Narynan - Narynan - 220
Gamehead - Dre - 973
Skizye - Skizye - 469
Koggit - firecrotch - 169
mramazing - LuckyLefty - 516
Gamehead - Dre - 973
Lexian - eCstatiC - 927

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they do implement smartcasting and autocasting like in Warcraft 3. After playing that I realized how outdated the Starcraft interface was in comparison.

Starcraft 2 might be the first game I pay full price for since about 3 years ago. The single player campaign of the first game was great but the online aspect was sooo much better. I'll need to start practicing immediately too incase we have some more CAG vs PA games. I'll teach them not to call us CAGers...

Raymond/Ikai we need to play our games... sorry I haven't been on Battle.net, I've been playing on ICCup

btw there won't be any autocasting or smartcasting. Spells in SC are too important and energy intensive that random casting will not work (except medic healing and scv repairing).

[quote name='The Crotch']Firebat (Maybe - see recent Karune Briefings)[/QUOTE]
They were kind of lame, but if this is true, I'll miss them. I love the Firebat voice; it's slammin' ;)

(Oh, and sorry I haven't been on Battle.net in some time... probably won't start playing SC again until next year. Been insanely busy these days, for starters.)

I guess we can figured out all that stuff once the game is actually released. Until then I'll try not to let this thread become another Starcraft 1 thread (we already have one and it's stickied). :)

I can't wait to see what the zergs will be like. I had this idea where they would have separate upgrade paths like the Tau in Dawn of War. They could pick one path which focused on increasing hp and damage or another path that increased mobility and unlocked fast units or another that emphasised stealth and mobile lurkers etc. Then once you picked one set of upgrades there would be some kind of time/money penalty to change. This would make zergs even more of a guessing game to play against. It would probably be a pain in the ass to balance unfortunately.

I liked the idea of a terran unit which is build by a scv like a building. That seems like just the type of unit you would see in the terran race. I also somehow knew they would introduce a transformer unit. I remember thinking the Valkyrie would be better as a transformer. In one mode it could only attack air units and in the other it could only attack ground.

I'm not as familiar with protoss so I can't really say much. I've just been following interviews since they talk about them most out of all the races. I'll like to see even more of a sci-fi element to them. I have been secretly hoping they would remove storm but looks like no such luck. Yes we hates templers. storm = the devil.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']This game will rock... I can't wait for 2014 to come.[/quote]

2014!?!?

WHAT? No way...or am I too gulible and cannot understand sarcasm?

"...Siege Tanks firing from the fog of war, such as on an unseen cliff, will not reveal its location from the fog of war to its enemy, thus will not be able to be return fired upon."

You have been PWNED by Terran!

[quote name='nintendokid']"...Siege Tanks firing from the fog of war, such as on an unseen cliff, will not reveal its location from the fog of war to its enemy, thus will not be able to be return fired upon."

You have been PWNED by Terran![/QUOTE]

If that makes it into the final version then I am switching races to terran. All you would need are some siege tanks and a thor behind with a comsat to spot for you to win.

I'm having a hard time visualizing how toss units are "warped" in. Will they be warped in similar to buildings like SC right now? And so, they can also be attacked like a larvae morphing or a hydra morphing into lurker? *confused*

About these Immortals, since they are equivalent to dragoons but are totally superior to tanks, won't that mean that TvP matches early-on will be more about marines vs lots? Man, they are truly pushing hard for marines to be at a whole new level which makes sense.

You know, the first thing I thought when I heard the news was, "That's too bad, I've always liked Blizzard."

On the bright side, maybe they can put some of the old Zerg themes into Guitar Hero IV.

I'm thinking the last level of the Terran campaign will now be Raynor guitar battling Kerrigan, winner takes all.

Maybe Raynor will get a horrible Stephen-Colbert-style finger injury just before he starts, and hand his guitar over to Zeratul.

Lol. Go starcrafT! PArTY! wHoO! F yeah! UMS 4 LIFE!!!!....I need to find more people to play with = (

Two new updates in the original post. Highlights: groups still require micro to keep them together, Ghosts might lose EMP (please, fucking please), and the editor looks pretty fucking good (mix-and-match tilesets, lots of units editor-only, etc.).

I think another important feature mentioned is the ability to lock user made maps. That way if you make a new map some jackass won't be able to pop it into the map editor and paste his name all over it and alter your work.

I really hate when people do this. X map gets really popular so some dickweed opens it up and then decides to give red 1000000 minerals and hero units. Its just pathetic.

[quote name='E_G_Man']I think another important feature mentioned is the ability to lock user made maps. That way if you make a new map some jackass won't be able to pop it into the map editor and paste his name all over it and alter your work.[/quote]

If they do lock the maps I might actually be motivated to try to make one.

Also sorry to bump, but the lack of SC2 talk depresses me.

Sorry not to update. All of the SC2-related shortcuts I use to keep this thing updated are on my other computer. That'll be back up... eventually.

And feel free to bump/talk about SC2 all you want. Just keep it slow, as we need the talk to last another 3-ish years.

[quote name='E_G_Man']New Siege Tank! http://www.starcraft2.com/features/terran/siegetank.xml

Evidentaly it has a defense mechanism against close combat.[/quote]Looks like a lot of emphasis is being put on the Immortal with this. The Zealot was the traditional anti-tank unit for Protoss, but this would definitely limit their ability to fight tanks. Which, y'know, works for me - Immortals look awesome.

Well there is always air to fall back on to kill the tanks.

I'm wondering how strong the close range attack will be. Maybe it is only strong enough to kill a single ling or Zealot and not a small group. That would actually be pretty handy, since I cannot count the number of times I have had to unseige a tank because a lone Zergling got into it's no-kill zone.

[quote name='E_G_Man']Well there is always air to fall back on to kill the tanks.[/quote]True, but it's always nice to have terrestrial means of fighting tanks.

[quote name='E_G_Man']I'm wondering how strong the close range attack will be. Maybe it is only strong enough to kill a single ling or Zealot and not a small group.[/quote]You speak of "a single ling or Zealot" as though the two were equal. This sin shall not go unpunished.

[quote name='E_G_Man']That would actually be pretty handy, since I cannot count the number of times I have had to unseige a tank because a lone Zergling got into it's no-kill zone.[/quote]And the new "Charge" ability of the Zealot would kick some serious fucking ass against the old model of tanks, too. Especially if there were spider mines around. Zealot Bomb!

I promise you guys to update this shit tonight.

The only problem is that I can't really listen to their podcasts due to my 56k. Does anything important happen in those?

Added things like the Marauder and Nullifer, details about the High Templar, Ghost, Thor (whose purpose seems to change every other day - it was actually a glorified Goliath for a while there), Medic, etc.

Anything I should add/link to? I'm always worried about the OP getting cluttered and hard to read, but I also want to add more detail.

bread's done
Back