Starcraft 2 Official Thread: Heart of the Swarm Time, Yo

• Please log in to reply
3238 replies to this topic

#61 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:57 PM

I'd start by sacrificing you to Q'Holeth, God of the Blackened Skies, for never joining us in our fucking games. "Don't like rushing" my ass.

Posted Image

#62 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 17 February 2008 - 05:28 PM

:lol: I really don't like the default multiplayer component. UMS is where all my fun comes from.

#63 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:59 AM

Just added the bit about Siege Tanks having close-range defenses and Motherships having the Arbiter's cloaking field.

I'm not happy about either.

EDIT: Added the bit about the idle worker button, which more than compensates for the above two things. And really, I think they had to buff the Siege Tanks to counter the new Zealot ability and the addition of the Immortals.

Posted Image

#64 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:18 AM

New update?

Oh, yes.

New update.

Terran Ghosts are huge imba. Overpowered like nothing fucking else.

Posted Image

#65 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:35 AM

We gots a new update, folks. Nullifiers get the High Templar's "Levitation" spell, Terrans get a new old look, and... well, that's about all the new stuff. But there are screenshots! Look! Is that a Zealot with his swords away? I think it is! Tanks look awesome, too. It also appears that the Immortal shield must be researched, as none of the Immortals in the picture have shields deployed.

Posted Image

#66 Serik

Serik

Stack of doom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:38 AM

I love the neon "BAR" sign on that Terran barracks (?).

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar2kk9.jpgPosted Image
Playing:
:pc: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Team Fortress 2

#67 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:42 AM

That's the Mercenary Haven. Need it to recruit the jetpack-havin' Reapers.

Posted Image

#68 Serik

Serik

Stack of doom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:04 AM

Ahhhh, that makes sense.

Doesn't AoE III also have a seedy/tough looking structure that recruits mercenary units?

In any event, I'm glad Blizz is returning to the run 'n gun style RTS. For many years I half expected SCII to be in the hero-centric WCIII style.

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar2kk9.jpgPosted Image
Playing:
:pc: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Team Fortress 2

#69 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:05 AM

http://www.teamliqui...?topic_id=67760
Blizzard announces Zerg

#70 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:16 PM

Hey, hey - put some spoiler tags on there!

Posted Image

#71 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:49 AM

Zerg stuff's up. And very, very disturbing. The Blizzard forums are all in a tizzy about how ugly the new Infester unit is.

Posted Image

#72 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:16 AM

yeah I'm not a big fan of the whole vomiting-like thing

#73 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:57 AM

According to Blizzard, it was originally a siege weapon. The idea was, it would have longer range than any unit in the game, but its projectile would be slow moving and destroyable. But this fucked with Zealot AI like nothing else, and they didn't want to scrap the unit entirely, so they just turned it into a new spellcaster-ish thing.

Also, they wanted it to look like a big bag of pus. Mission accomplished!

Posted Image

#74 cletus

cletus

Bridgetsexual

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:25 AM

About time Ultralisk did splash damage.

Yeah, and that Infester is pretty ugly. I wonder if Blizzard will change the model eventually.

#75 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:28 AM

Ok TC. I think you're really stretching with the whole curiosity-is-piqued title tactic.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#76 jarvis307

jarvis307

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:58 AM

pardon my ignorance, but which one is the infester unit?

You wouldn't want me shitting all over your mother's chest at her open-casket funeral; I wouldn't want you talking during my movie.

Asian names aren't really that hard to pronounce compared to other ethnic surnames. Have you seen a Polish last name? It's 15 consonants with one vowel throw in the middle. How the hell do you pronounce "Szczypek"? I propose all Eastern Europeans adopt easier to pronounce names for my personal convenience.

#77 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:06 PM

I approve of this thread. I get more information in this thread than I do reading most previews.

#78 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:34 PM

SC2 units get changed every other day. I think as of the last build, the Colossus may no longer climb up hills or get attacked by AA, and the Mothership has the Black Hole ability. As I don't expect either of these things to last (Who would use the Colossus if it couldn't climb?), I don't feel like going all the way to the first page to edit my original post.

pardon my ignorance, but which one is the infester unit?

That's the bukkake monster. I know that's not what Strell likes to pretend it is, but that's what it is.

Posted Image

#79 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:59 AM

Just wanted to share a few things.

1: Medics might be out. Blizzard's toying with that idea right now.
2: Ultralisk. Ultralisk. ULTRALISK!
Spoiler

Posted Image

#80 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:08 AM

yeah so apparently in one of the more recent builds, the medic was replaced with this flying medivac thing (basically a dropship/medic hybrid: a flying healer)

and ultralisks can burrow

#81 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:13 AM

Yerp. And 12 Ultralisks can fit in one Nydus Worm. The only question now is how Zerg travel to islands in "space platform" type levels.

Hey, at least there's no more "healing the repairman from inside the bunker" business.

EDIT: You know, looking at that picture, it'd be a god damn crime if the Ultralisk didn't have knockback Vs smaller units.

Posted Image

#82 PhoenixT

PhoenixT

This space reserved

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:17 PM

Not a lot to add just don't want to see this thread fall into obsurity. More on topic though the ultralisk able to burrow seems a bit...overpowered? I hope the units far more costly this time if they give it this maybe give you a limit as to how many you can have in your force at one time seperate from the overall population cap.

#83 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:13 AM

Not a lot to add just don't want to see this thread fall into obsurity.

I bump it every time Karune puts out a new briefing. Sadly, that has not been in a while.

More on topic though the ultralisk able to burrow seems a bit...overpowered?

Not necessarily. If anything's imba, it's Ghosts in bunkers. Less so now that the Medic is sorta-out, though.

I hope the units far more costly this time if they give it this maybe give you a limit as to how many you can have in your force at one time seperate from the overall population cap.

That's what they did with the Mothership. You could only have 1. Then they removed that. Then they added that back in. Then they...

Posted Image

#84 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:16 AM

What the. Ghosts in bunkers. There must be some tidbit about SC2 I'm missing about that (which I admit I am fully under-educated on this game currently), but I can't (currently) determine a reason why ghosts in bunkers would be game breaking.

The little fuckers have canister rifles and about -3 HP. They can barely take out zerglings 1v1.

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#85 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:22 AM

They can nuke, snipe (extra damage Vs biotic units), and fire EMPs from inside bunkers now.

Posted Image

#86 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:24 AM

Doesn't seem all that useful to me, with the exception of EMP shots. And even then, it's going to be a scramble to get at the bunker and fire off an EMP quickly.

Who in the hell is going to nuke from in a bunker? I bet you'd fry the bunker in the blast.

I roll Terrans, wiggles. I'd know whether or not that's useful.

Posted Image

#87 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:26 AM

Except that bunkers themselves have got extra HP now...

Posted Image

#88 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:29 AM

You were lucky to kill at max maybe 4 hydralisks from bunkers - anything more than that, and your guys were toast. They are easily the weakest of the ground defense systems of all three races. You had a better chance building farms all over the place and hoping to keep everyone at bay while tanks killed anything.

But I'll be nice and say that you've got to be more up to date on all of this than me, so if you are saying it's a big advantage, I'll take your word for it.

Plus, that means Terrans gon' terr it up. Ho ho! Pun!

Posted Image

#89 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:32 AM

Terrans are very infantry-heavy this time around, so the bunker got a significant boost.

EDIT: Though they probably take that out in every other build. My SC2 knowledge gets outdated very quickly.

Posted Image

#90 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:24 AM

What could be better than siege tanks with chain saws?