Photo
- - - - -

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines $10 Amazon.com, clawing its way out of the grave

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#61 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:30 AM

Rebumping with Amazon deal instead of Steam
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#62 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:51 AM

I'm in for this, now I just have to find something to buy with it for free shipping

#63 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:36 AM

Thanks. I've been waiting for a good deal on this. I didn't want to buy the one on steam.

#64 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:07 AM

if anyone is looking for a good time with this game, try using a Malkavian. You can talk to TVs, Stop Signs, etc...

mgs.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#65 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:09 AM

for those who have finished it, how long is this game? and do you move out of the downtown hub at some point? seems like a pretty small area.

#66 Dwapook

Dwapook

Raging Goblin Maniac!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:46 AM

I got this for a couple dollars at circuit city years ago and still haven't gotten around to playing it..

#67 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:57 AM

if anyone is looking for a good time with this game, try using a Malkavian. You can talk to TVs, Stop Signs, etc...

I'm not feeling the Malkavian. I answered the questions and that's what it gave me, but I may re-roll my character.

#68 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:28 AM

I decided to go with The Flight of the Conchords First season to get free shipping.

#69 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:38 PM

for those who have finished it, how long is this game? and do you move out of the downtown hub at some point? seems like a pretty small area.

When I beat it years ago it took about 30 hrs to finish (lol?). I thought it dragged at the end, at about the 25 hr mark I wanted it to end. Really great game anyways though.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#70 qtseng

qtseng

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:42 PM

Yup. Great game. Got a bit of the Deus Ex vibe to it.

I have yet to play through it again as a Malkavian. Heard it's pretty wacky (in a good way).

#71 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:25 AM

yeah, you get out soon enough

mgs.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#72 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:41 AM

I thought getting to the Nosferatu in the sewers dragged on longer than I would have liked, but I've faced far more tedious levels in other games before. ^_^

Love this game!

#73 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:44 PM

All things considered, I'd rather have the Steam version if only for the ease of Steam, but for you luddites, find some filler and get your disc copies.

I take a bit of offense to that. There are plenty of reasons to prefer/want/need a physical disc not just a luddite-like hate of technology.

I'm in for $10 though.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#74 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:01 PM

I thought getting to the Nosferatu in the sewers dragged on longer than I would have liked, but I've faced far more tedious levels in other games before. ^_^

Love this game!

Nos is definatly the hardest class in the game, godspeed

mgs.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#75 Cyb3-rr

Cyb3-rr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:25 PM

Thanks OP! Picked this up with a 4-pack of Senseo coffee pods to get free shipping.

I remember playing this for a brief period when it first came out. Definitely need to try it again with my upgraded system. I recall it not running as well as HL2 on my previous computer.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#76 T3kN

T3kN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:09 PM

I can't decide which race to be, i keep trying em all out, but I can't decide which would be the most fun, since I dont know if I would be playing through this game more then once.
Any suggestions?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#77 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:04 PM

I can't decide which race to be, i keep trying em all out, but I can't decide which would be the most fun, since I dont know if I would be playing through this game more then once.
Any suggestions?

I've only played as one race so far, the Toreador. I'm really enjoying it though, I guess the only bad thing I would have to say about the class is that humanity loss is doubled for any violations (killing innocents, etc). Of course, humanity gain is doubled too, so it's not too bad.

#78 oremites

oremites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:37 PM

I recall it not running as well as HL2 on my previous computer.

If I remember right, Vampire runs on a beta version of the HL2 engine, and was never upgraded to the more polished, final version.

#79 vpr

vpr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:23 AM

Yeah, if you can go with the discs for the same price, I'd go that route too. Besides, you should be able to use the CD key and link it to Steam if you want to download it. Best of both worlds!

According to this link: http://support.steam..._faqid=68#which

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines is not on the allowed list of retail games that you can add to steam using only the CD key.

Am I missing something?

Edit: Price on amazon.com showing up as $19.99 for me now.

kos-mos_sig.jpg

#80 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:14 AM

According to this link: http://support.steam..._faqid=68#which

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines is not on the allowed list of retail games that you can add to steam using only the CD key.

Am I missing something?

Edit: Price on amazon.com showing up as $19.99 for me now.

No, you're not missing anything. I just assumed you could d/l the game through Steam with discs' CD key, but I was wrong apparently. My apologies. >_<

#81 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:19 AM

Any suggestions?

Malkavian. your character is freaking nuts and your dialog options reflect that.

#82 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:19 AM

It did indeed go back up to $20. I'm disappointed. I was very interested in this game when it was new but after reading reviews that said it was so buggy, I didn't really pay attention much. That and I buy PC games but yet rarely play games on the PC.

11317.png

#83 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:28 AM

Malk if you wanna be crazy. Toreador if you just wanna be the straight man helping folk in trouble.

#84 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2007 - 03:54 AM

Price back up to $20, lol could it be the deal has suffered Final Death? :D

A little VTMB humor for you (very little >_<).

#85 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:38 AM

Gangrel is all sorts of fun too

mgs.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#86 vpr

vpr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:21 PM

Just noticed that there is a version 4.3 of the unofficial patches released just a day or so ago (depending where in the world you live :p)

http://www.patches-s..._bloodlines.php

kos-mos_sig.jpg

#87 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:18 PM

Back to $9.99!

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

Courtesy of CAG Price Tracker!

#88 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:10 AM

Topic updated to re-reflect the drop.

#89 tcolberg

tcolberg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:38 AM

Since Malkavian's have an alternate set of dialog for the entire game, I think it's more fun to play one of the more standard clans, such as Ventrue, Toreador, or like, before playing the crazies.