Photo
- - - - -

Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6190 replies to this topic

#31 admanimal

admanimal

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:32 AM

i heard in teh general thread this hardware will connect with a hub.

any one know if it will be a standard usb hub, proprietary connectors, how many ports, etc.

i wonder if it will come with one hardware item if you buy them separate (next year of course)

It is a standard powered USB hub. The Xbox 360 bundle includes one. You only need it if you want to connect all three instrument parts and the mic at once.

Personally I was pretty unimpressed by the RB guitar anyway. If you thought the GH guitars were flimsy, you ain't seen nothin' yet. Try not to breath on the thing or it might break..! But yeah I've got 5 of these damn toy guitars here already....grrrrr.

I don't understand why everyone thinks the RB guitars are so flimsy. I have seen them dropped and tossed around the shelves many times at the two Best Buys near me and they still look and work just fine.

#32 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:14 AM

I played it tonight at Best Buy. I'm completely sold. I did some guitar for Tom Sawyer and Vasoline and switched over to drums for Black Hole Sun. Does every song have a drum solo? I had a solo at the end of Black Hole Sun.. I loved it. Everything just lit up and I was like "no freakin way" and I played whatever I thought sounded good.. it was awesome.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#33 admanimal

admanimal

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:25 AM

I played it tonight at Best Buy. I'm completely sold. I did some guitar for Tom Sawyer and Vasoline and switched over to drums for Black Hole Sun. Does every song have a drum solo? I had a solo at the end of Black Hole Sun.. I loved it. Everything just lit up and I was like "no freakin way" and I played whatever I thought sounded good.. it was awesome.

Most (all?) songs will have free form fill sections where you can just rock out like that, they aren't always solos though. Long story short, they are like the drum version of star power (which is called overdrive in RB).

#34 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:43 AM

Most (all?) songs will have free form fill sections where you can just rock out like that, they aren't always solos though. Long story short, they are like the drum version of star power (which is called overdrive in RB).

Awesome. I can't wait!!!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#35 porieux

porieux

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:16 AM

I don't understand why everyone thinks the RB guitars are so flimsy. I have seen them dropped and tossed around the shelves many times at the two Best Buys near me and they still look and work just fine.

Because it simply is flimsy. Try flexing the neck. Doesn't mean the game isn't good.

#36 IOnceWasLegend

IOnceWasLegend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:38 AM

I like the guitars in this game, interested in the mike, but--being as I'm a drummer in real life--am I the only one who thinks the drums fucking SUCK?

#37 porieux

porieux

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:44 AM

Well they are nothing like my Roland V-Drums but they seem pretty good for what I would expect from a 'relatively' cheap game. What are your specific complaints?

#38 IOnceWasLegend

IOnceWasLegend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:17 AM

Well they are nothing like my Roland V-Drums but they seem pretty good for what I would expect from a 'relatively' cheap game. What are your specific complaints?

Well, I suppose I can't really complain about them for the price, but mainly the rock-hard tops and how they were placed. I'm used to playing drums/Drummania, so about half the time I went for a cymbal hit I instinctively went up high and was way off.

I guess my complaints stem more from the fact that I've been spoiled on Drummania as far as drum simulators go, but--though I can't really complain much given the price--the drums kinda killed any incentive I might have had to buy the game/pitch in with my friend whose buying it.

#39 porieux

porieux

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:39 AM

Yeah I can't figure out why they didn't make the tops more rubbery.
The feel would be way better and they would make way less noise when hit.

Despite any comments I have made in this thread I am still really looking forward to this game though.

#40 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:41 PM

Rock Band site has been redone...a lot of new videos and stuff.

http://www.rockband.com

For some reason on some of the videos the drums go out every few seconds (Blitzkrieg Bop and Paranoid most notably)...not sure if it's because they were really playing it and just removed the notation overlays or if there was something screwy with the version they used to play it.

I weep for GH3 getting a master of Number of the Beast while Rock Band settles for a cover of Run To The Hills. In general though I've thought the Rock Band covers have sounded better than the GH3 covers.
Posted Image

#41 evanft

evanft

Wombat needs Nutrisystem.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:58 PM

As someone already posted, I already have a massive RB thread in the general gaming forum. Go there.

#42 orntar

orntar

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:02 PM

maybe a mod should link the OP to the general discussion?

#43 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:17 AM

As someone already posted, I already have a massive RB thread in the general gaming forum. Go there.

Nah.
Posted Image

#44 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:00 AM

Was just at best buy in my area (215 and decatur in north las vegas) and they had rock band set up with 2 lcd tv and the guitar and drums...2 guys were playing (guitar and drums) pearl jam...kinda cool
Posted Image

#45 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:32 AM

Re: Downloadable songs

Kotaku sez, via OXM:

The current issue reveals master tracks from The Police (Roxanne, Synchronicity II, Can't Stand Losing You), Queens of the Stone Age (3s and 7s, Sick Sick Sick, Little Sister) and Metallica (titles to be announced) can be added to the already stellar line-up. But that's not all. Tracks from Black Sabbath and David Bowie, a good portion of which are "as made famous by" will also be available as add-ons. And yes, there's even more.

A "Punk Pack" featuring tracks from The Buzzcocks, The Clash and The Ramones will add some variety to the DLC line-up as will a slew of single tracks that run the gamut from classic rock to modern rock. The other confirmed jams are as follows.

Fortunate Son - Credence Clearwater Revival
Jukebox Hero - Foreigner
My Sharona - The Knack
Cherry Bomb - The Runaways
Bang A Gong- T-Rex
Joker and the Thief - Wolfmother
Brass in a Pocket - Pretenders
My Iron Lung - Radiohead
Buddy Holly - Weezer

I REALLY wanted the first two Ramones albums to be released, but as long as the song packs stick to the early years I guess it'll be an acceptable consolation prize. Decent Radiohead choice. Can't wait to hear some douchebag singin' his ass off on the CCR tune on XBL.
Posted Image

#46 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:58 AM

Can't wait to hear some douchebag singin' his ass off on the CCR tune on XBL.

From what I hear you won't be able to .

I think I'll get this , I'm debating SE or game only .
I haven't heard a confirmation if you can play the drums on a gamepad .

card.pngl1.gif

#47 porieux

porieux

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:05 AM

I wouldn't get any hopes up on the Metallica DLC. According to the rumor I heard they LOST their mulitracks from the pre-Justice albums (aka the good stuff). Hope it isn't true but I'm not holding my breath.

#48 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:09 AM

I wouldn't get any hopes up on the Metallica DLC. According to the rumor I heard they LOST their mulitracks from the pre-Justice albums (aka the good stuff). Hope it isn't true but I'm not holding my breath.

Does your developer friend frequent any particular message boards for DLC ideas and suggestions ?

card.pngl1.gif

#49 porieux

porieux

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:30 AM

No but I can pass them on.

#50 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:09 PM

I am going to spend so much money on DLC for this game. I love classic rock, and they look like they're going to deliver big time.

A few things I really enjoyed when I played it at BB:
- The star meter while playing, you can see what star rating you'll get and how close you are to the next one while playing, genius.
- The ability to get the star power combos while star power is activated, love that too.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#51 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:19 PM

I wouldn't get any hopes up on the Metallica DLC.

I wouldn't be shocked in the least if we got "Load" or something before they dished out the black album or Justice. That way they can milk the people who really want Metallica but still know that they can rope them in a second time when they release more desirable stuff.

That said, even though it would be disappointing, at least there are a few decent songs on their "90s" albums. But if they dip into St. Anger territory I will shove my Rock Band guitar up Hetfield's ass, and the drumset up Peter Moore's ass. And if I knew who the main guy at Harmonix was, I'd violate him as well.
Posted Image

#52 dim2192

dim2192

CAG Veteran

• Banned

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:14 PM

I wouldn't be shocked in the least if we got "Load" or something before they dished out the black album or Justice. That way they can milk the people who really want Metallica but still know that they can rope them in a second time when they release more desirable stuff.

That said, even though it would be disappointing, at least there are a few decent songs on their "90s" albums. But if they dip into St. Anger territory I will shove my Rock Band guitar up Hetfield's ass, and the drumset up Peter Moore's ass. And if I knew who the main guy at Harmonix was, I'd violate him as well.

St Anger!!!! If they managed to get Fallout Boy, you better watch out. I hope they release Tool songs, that would be rad.
Posted Image

#53 triforcer

triforcer

I'd buy that for a dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:43 PM

i played this at the rock band tour when they came to my campus. they recorded the video and everything, got a free shirt :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#54 Zurezo

Zurezo

Say I Never

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:59 AM

i played this at the rock band tour when they came to my campus. they recorded the video and everything, got a free shirt :)

Me too. It was kinda sweet cause 3 of my friends and I were walking to class and stopped by the rockband truck that was on campus (UNLV) and we missed class cause we were playing for so long. It was a blast, and thats the moment I knew I was gonna get this game. BTW the drums are so bad ass.

#55 looploop

looploop

Camera-shy Supernova

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:27 PM

St Anger!!!! If they managed to get Fallout Boy, you better watch out.

I was at Harmonix last night for a Rock Band-infused birthday party for one of their artists. The Fallout Boy song was the one track that everyone present expressed a strong distate for and declined to play.:lol:

「Im Himmel fehlen alle interessanten Leute.

Posted Image

#56 dim2192

dim2192

CAG Veteran

• Banned

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:01 PM

I was at Harmonix last night for a Rock Band-infused birthday party for one of their artists. The Fallout Boy song was the one track that everyone present expressed a strong distate for and declined to play.:lol:

Lol watch that be the theme song for Rock Band
Posted Image

#57 Pestilence

Pestilence

A shark ate me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:06 AM

I have to say, this was the first time an in-store demo was present, I did not know about it, and instantly fell in love with it immediately.

I am willing to spend 200 on this game for the fucking drums alone. I sat at best buy and played it for a god damn hour and a half and loved every moment of it.

The one thing that scares me about this game, is that the drums are TOO fun, and everyone is gonna fight to play them, online and IRL. I really want a Drum Hero or something. Maybe this will wake them up and they will realize what they need to do with this.

#58 Tyvan

Tyvan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:26 PM

Was just at best buy in my area (215 and decatur in north las vegas) and they had rock band set up with 2 lcd tv and the guitar and drums...2 guys were playing (guitar and drums) pearl jam...kinda cool

Has Pearl Jam even been announced yet for Rock Band? What song was it? Please be Alive.:)

#59 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:29 PM

Where the hell is the Local H? I think they would fit this game like a frickin' glove.

I'm getting it, though. Here's hoping Walmart will have it at midnight. I'm going to be taking some vacation time that week. I can't wait. :D

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#60 Charron

Charron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:36 PM

Has Pearl Jam even been announced yet for Rock Band? What song was it? Please be Alive.:)

I'm pretty sure he's a tad confused, as Pearl Jam isn't in Rock Band.