CAG newbie FAQ: guide to the forums

welcome to the CAG newbie FAQ.
I have released this FAQ so that stupid newbies wont be such dumbasses on the forums.this is not complete, and post what you want to add and I will edit it. if you have any complaints pm me. DO NOT complain how ''noobish'' my FAQ is or how I should go f**k myself on the thread itself. hardy har. you CAN tell me parts I should change/add, to the FAQ. I realise this site has a FAQ ( located on the toolbar at the top of this webpage, but it doesent handle some important things, like hiding spoilers and such, so I am creating a more '' complete'' FAQ )

CONTENTS--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How Not To Get Banned
Spoilers
Abbreviations and short for's
Fanboyism
Posting Threads: The Do's And Dont's
Reporting Users
general questions
> why cant I have a signature?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW NOT TO GET BANNED

if you dont want to get banned, follow these rules
> dont post multiple threads
> dont spam other users
> dont bully other users
> dont use fowl langauge
> dont post spoilers ( see my spoilers section )
>dont make multiple accounts, cheapy can trace IP addresses and find any multiple accounts

SPOILERS

do not post spoilers. many CAGs may not have finished the game and do not want the ending spoiled. there is a handy trick however

[ spoiler] < get rid of spaces > [ /spoiler ]

put your spoiler in the space and most importantly, get rid of spaces between
it should look like this

spoiler here

ABBREVIATIONS AND SHORT FOR'S
many cags use abbreviations. there are countless abreviations used on the forums but here are the most commonly used ones:
CAG | cheap ass gamer
SMB | super mario bros.
LOZ | legend of zelda

sig | signature

( MORE COMING SOON )

FANBOYISM

one thing that is not acceptable at CAG is fanboyism. I dont CARE what console you prefer, and your more than willing to tell us that, but dont say how BAD another console is so that your prefered system seems greater. please dont stoop that low

POSTING THREADS: the do's and dont's
please keep the forums fun, informative and n00b-free

DONT
> post threads that are clearly already in use
> post threads that are unnecesary or irelavent
> post more thread a day. posting any more can get you banned

DO
> post threads that are worth discussing

( coming soon)

QUOTES

when you make a comment about someones post, use quotes or nobody will know what you are talking about. to use quotes find the quote button
it is located at the bottom of users posts, shown in the diagram below
I
I
I _____________________RU / edit_______quote button here
I-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
please do not critisise/complement posts without using quotes

REPORTING USERS

if a user is not obeying the rules ( see how not to get banned ). you can report them, but always remember, reporting is a last resort and dont go around reporting people. the report button is shown as RU in the diagram above, but on the board it is a ''!''

MAKING YOUR POST BETTER

EDITING
you can always edit your posts by pressing the edit button as shown in the diagram above.
when viewing messages by your own user ( you must be logged in ) the button will be an '' edit '' button, but when viewing user posts that do not belong to you , the same button will appear as an ''!'' allowing you to report players ( see above )

( more coming soon )

GENERAL QUESTIONS

Q: why cant I have a signature?

A: when you sign up, under your name in posts is a ranking

when you sign up you will be: CAG newbie
there is no benefits of being a newbie, but I have written a pretty nifty guide for you havent I?
after 50 days you will become: CAG in training
now you can have a custom signature!
after 100 days you become: CAG vetaran
nothing extra to do here, but arent custom sigs enough?
after a year you become: CAGiversarary!
now you can edit your rank! instead of CAGiversary! you
can change it to anything you want!

feel free to post anything worth adding. if you have a complaint, PM me, dont mess up this thread with your complaints.

[quote name='mega_n00bzer']welcome to the CAG newbie FAQ.
I have released this FAQ so that stupid newbies wont be such dumbasses on the forums.this is not complete, and post what you want to add and I will edit it. if you have any complaints pm me. DO NOT complain how ''noobish'' my FAQ is or how I should go f**k myself on the thread itself. hardy har. you CAN tell me parts I should change/add, to the FAQ. I realise this site has a FAQ ( located on the toolbar at the top of this webpage, but it doesent handle some important things, like hiding spoilers and such, so I am creating a more '' complete'' FAQ )

CONTENTS--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How Not To Get Banned
Spoilers
Abbreviations and short for's
Fanboyism
Posting Threads: The Do's And Dont's
Reporting Users
general questions
> why cant I have a signature?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW NOT TO GET BANNED

if you dont want to get banned, follow these rules
> dont post multiple threads
> dont spam other users
> dont bully other users
> dont use fowl langauge
> dont post spoilers ( see my spoilers section )
>dont make multiple accounts, cheapy can trace IP addresses and find any multiple accounts

SPOILERS

do not post spoilers. many CAGs may not have finished the game and do not want the ending spoiled. there is a handy trick however

[ spoiler] < get rid of spaces > [ /spoiler ]

put your spoiler in the space and most importantly, get rid of spaces between
it should look like this

spoiler here

ABBREVIATIONS AND SHORT FOR'S
many cags use abbreviations. there are countless abreviations used on the forums but here are the most commonly used ones:
CAG | cheap ass gamer
SMB | super mario bros.
LOZ | legend of zelda

sig | signature

( MORE COMING SOON )

FANBOYISM

one thing that is not acceptable at CAG is fanboyism. I dont CARE what console you prefer, and your more than willing to tell us that, but dont say how BAD another console is so that your prefered system seems greater. please dont stoop that low

POSTING THREADS: the do's and dont's
please keep the forums fun, informative and n00b-free

DONT
> post threads that are clearly already in use
> post threads that are unnecesary or irelavent
> post more thread a day. posting any more can get you banned

DO
> post threads that are worth discussing

( coming soon)

QUOTES

when you make a comment about someones post, use quotes or nobody will know what you are talking about. to use quotes find the quote button
it is located at the bottom of users posts, shown in the diagram below
I
I
I _____________________RU / edit_______quote button here
I-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
please do not critisise/complement posts without using quotes

REPORTING USERS

if a user is not obeying the rules ( see how not to get banned ). you can report them, but always remember, reporting is a last resort and dont go around reporting people. the report button is shown as RU in the diagram above, but on the board it is a ''!''

MAKING YOUR POST BETTER

EDITING
you can always edit your posts by pressing the edit button as shown in the diagram above.
when viewing messages by your own user ( you must be logged in ) the button will be an '' edit '' button, but when viewing user posts that do not belong to you , the same button will appear as an ''!'' allowing you to report players ( see above )

( more coming soon )

GENERAL QUESTIONS

Q: why cant I have a signature?

A: when you sign up, under your name in posts is a ranking

when you sign up you will be: CAG newbie
there is no benefits of being a newbie, but I have written a pretty nifty guide for you havent I?
after 50 days you will become: CAG in training
now you can have a custom signature!
after 100 days you become: CAG vetaran
nothing extra to do here, but arent custom sigs enough?
after a year you become: CAGiversarary!
now you can edit your rank! instead of CAGiversary! you
can change it to anything you want!

feel free to post anything worth adding. if you have a complaint, PM me, dont mess up this thread with your complaints. [/QUOTE]
Bwahaha..."fowl" language.

You cluckin' stupid pigeon eatin' chicken sphincter!

[quote name='Autumn Star']How can a "CAG Newbie" be posting a FAQ on how not to be a noob...?

Is it just me, or is that completely ironic?[/QUOTE]

It seems weird, but yes, I am a cag newbie. I may have only been a member of cag for a few days, but I was a member of the ign boards for quite a while, and I know how things are done

What gives you the right to write a guide on how to post on a forum? There are rules and guides already. Do you think you can set rules because you've posted on IGN? That is retarded. Seriously.

[quote name='Autumn Star']How can a "CAG Newbie" be posting a FAQ on how not to be a noob...?

Is it just me, or is that completely ironic?[/quote]

yea, weird....

If we got banned for foul language (assuming that's what you meant by "fowl"), I'd have been banned years ago. Instead, I got banned for posing as a girl and trying to seduce a forum member. Where is that in your guide? Also, abbreviations for games like Zelda are stupid. Saving 2 keystrokes is for fags.

[quote name='Chacrana']If we got banned for foul language (assuming that's what you meant by "fowl"), I'd have been banned years ago. Instead, I got banned for posing as a girl and trying to seduce a forum member. Where is that in your guide? Also, abbreviations for games like Zelda are stupid. Saving 2 keystrokes is for fags.[/quote]
ROFL, sounds typical.

How about being banned for being a total dumbass....regalsin for example

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You're not following your own rules? Fraud.[/quote]

you didnt see anything * sprinkles magic dust *

bread's done
Back