Photo
- - - - -

Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6190 replies to this topic

#61 looploop

looploop

Camera-shy Supernova

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:15 PM

The one thing that scares me about this game, is that the drums are TOO fun, and everyone is gonna fight to play them, online and IRL. I really want a Drum Hero or something. Maybe this will wake them up and they will realize what they need to do with this.

From what I've seen, the drums are so damn ankle-exhausting that people are very willing to take a break from them every so often.

「Im Himmel fehlen alle interessanten Leute.

Posted Image

#62 Agrippan

Agrippan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:14 PM

DLC pricing announced for individual songs and song packs:

http://www.gamespot....&om_clk=topslot

Don't have full album priced up yet though. At least it's cheaper than GH and you can get them individually.

#63 blue_volvo

blue_volvo

CAGalanche!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:17 PM

I think that is a reasonable enough drop from GH prices.

What I want to know is will you have to pay the full price for albums if you have already downloaded a song in that album. It is less likely that I would DL "Buddy Holly" when I know I will pick up Weezer's Blue Album if it comes out, for example.

#64 RudyPants

RudyPants

Zombie on my lawn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:04 PM

Wow - this thread is much smaller than I thought it would be for a game coming out next week. I guess people just need to get it in their hands for the thread to explode.

#65 Cyb3-rr

Cyb3-rr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:19 PM

Needs more QotSA. Wish this had gotten 3's & 7's instead of GH3. Great song.

I know it's probably been asked before, but will the wireless 360 guitar from GH3 work with this?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#66 blackflag

blackflag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:31 AM

Wow - this thread is much smaller than I thought it would be for a game coming out next week. I guess people just need to get it in their hands for the thread to explode.

The main thread is in the general gaming forum.

#67 endevr

endevr

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:51 PM

Needs more QotSA. Wish this had gotten 3's & 7's instead of GH3. Great song.

I know it's probably been asked before, but will the wireless 360 guitar from GH3 work with this?

3's and 7's, Little Sister, and Sick Sick Sick will be available as DLC on launch day.

#68 toper

toper

"ggggbabybabybaby"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:31 PM

GH guitars will work with RB, but not vice versa.

#69 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:46 PM

Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld is an unlockable. Man, the vocals on that one are gonna be insane.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#70 mrcheapo11

mrcheapo11

Whoooooooooooooop!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:53 PM

I think that is a reasonable enough drop from GH prices.

I would actually be more willing to pay $2.00 for one RB song than $2.50 for a GH3 song, considering a RB downloadable song will have guitar, bass, drums and vocals, while the GH3 is just lead and bass guitar.

Also, I preorder this a few days ago on Newegg.com(the bundle that is) is it likely I will get the first shipment of the game? I really hope so :pray:

Posted Image

you know what? the reason we created GAMEstop in the first place was to serve GAMErs. if we didnt want to serve GAMErs we would have called it wal mart stop and sold baby items and food and a small selection of overpriced gaming software for high prices. and not thea bility to sell crappy old games no one wants anymore.

Hello all this is my frist post on GAG forums.

PM me for invites to Lockerz.com!

#71 Cyb3-rr

Cyb3-rr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:01 PM

3's and 7's, Little Sister, and Sick Sick Sick will be available as DLC on launch day.

Fuck YES!! I love Little Sister! Kept singing that in my head while playing Bioshock. ;) Sure hope you can play the cowbell, heh.

Edit: On another note, the above curse word is now allowed?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#72 dcv2002

dcv2002

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:40 PM

Also, I preorder this a few days ago on Newegg.com(the bundle that is) is it likely I will get the first shipment of the game? I really hope so :pray:

I preordered from newegg also on 11/13. Under the pre-order is still says "Not transferred". Whatever that means. I don't need it on 11/20 since my XBOX from 11/05 gave me the RROD and according to service.xbox.com is currently sitting in McAllen, TX. Froze while playing HL2 twice, then the third time, bingo RROD. I want my damn XBOX back!

#73 Agrippan

Agrippan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:19 PM

On another note, the above curse word is now allowed?

It is when you capitalize it.

#74 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 17 November 2007 - 04:58 AM

IGN's review is up now, they gave it a 9.4/10.

http://xbox360.ign.c...6/836118p1.html

#75 evanft

evanft

Wombat needs Nutrisystem.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2007 - 05:24 PM

Typical IGN. The review, especially the video one, seems like an 8, but it's a fucking 9.4. What the hell? I mean, if the solo career is lame outside of the drums, how can it be a 9.4?

#76 bigdsinferno

bigdsinferno

unicorns are kick ass!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:10 PM

Typical IGN. The review, especially the video one, seems like an 8, but it's a fucking 9.4. What the hell? I mean, if the solo career is lame outside of the drums, how can it be a 9.4?

wow. It's like we read a completely different review. I thought it was very positive and I didn't get the feeling they criticized much of anything, including solo career.
that being said, i didn't watch the video.
Posted Image

#77 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:34 AM

wow. It's like we read a completely different review. I thought it was very positive and I didn't get the feeling they criticized much of anything, including solo career.
that being said, i didn't watch the video.

The video review definitely seems like he's disappointed with the game. He even said not to buy the game if you're going to play by yourself, unless you're playing drums.

#78 pogipinoy27

pogipinoy27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:04 AM

There was a rock band tour bus outside of my local best buy. I got to try out the game today along with a lot of other people (and even got a free sticker).

The game definitely has a different feel to it. If you play GH3 you'll be able to pick up rock band no problem. There's also elements in there that are neat...like if one of your musicians fails their portion of the song, you can revive them by playing really really well.

The drums aren't difficult at all to play. My only complaint is that the pad is layed out completely flat. I'd like the pad for the high hat to be a little higher (just like a real drum set) but w/e.

It's a lot of fun.
Posted Image
Posted Image

"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul. "
-Johannes Sebastian Bach

#79 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:25 AM

Wow, I used Amazon's free shipping, and I just checked tracking - it shipped yesterday and is out for delivery right now (6:30 am). That's a pleasant surprise.
Posted Image

#80 Z-Saber

Z-Saber

No longer a CAG regular

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2007 - 03:40 PM

Can't find this ANYWHERE!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z_saber
Origin: Z_Saber_64

#81 deadite76

deadite76

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2007 - 03:49 PM

Wow, I used Amazon's free shipping, and I just checked tracking - it shipped yesterday and is out for delivery right now (6:30 am). That's a pleasant surprise.

Shipping for me today as well!
Posted Image

#82 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2007 - 03:54 PM

Wow, either the shortage is true or people are believing the rumor:
http://shop.ebay.com...mesQ5e2QQ_sopZ1

$200+ w/ bids? One is at $265. Sheesh.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#83 converge

converge

Trading Time Out (Rule Violation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Rule Violation

Posted 20 November 2007 - 03:58 PM

People are BIN for around $300, one with bids just went for $325...

#84 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:23 PM

just came back from Target and they had a shit load of them. everybody kept asking me if i was there to buy the game. i thinkit might have been because of my Tool hoodie. but nah, just there to pick up Mass Effect haha. but yeah, LOTS of copies, and holy crap the box is huge.
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#85 Calamityuponthee

Calamityuponthee

Voice of Reason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:32 PM

Just got back from best buy, they had 40+ 360, 10 PS3s. I'm going to get the most out of this game and ebay it to at least get my money back.
Posted Image

#86 Z-Saber

Z-Saber

No longer a CAG regular

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:12 PM

Apparently, from all the reading I've done, I simply live in an area where everyone really digs this crap or they've given us absolutely none.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z_saber
Origin: Z_Saber_64

#87 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:07 PM

Best Buy had about 30+ by the time I got there around 10:15am but everyone in line was buying it. They'll probably sell out by noon.

Looks like it will be pretty rare for the holidays.

#88 SirMikael

SirMikael

Touch Not This CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:11 PM

My local Best Buy had about 5 Game-Only copies of Rock Band, so I picked it up over my lunch. I didn't see a single bundle for either the PS3 or 360, and I have a feeling that if I had waited until after lunch, I wouldn't have even gotten the game disc.

#89 grendel19

grendel19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:12 PM

just came back from Target and they had a shit load of them. everybody kept asking me if i was there to buy the game. i thinkit might have been because of my Tool hoodie. but nah, just there to pick up Mass Effect haha. but yeah, LOTS of copies, and holy crap the box is huge.

Same here, just stopped by Target during lunch, they had boxloads of these, not even opened yet. Still in the shipping cartons. Damn the box is huge.

Playing:
:pc: Dead Space 3; Fallout New Vegas (on break)
:ps3:
:360: Halo 2
Feedbacks: CAG | Heat | ebay

#90 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:59 PM

I popped by a local game store today and the owner was unloading like 15 of them off his van. I was shocked when he said he held one for me and told him I could wait till later but damn was it tempting. I don't know how this will fit in my Christmas budget but it sure would be nice to have during parties.
Posted ImagePosted Image