Vagrant Story (PO, non-GH) - $18

You fool! Go back and get it. That is, of course, you don't like exceptional games. You do like exceptional games, right? Right?

This is a good game but by no means for everyone. It is a puzzle based dungeon crawl RPG with tons of backtracking and a steep learning curve. Hardly a RPG if you ask me, almost no story elements or anything either.

"This is a good game but by no means for everyone. It is a puzzle based dungeon crawl RPG with tons of backtracking and a steep learning curve. Hardly a RPG if you ask me, almost no story elements or anything either."

Did you even play the game? There are maybe 10 puzzles throughout the whole game. And back-tracking? There's some, but not much. And no story?!?! Did you have your eyes closed and your ears plugged throughout all the cinematics?

Sorry, you're oppinions are much more valid and "correct" than mine. It's official, this is the best game ever and you are obviously an absolute ass if you don't get it regardless of the price.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']almost no story elements or anything either.[/quote]
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Rusty on this one. Granted, there's gaps during the game with no story, at one point even for a few hours, but when there is story, it's marvelous. I wouldn't call it the best game ever, but it was still very good.

"Sorry, you're oppinions are much more valid and "correct" than mine. It's official, this is the best game ever and you are obviously an absolute ass if you don't get it regardless of the price. "

Glad we see eye to eye. :wink:

word.

this game os one of my personal best on the psx.

its map is freakin awesome! Ive never played PS2 Castlevania but this game's labyrinth-like map was hella overlooked by castlevania fans!

but yah, it does have a steep learning curve. first time thru you wont use any weapon but the sword (and Ive only played thru it once...).

still once you learn combat and learn to get around the map (teleporting your ass off everywhere) u can find one of the deepest and most engaging games psx has to offer.

This is another one of the "This game is okay, but gets a little too much credit because it was released by Square" games.

How the game is presented is brilliant, a sorta comic book-ish feel. The score was well done also.

The combat was really a mixed bag. The fighting was well done, but the modification was just really poor. It looked amazing on paper, but yeesh. No person should have to resort to a guide book to actually understand any element of a game properly. If missed one particular stone for the upcoming set of enemies, you were basically screwed.

I guess if you're a collector, its worth picking up as a non-GH. I know my non-GH copy resides next to my other non-GH Square titles. But as a game, its really one of those hard to recommend because one element was done very awkwardly and it could possibly ruin the experience.

I bought this VS about 2 years ago and I definately recommend it. I think it's a great change of pace for any RPG fan. Also, it's one of those PS1 games that takes advantage of the smoothing effect on the PS2. So by turning on the option on the PS2, the game looks a somewhat better. This thread reminds me that I should play through it again to open up the secret dugeons.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']It's official, this is the best game ever and you are obviously an absolute ass if you don't get it regardless of the price.[/quote]

LMAO!!

bread's done
Back