Earth Defense Force 2017 (360) - $19 at Buy.com, $20 at BB/CC

stewie75

CAGiversary!
Feedback
99 (100%)
Free shipping and $8.99 with Google Checkout.

http://www.buy.com/prod/earth-defense-force/q/loc/108/203930684.html

iconbestbuy.gif
[quote name='akilshohen']I was gonna price match CC's markdown on this, but it rung up at the same price at the counter.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8296989&st=earth+defense&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1172881358757[/quote]
iconcircuitcity.gif
[quote name='neocisco']:360: Earth Defense Force 2017 $19.99[/quote]

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']Bought one, thanks OP!

edit: I've never played this game, how is it? lol[/quote]

Its a really hard game a couple hours into it, but then it gets kinda boring.

edit: I've never played this game, how is it? lol[/QUOTE]
As far as I hear, it's over the top and ridiculous with some flaws, but oddly addicting. In short, perfect for Xbox Live arcade style pricing (such as the 8.99 price here) as opposed to the price it launched at.

edit: I've never played this game, how is it? lol[/quote]

Me neither, but at 8.99, can't go wrong. Looks kind of like Lost Planet, except with co-op, which is the reason I didn't enjoy it.

I think Friend of Sonic nailed it. I got it for about this price from either KB Toys or eToys when it came out (a glitch they fixed by the time I posted the deal here). Definitely worth this price.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']This has great offline co-op right? How's the game look? It's not horribly outdated is it? Frustrating gameplay?[/quote]

The graphics are a mixed bag. It looks pretty good in general with well-done monster models and weapon effects, but it's filled with bizarre physics and mediocre to poor animation. Also, the environments are all pretty repetitive in design. The game won't win any awards for its graphics, but they get the job done.

The gameplay is old-school shooting fun. Absolutely fantastic with a second gunner. If the devs had been able to put in online play the game would've been amazing. It gets frustrating on higher difficulty levels, but that's something to be expected.

Just picked this up two days ago used from GS. It was well worth it at ~$20 so $9 is a steal. It's a flawed game but incredibly addictive and loaded with fun, just leave your brain at the door.

Thanks, TC! I get this game here, bring back the used copy I bought and I have enough store credit to fully pay off Mass Effect and mostly pay off the Wii Zapper & Crossbow Training bundle. Sweet!

[quote name='msdmoney']I've already used google checkout before, but I'm still thinking about picking this up for $18.99 plus tax.[/quote]
Just make a new gmail account? That's what I did...

I love this game. Hundreds of enemies attacking at on time..... priceless. Can be difficult at times, especially if you crank up the difficulty setting. bug splattering rocket launchers FTW!

Awesome! I've been wanting this for a long time, but it's retail price is way to high.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='dragoon99']What's Google Checkout? How does that work? Is it something you have to pay a membership to for discounts shopping?[/quote]
Wondering the same thing. I don't see any mention of a fee on the site, but I'm still not sure...

[quote name='dragoon99']What's Google Checkout? How does that work? Is it something you have to pay a membership to for discounts shopping?[/quote]Google Checkout is a new service Google provides as a checkout process for its users available at certain online retailers. There is no membership fee. All you have to do is set up your account using your GMail account and you get a $10 discount with your first purchase using their service.

How do you setup a new Google Checkout account to get the $10 bonus? I tried just signing up for it with a different e-mail address but it won't display the $10 off on the checkout screen for the game....

EDIT: Can you use the same CC # and shipping/billing address as as old account/=?

[quote name='RoboPenguin']How do you setup a new Google Checkout account to get the $10 bonus? I tried just signing up for it with a different e-mail address but it won't display the $10 off on the checkout screen for the game....

EDIT: Can you use the same CC # and shipping/billing address as as old account/=?[/quote]They've started cracking down on multiple GCO users. I suppose they're checking multiple CC or address entries.

Coogle check out is greyed out before I can even pay for the game. They state that this game is not accepted as a Google coupon.

[quote name='phenommsu']I love this game. Hundreds of enemies attacking at on time..... priceless. Can be difficult at times, especially if you crank up the difficulty setting. bug splattering rocket launchers FTW![/quote]It's so true! The last level is INSANE. Seriously I though my 360 was going to explode. There wa so much going on the frame rate could only be measured in MINUTES!! Still awesome game.

It's a fun game and the offline coop is great. Definitely a budget title but a horribly addictive one at that. I bought EDF and Halo 3 on the same day to play coop with a friend who doesn't visit often. That day we never opened the seal on Halo.

There are a ton of weapons to find (200+ I think) and 5 difficulty levels which REALLY ramp up the difficulty in the last 2. It's good cheesy fun. Like others have said the physics are weird and there are other problems like enemies sometimes shooting you through a wall but overal it is a lot of fun.

I got this in this year's first TRU B2G1 sale. Tons of fun. Great offline co-op. If it had Live co-op, I'd have recommended it at full price, but as it is, $20 is fantastic.

I picked this game up from blockbuster for like 13 bucks and they had like 3 other copies...
also saw 2 or 3 at another store. All for like 12.99

[quote name='gareman']I picked this game up from blockbuster for like 13 bucks and they had like 3 other copies...
also saw 2 or 3 at another store. All for like 12.99[/QUOTE]

New or used?

[quote name='msdmoney']New or used?[/quote]

Blockbuster sells it used for $15 got mine last week from them

if anyone misses out they should check out their gamefly account, it showed up used for 16.99 for me and if you have any coupons on your account it only gets cheaper.

bread's done
Back