn at that board....

""Resident Evil 4 now on PS2! Now with Jaggies and lower textures!"

lmao

Is this real? Kinda strange that Capcom would refer to Resident Evil 4 as one of their "million seller titles" when it hasn't even come out. Doesn't seem quite right.

[quote name='punqsux']cant say that i care, because i have both cube and ps2, but thats pretty cool for people who are cubeless[/quote]

I would have rather seen a port to the Xbox. As much as I like my PS2, there is no way it can handle the graphics that RE 4 has shown

Wow this to me is partially a huge shocker. I was expecting it to be exclusive to the cube. I'm not so shocked because slowly Capcom has been bringing back there games to PS2 (i.e. Viewtiful Joe).

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='punqsux']cant say that i care, because i have both cube and ps2, but thats pretty cool for people who are cubeless[/quote]

I would have rather seen a port to the Xbox. As much as I like my PS2, there is no way it can handle the graphics that RE 4 has shown[/quote]

exactly!!!! if your gonna make it multi=platform do it right....bring it to xbox!!

what pisses me off is after years of saying that they will stick with nintendo etc and that "resident evil 4 will be exclusive to gamecube"

then they do this shit like always....fuck!!

for the people who will spout off without readin: GC still coming out early nexy year, PS2 ver. wont be until end of year. Its at least a time exclusice, which worked for Splinter Cell at least

[quote name='guyver2077']what pisses me off is after years of saying that they will stick with nintendo etc and that "resident evil 4 will be exclusive to gamecube"

then they do this shit like always....shaq-fu!![/quote]

as disappionted as I am, at least it is not coming out for a long time. By them I will be done killing zombies with the chainsaw controller

EGM is known for making stuff up, Has there been any offical word from Capcom on this?

It seems kind of strange for Capcom to be doing this, I mean you would think they would port RE0 first to the PS2 or even port over the remastered version of RE1 for the PS2. and on the last trailer Capcom released for RE4 it had a big "Only For GameCube" on it.
The downgrade that RE4 will have to go threw also makes this seems pretty fishy.

Until Capcom says something I'm not beliveing it.

damn capcom and their anti-xbox love...but still i pray this will remain exclusive...or atleast exclusive for some time...shit i have to wait like a year for san andreas to come out for x or pc ( i refuse to play it on ps2..its just painful) so they can wait as well

The Xbox is much more suited for ports of the GameCube RE games then the PS2, there would be so much of a downgrade that the games would look pretty shitty on the PS2.

[quote name='guyver2077']damn capcom and their anti-xbox love...but still i pray this will remain exclusive...or atleast exclusive for some time...shit i have to wait like a year for san andreas to come out for x or pc ( i refuse to play it on ps2..its just painful) so they can wait as well[/quote]

you guys got Steel Battalion and you get all the CAPCOM fighters with online play. Can't see how they are not showing you the love

Actually after reading the fake press release again, I am almost positive it's fake. There are so many typos and grammatical mistakes that no company would ever allow in a press release.

[quote name='CapAmerica']EGM is known for making stuff up, Has there been any offical word from Capcom on this?

It seems kind of strange for Capcom to be doing this, I mean you would think they would port RE0 first to the PS2 or even port over the remastered version of RE1 for the PS2. and on the last trailer Capcom released for RE4 it had a big "Only For GameCube" on it.
The downgrade that RE4 will have to go threw also makes this seems pretty fishy.

Until Capcom says something I'm not beliveing it.[/quote]

Hmm.. after two seconds I realize that this is written by a Japanese man with English has his second language.

Three seconds later I find my self on capcom.co.jp to see it as a headline.

Confirmed.

I guess since it's on Capcom's site it is official. They are probably realizing what a mistake it was to put all of the RE games as exclusives on GCN when it was PSX that got the series popular.

[quote name='basketkase543']Is this real? Kinda strange that Capcom would refer to Resident Evil 4 as one of their "million seller titles" when it hasn't even come out. Doesn't seem quite right.[/quote]

They're not saying "Resident Evil 4" is a million seller titles - but that the "Resident Evil Series" is a million seller.

You're looking at it wrong.

Capcom can really go f' themselves.

It's ridiculous how companies treat the GameCube, and then they wonder why sales are low.

damn guess its true...jesus

dammit..it just gets me mad that they fought the temptation so long and now they decide to do this after denying it for so long!!!!

More proof that Nintendo ain't the kind of player it used to be. It's sad that they can't even hold on to their franchises anymore. If Gamecube games sold better, 3rd party publishers wouldn't have to port games to cover losses.

[quote name='jputahraptor']More proof that Nintendo ain't the kind of player it used to be. It's sad that they can't even hold on to their franchises anymore. If Gamecube games sold better, 3rd party publishers wouldn't have to port games to cover losses.[/quote]

If third party games were of higher quality, they might sell better.

If more franchises weren't ported over to different systems or released on different systems in the first place, then Nintendo sales would be better.

Man RE4 is going to look so shitty on the PS2.

I'm getting pretty sick of GameCube Only series move over to the PS2. And the GameCube getting nothing in return.

Okay they give them RE4, how about tossing the GameCube Devil May Cry or any one of their PS2 only series. They take the time to downgrade Huge Hit GameCube titles to the PS2 why not port over some Huge Hit PS2 games to the GameCube and Xbox.

Stupid Capcom.
I hope RE4 BOMBS big time on the PS2.

[quote name='jputahraptor']More proof that Nintendo ain't the kind of player it used to be. It's sad that they can't even hold on to their franchises anymore. If Gamecube games sold better, 3rd party publishers wouldn't have to port games to cover losses.[/quote]

if they spent some money on marketing, they would be in a much better position than they are. You rarely see an ad for a Nintendo game, and 99 pecent of the time it is an EA game.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='jputahraptor']More proof that Nintendo ain't the kind of player it used to be. It's sad that they can't even hold on to their franchises anymore. If Gamecube games sold better, 3rd party publishers wouldn't have to port games to cover losses.[/quote]

if they spent some money on marketing, they would be in a much better position than they are. You rarely see an ad for a Nintendo game, and 99 pecent of the time it is an EA game.[/quote]

I've seen a lot of Paper Mario ads lately.

It's already been labeled a million-seller when it isn't even out yet in Japan.

I doubt this is true. The RE games were confirmed to be exclusive to the GC for 0, REmake, and 4. The PS2 obviously can't handle the quality of graphics demanded, indicated by RE: Outbreak with it's medicore graphics and insanely long load times.

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='jputahraptor']More proof that Nintendo ain't the kind of player it used to be. It's sad that they can't even hold on to their franchises anymore. If Gamecube games sold better, 3rd party publishers wouldn't have to port games to cover losses.[/quote]

if they spent some money on marketing, they would be in a much better position than they are. You rarely see an ad for a Nintendo game, and 99 pecent of the time it is an EA game.[/quote]

I've seen a lot of Paper Mario ads lately.[/quote]

only seen it once

Think of what should have been done for RE, RE 0, MGS, ED, and MP with a good amount of marketing

[quote name='CapAmerica']Man RE4 is going to look so shitty on the PS2.

I'm getting pretty sick of GameCube Only series move over to the PS2. And the GameCube getting nothing in return.

Okay they give them RE4, how about tossing the GameCube Devil May Cry or any one of their PS2 only series. They take the time to downgrade Huge Hit GameCube titles to the PS2 why not port over some Huge Hit PS2 games to the GameCube and Xbox.

Stupid Capcom.
I hope RE4 BOMBS big time on the PS2.[/quote]

I never understood why they don't consider porting over older PS2 games like DMC or Onimusha to the GC. Its pretty much run its course on the PS2 and I'm sure it will sell moderately well on the GC. Would the cost of porting it over not be worth the potential sales?

[quote name='joe50000']It's already been labeled a million-seller when it isn't even out yet in Japan.

I doubt this is true. The RE games were confirmed to be exclusive to the GC for 0, REmake, and 4. The PS2 obviously can't handle the quality of graphics demanded, indicated by RE: Outbreak with it's medicore graphics and insanely long load times.[/quote]

Feel free to read my (or other people's) posts in the thread before you make yours.

You might learn something.

The way I look at it if a game is released across all 3 consoles gamecube is the least likely to sell. They don't support online so the more and more games that use this feature don't and can't share that with Nintendo. Xbox has the better graphics and PS2 has a good share of the market and regardless of graphics have the advantage of more of their systems in homes.

Sure Nintendo has quality but since they take it slow they can't sell more Mario games or any of their hardcore oldschool franchises because they simply aren't making enough each console.

If you really stop and think about it, Xbox has graphics and the best online features, PS2 has the library, online, and big franchises and what does Nintendo have, from a feature perspective that would look good to third party developers.

Im not bashing Nintendo just trying to prove why this is happening to Nintendo.

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='basketkase543']Is this real? Kinda strange that Capcom would refer to Resident Evil 4 as one of their "million seller titles" when it hasn't even come out. Doesn't seem quite right.[/quote]

They're not saying "Resident Evil 4" is a million seller titles - but that the "Resident Evil Series" is a million seller.

You're looking at it wrong.[/quote]

You are looking at it wrong. Here is the quote, "Capcom Co, Ltd. (CAPCOM) is pleased to announce that 'Resident Evil 4', which is one of our million seller titles, will be released for Gamecube and Playstation 2".

It clearly says that Resident Evil 4 is a million seller title.

[quote name='basketkase543'][quote name='Sartori'][quote name='basketkase543']Is this real? Kinda strange that Capcom would refer to Resident Evil 4 as one of their "million seller titles" when it hasn't even come out. Doesn't seem quite right.[/quote]

You are looking at it wrong. Here is the quote, "Capcom Co, Ltd. (CAPCOM) is pleased to announce that 'Resident Evil 4', which is one of our million seller titles, will be released for Gamecube and Playstation 2".

It clearly says that Resident Evil 4 is a million seller title.[/quote]

Read it again. Also understand that the creator of this release is utilizing English as a second language.

I think it's pretty clear, the intentions that is..

Both capcom and Nint where hoping RE would be a system seller, it didnt turn out to be that way because too many PS2 owners felt the GC was below them to buy it as their second system and people who bought the XB were unconvinced it could produce better graphics.

In the end the PS2 wins this game based on it's sales numbers. More installed systems means more possible sales. They probably could have sold a few million to people here with XBs probably as many as they will on PS2 (should this prove true) but in japan it's still not as respected a system so PS2 gets it back. Also while I felt the lighting effects in RE0 and Remake were probably beyond the PS2's ability I didn't really experience anything in the RE4 demo that cant be done on it. Yeah a few textures will probably drop in quality and the load times might be longer and graphics whores will complain about "jaggies" but in the end it'd still be the more econimical system choice for conversion. And maybe later XB might get a couple of games when Capcom has the time and some extra cash to put into the ports.

But as I said this is all dependant on whether ot not this is even a true possibility.

I am a big Nintendo fan. If anyone deserves to be #1 in video game sales, it is them. They produce high-quality systems and games, and yet they have almost no third-party support, and those they do have (Capcom) move Nintendo's exclusives. This is a shame, because they are getting screwed.

I agree Alpha2, good points. And yeah they'll bitch about every jagged edge God forbid. And somehow i can remember enjoying mario brothers back in 87 with brick looking trees, brick looking turtles, and brick looks clouds and still have a great time.

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='basketkase543'][quote name='Sartori'][quote name='basketkase543']Is this real? Kinda strange that Capcom would refer to Resident Evil 4 as one of their "million seller titles" when it hasn't even come out. Doesn't seem quite right.[/quote]

It clearly says that Resident Evil 4 is a million seller title.[/quote]

Read it again. Also understand that the creator of this release is utilizing English as a second language.

The point being made is very clear here. ESPECIALLY if you read the.. oh.. REST of the press release.[/quote]

Funny how I am supposed to read the rest of the press release when i just QUOTED something that proved you wrong. Why bother reading the rest if the first sentence proved my point. Relax man.

bread's done
Back