Starcraft 2 Official Thread: Heart of the Swarm Time, Yo

• Please log in to reply
3238 replies to this topic

#211 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:43 AM

Thanks for the link. For some reason, trying to access the SC 2 website from this computer just ain't possible these days.

Posted Image

#212 E_G_Man

E_G_Man

Boilermaker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:32 AM

I have been having issues as well. I have to refresh a few times before I can ever get to where I want to go.
FRIEND CODES:
WII
Spoiler

DS
Spoiler

#213 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:59 AM

Pretty awesome
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#214 jarvis307

jarvis307

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:33 PM

anyone else trying to use the mouse to scroll the map while watching the video? :P

You wouldn't want me shitting all over your mother's chest at her open-casket funeral; I wouldn't want you talking during my movie.

Asian names aren't really that hard to pronounce compared to other ethnic surnames. Have you seen a Polish last name? It's 15 consonants with one vowel throw in the middle. How the hell do you pronounce "Szczypek"? I propose all Eastern Europeans adopt easier to pronounce names for my personal convenience.

#215 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:26 PM

Wow surprising how fast that video loaded, no buffering or anything. That was just kick ass, liked the new additions to gameplay with the map and the new units/abilities. The first baneling encounter I was like oh shit this is gonna hurt, this is gonnnaaa hurttt! OHHHHH!!! haha ^^
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#216 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

Hey, I can actually load the video! I'm-a update the OP now.

Posted Image

#217 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:16 PM

that battle report made me fall asleep. the players either weren't that good or weren't experienced with the game, they had like 1500 minerals the entire time.
Every day's great at your Junes!

#218 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:51 PM

yeah like every battle only had like 20 total units or so. It wasn't very exciting, but it was good to see some more gameplay

#219 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:09 PM

Um no new posts in this thread?
Activision-Blizzard (or whatever they are called) said at E3 this is due Holiday 09.

#220 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:12 PM

Um no new posts in this thread?
Activision-Blizzard (or whatever they are called) said at E3 this is due Holiday 09.

Woah, really? I had heard Blizz wasn't going to be at E3 this year. That's some shocking news considering the lack of details given out so far. I'm psyched though, haven't done some good dungeon crawling since PSO.

#221 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:38 PM

http://e3.gamespot.c...g-to-new-genres

[6:55] There will be a Starcraft II beta test later this summer, and Morhaime offers to get anyone in attendance into the program. Morhaime expects to launch Starcraft II by the end of the year, though he also notes that it will only ship once the game is done.

[6:56] Morhaime says that more about the games will be revealed at BlizzCon and encourages everyone to attend the August show, which sold out yesterday.

[6:56] Morhaime closes with a cinematic cutscene video from Starcraft II's single-player campaign.

So it looks like it could still be delayed and we won't know for sure till Blizzcon, but Gamestop labeled it for end of 2009 which is why I posted here. I guess we'll know for sure at Blizzcon.

#222 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:39 PM

Derr, I'm an idiot. I thought this was the D3 thread. SCII is still good news in my book though. What's the word on the 3 games though, are they still doing that?

#223 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:12 PM

Lets hope that SCII does actually come out before the end of the year but they'd be better to release it in the spring of next year with all the game crunch in that time.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#224 Koggit

Koggit

almost sorry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:41 PM

no game will take any attn or sales away from sc2.. if anything a sc2 fall release should make every other company hold off till spring

#225 Liquid 2

Liquid 2

Dutch Dreams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:41 PM

Not shipping 2 out of 3 campaigns? That's kinda super fucking dumb.

If they're not free DLC, Blizzard will have legit lost their fucking minds.

#226 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:43 AM

Whats the big deal? You still get all races for multiplayer and skirmish. Come on, you know how many Blizzard nuts there are out there? And they aren't charging online fees, so they will get away with three separate campaigns.

It also means that the campaign will be rather uh... long lol.

I hope they don't delay till 2010, 2010 is already looking insanely good if any more games get delayed to 2010. Right now theres little to celebrate on the PC for the rest of the year outside of this and Sims 3. Exclusive wise anyways.

#227 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:34 AM

Whats the big deal? You still get all races for multiplayer and skirmish. Come on, you know how many Blizzard nuts there are out there? And they aren't charging online fees, so they will get away with three separate campaigns.

It also means that the campaign will be rather uh... long lol.

I hope they don't delay till 2010, 2010 is already looking insanely good if any more games get delayed to 2010. Right now theres little to celebrate on the PC for the rest of the year outside of this and Sims 3. Exclusive wise anyways.

Just because you can doesn't necessarily mean you should *Cough Left 4 Dead 2 Cough Cough*

It's still kind of a dick move.

#228 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:18 PM

Just because you can doesn't necessarily mean you should *Cough Left 4 Dead 2 Cough Cough*

It's still kind of a dick move.

You think they split it up for them to be able to work on Diablo III at the same time or because they're now apart of Activision who seem to pride on yearly sequels?

#229 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:29 AM

I've seen the beta running, and it's pretty clean and smooth. I'm far from a Starcraft fan, but it looks a lot more done than Blizzard is letting on.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#230 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:48 PM

Leaked specs from a old leak in May were released to which I forgot to mentioned.

Minumum Requirements
GFX: GeForce 7/8 Series or Radeon 1000/2000 with 256 MB RAM
CPU: Pentium 4
RAM: 1 GB
Internet: ADSL 1 Mbit

Recommended Requirements
GFX: GeForce 8000 or Radeon 2000 series with 512 MB RAM
CPU: Core 2 Duo or Athlon X2.
RAM: 2 GB
Internet: ADSL 3 Mbit

Me and the Wife are in the process of looking for a good gaming laptop $700 or less so hopefully we can get one by December.

#231 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:57 PM

get a gaming desktop :/

#232 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:27 PM

No LAN am confirmed.

Seems like a dumb decision. I don't really go to LANparties no mores, but still. At least mention that it could be added down the line.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#233 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:29 PM

they made it sound like some new feature in Battle.net can somehow be a substitute for LAN (maybe like how Steam does it?)

#234 Liquid 2

Liquid 2

Dutch Dreams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:15 AM

What does Steam do?

Without LAN, you won't be able to play locally. At all. An internet connection will be required, which is, frankly, pretty stupid.

#235 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:55 AM

Basically you have to connect to Steam first, then there will be an option to look for games on your LAN. Yeah it's kinda stupid. Blizzard's probably only doing it because of things like Hamachi

#236 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:31 AM

oh the days of spawn installation are gone. ><

#237 jarvis307

jarvis307

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:02 AM

wow.. if they get rid of LAN support and charge for b.net i might have to go slap somebody.

You wouldn't want me shitting all over your mother's chest at her open-casket funeral; I wouldn't want you talking during my movie.

Asian names aren't really that hard to pronounce compared to other ethnic surnames. Have you seen a Polish last name? It's 15 consonants with one vowel throw in the middle. How the hell do you pronounce "Szczypek"? I propose all Eastern Europeans adopt easier to pronounce names for my personal convenience.

#238 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:00 AM

they've said B.net will definitely be free, but some aspects may cost money (stuff about leagues, tournaments)

#239 weevles

weevles

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:02 PM

Tech trees: http://www.giantbomb...rees/52-342160/

#240 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:03 PM

Damn look at that spaceport, can house half the Terran army lol.