DX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Just received a game 3 pack at Wal Mart tonight. Included:

Cars
Open Season
Fuzion Frenzy 2

All 3 for $29.82. Part of the proceeds from the 3 pack go towards a childrens activity fund and all 3 games come in their own case.

Decent deal if you have youngsters running around.

EDIt: OOPS! Fixed a typo. Thanks Jedi!

[quote name='DX']Just received a game 3 pack at Wal Mart tonight. Included:

Cars
Open Season
Fuzion Frenzy 3

All 3 for $29.82. Part of the proceeds from the 3 pack go towards a childrens activity fund and all 3 games come in their own case.

Decent deal if you have youngsters running around.[/quote]

great deal considering fusion frenzy 3 didnt come out yet;) ...Open Season is a fun game

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Firstly, it's Fuzion Frenzy 2. Secondly all those games are crap.[/quote]

Cars and Open Season arent too bad...especially for kids...fusion frenzy 2 is pretty bad but easy achievement points if you can sit through it

[quote name='Jedi1979']Cars and Open Season arent too bad...especially for kids...fusion frenzy 2 is pretty bad but easy achievement points if you can sit through it[/QUOTE]

Just because kids have lower standards doesn't you mean they should be playing bad games. They make think that some bad games are good, but they should think that good or great games are great or excellent. And I'm not going to play a bad game just to get achievements and I'm definitely not going to buy a bad game just to get achievements.

Not a bad deal if, as the OP pointed, kids are around your 360 this Christmas.

Or, its at least an easy 2000 points if Microsoft decides to host another achievement score contest.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Just because kids have lower standards doesn't you mean they should be playing bad games. They make think that some bad games are good, but they should think that good or great games are great or excellent. And I'm not going to play a bad game just to get achievements and I'm definitely not going to buy a bad game just to get achievements.[/quote]

but those 2 games are not as bad as you make it out to be...i actually enjoyed going through Open Season and not just for achivements...Cars i havent played to much so i cant really say for sure, but what i did play wasnt horrible, i did find the controls a little weird though

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Firstly, it's Fuzion Frenzy 2. Secondly all those games are crap.[/quote]

Probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

I agree, great deal if you have some younger kids.

I got Open Season to play with 3 1/2 year old son its good times. We are slowly going though the game and then when he is gone or what ever I re-play the levels for nerd points.

I'll get this for when my little cousin comes over. He's 7 and Halo 3, Gears of War, and Bioshock arent exactly kid-friendly...

I liked the little that I played of cars...

might grab this for my sons bday. thanks =)

he really wants the transformers game but im hesitant to drop $30-40 on it.

To most of us (me included), these games ain't worth a lick. However, it goes to a good cause in addition to... an easy raise in gamerscore?

Kids will love this, though. Get this and the 360 bundle with Marvel: UA and Forza 2 and some kids will be very happy this Christmas.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Just because kids have lower standards doesn't you mean they should be playing bad games. They make think that some bad games are good, but they should think that good or great games are great or excellent. And I'm not going to play a bad game just to get achievements and I'm definitely not going to buy a bad game just to get achievements.[/QUOTE]

Problem is, the only one of the three that's truly bad (Fuzion Frenzy 2) is the only one that's not aimed at kids.

Is this a regional thing? I haven't seen it at retail....yet.

I have two young ones, and newphews that would love these.

What are the trade-in values for these at EB/GS? I already played through Cars, but I wouldn't mind trying the other two, especially if I can turn a small profit.

i agree ff2 is garbage, i won it with forza 2 from the tropicana thing, but cars doesn't look that bad, i'm a huge CG movie nerd and it could be fun if its a racer, plus platformers are cool, so open season couldn't be terrible, may get this after work tonight.

[quote name='kaptinmorgan']i agree ff2 is garbage, i won it with forza 2 from the tropicana thing, but cars doesn't look that bad, i'm a huge CG movie nerd and it could be fun if its a racer, plus platformers are cool, so open season couldn't be terrible, may get this after work tonight.[/QUOTE]
It's a racer. You drive around Radiator Springs to get races, a lot like getting missions in GTA, but the gameplay is a pure racer. And a pretty good one, too.

Saw it today. The three games are stacked on top of one another, rather than next to each other (like other Wal-Mart 3-packs).

I did a little research and found it. It's called the ESA holiday bundle and most retailers that sell games will probably carry it. I picked one up at Gamestop yesterday and it is listed on the GS/EB website for $29.99. I agree they are far from A list games but for $10 each, and for young kids to play, it's a pretty good deal.

That's a pretty good deal. Open Season and Cars are pretty good, as far as kids games go. Fuzion Frenzy 2 will give the kids nightmares though!

[quote name='xbob']I did a little research and found it. It's called the ESA holiday bundle and most retailers that sell games will probably carry it. I picked one up at Gamestop yesterday and it is listed on the GS/EB website for $29.99. I agree they are far from A list games but for $10 each, and for young kids to play, it's a pretty good deal.[/QUOTE]
28.99 (18.99 with GCO) and free shipping at Buy.com FTW.

Cars is supposed to be pretty good, and Open Season, not bad.
Plus, "a portion of proceeds" is supposed to go to kids charity/ies, so that's a good thing.
I'll probably pick it up, my boy will like Cars and Open Season, and FF2 would be considered free.
I saw it at Best Buy yesterday, street date is technically 10/30 I think.

I got this at my GameStop today, and traded in Open Season & Cars right away and got $22 in trade...so it's a cheap buy for FF2

Wow this pack is a epic fail for anal collectors like myself:

Cars is Family Hits (Platinum)
Fuzion Frenzy 2 has big Not For Resale shit on the package. (The disc is good tho, so all I gotta do is get a replacement cover; which is pretty easy for me to do. :))
(Open Season, I see nothing wrong with it)

I'm going to rebuy/return Cars tomorrow at either Best Buy or Walmart, so I can swap the PH copy for a regular.

Damn. Thats a sweet deal. Ive already got all 1000/1000 on Fuzion Frenzy 2,and 750/1000 on CArs though, but Ive been looking to rent or buy Open Season if it was reasonably priced. $10 is pretty reasonable. lol

And with the $10 extra trade in deal for 2 360 games at EB, I could trade Cars and Fuzion Frenzy 2 back in for $20-$25.

Not bad at all. I just need to get $25 somehow.

Will all 3 trade to EB towards the extra $10 for 2 games? Are there any exclusions with any of these 3 games?

$60 out of pocket for 6 games
+$30 extra credit
+10% edge
+whatever these games trade for

[quote name='cag1000']Will all 3 trade to EB towards the extra $10 for 2 games? Are there any exclusions with any of these 3 games?

$60 out of pocket for 6 games
+$30 extra credit
+10% edge
+whatever these games trade for[/QUOTE]

I dont think youll come out with much of a profit, if you even get any.

$30 + a possible $5 for each game brings you to $60.00 plus 10% extra Edge card= $66. If you figure in tax from what your buying your getting $2.40.

Not worth the gas for that.

But fell free to try. Maybe I'm wrong. But I know Fuzion Frenzy 2 will get you $7 each, according to the Wiki. The other 2 games arent listed there, but I doubt there more than $5.

Sorry for the repost. Instead of trading them in at EB/Gamestop this might strike you better:

Open Season $19
Fusion Frenzy $15
Cars $8

Those are Gamerush/Blockbusters trade in values. Youd be getting a $12 profit. $27 if they do the extra $5 per game when you trade in 3 games. But my local Blockbuster has crap for games, so i wouldnt trade them in there..but I do like there dvd selection...........hmmmm

I picked it up this weekend at a regular Walmart here around town. It wasn't mark, just in a glass case and asked an employee to get it for me. Very fun and goes to a good cause!

bread's done
Back