Metroid Prime 2 9, 9, 10
Metal Gear Solid 3 9, 9.5 10
NFSU 2 8, 9, 8
Outrun 2 6, 6.5, 8
Killzone 7, 7.5, 8
Mario Power Tennis 9, 7.5, 8
Baiten Kaitos 8 7.5 6.5
GODZILLA SAVE THE EARTH 6.0, 4.5, 5.5

Please delete if these have been posted somewhere else.

Well dammit, I was secretly hoping that Baten Kaitos and MGS3 would be bad, so I wouldn't have to buy them. Well looks like I'm spending far too much on games this month.

I have yet to play GTA:SA.. but did they fix the crap from GTA3 and GTA:VC that really made the two of them deserve nowhere near the 10s they got?

[quote name='Cornfedwb']I have yet to play GTA:SA.. but did they fix the crap from GTA3 and GTA:VC that really made the two of them deserve nowhere near the 10s they got?[/quote]
Didn't GTA3 only get one ten in EGM?

[quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='Cornfedwb']I have yet to play GTA:SA.. but did they fix the crap from GTA3 and GTA:VC that really made the two of them deserve nowhere near the 10s they got?[/quote]
Didn't GTA3 only get one ten in EGM?[/quote]

My point was no game that buggy should get a single 10. I wonder if GTA:SA is another hype 10.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']I have yet to play GTA:SA.. but did they fix the crap from GTA3 and GTA:VC that really made the two of them deserve nowhere near the 10s they got?[/quote]

Of what I've played, somewhat. There are still glitches and shoddy targeting, but the driving feels a lot more real.. and when you get to higher speeds you actually feel like your going fast. Plus on the highway, they don't mess around. If you go too slow you could end up with a pileup. Much better loading times, much more diversity in missions/minigames, much more interesting map to explore. There's also the customization of your charachter, thats a big plus. still some glitchyness with AI and targeting, but when they put together such a massive gameplay area thats so diverse without hardly any loading on the PS2.. it's forgivable. I've only played my roomate's game, but I like it a lot..

Damn I thought Metroid Prime 2/MGS 3 would definitely get all 10's, and Baten Kaitos/Mario Tennis/Killzone got mediocre scores. Can't wait to read the reviews, thanks for the infor OP.

I'm surprised that it wasn't a four-way tie. I had half-expected straight 10s for Metroid Prime 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3.

It is a hype 10. If a perfect 10 is Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid, Halo, Wind Waker, then GTA:SA is nowhere near. Maybe a 9, and that is being generous. It is a new map and like 3 new features that are mostly novel.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']Damn I thought Metroid Prime 2/MGS 3 would definitely get all 10's, and Baten Kaitos/Mario Tennis/Killzone got mediocre scores. Can't wait to read the reviews, thanks for the infor OP.[/quote]

Mediorce? 7's and 8's is a very good score based on EGM's system.

Not everything has to be a 9 or 10 in order for it to be good ya know.

[quote name='Tromack'][quote name='Cornfedwb']I have yet to play GTA:SA.. but did they fix the crap from GTA3 and GTA:VC that really made the two of them deserve nowhere near the 10s they got?[/quote]

It is a hype 10. If a perfect 10 is Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid, Halo, Wind Waker, then GTA:SA is nowhere near. Maybe a 9, and that is being generous. It is a new map and like 3 new features that are mostly novel.[/quote]

Shut the fuck up you haters. I am so sick you you people. You know shit about the game and do nothing but bad mouth it.

Seriously, why can't you not like a game and still see that it is a great game even though you don't like it? Does it offend you that GTA is so great? Does GTA being ranked so high hurt you in some way? Does it change your life?

I am so tired of the senseless, immature game bashing.

[quote name='Scahom1'][quote name='scdoanintendo']Damn I thought Metroid Prime 2/MGS 3 would definitely get all 10's, and Baten Kaitos/Mario Tennis/Killzone got mediocre scores. Can't wait to read the reviews, thanks for the infor OP.[/quote]

Mediorce? 7's and 8's is a very good score based on EGM's system.

Not everything has to be a 9 or 10 in order for it to be good ya know.[/quote]

I personally woulda expected 9's and 10's from Mario Tennis and Baten Kaitos.

well pop2 got 9.6 in oxm... looks bad ass

and also on topic of gta:Sa...i have it and i personally dont think it deserves such a high score....maybe for story and somewhat originality but the game itself "technical wise" is not a 10

Scrubking, you are the only immature one here. Does it make you mad that other people have problems with the game(GTA)? You like it (I'm guessing), that is great, other people may not like it due to its framerate problems or whatever. Get over it. Anyway, I am happy about Halo 2's scores, and after seeing GTA's scores I will definitely try it. Prime 2 should be great as well.

That's what I felt as well when playing SA. It's a good game, but a 10 ? I think not. I finished the first two, so maybe the novelty has worn off a little bit. I think the problem here is not that those games (Halo 2 and GTA) got a 10 rather that they got 3 10s, which smells of overhyping. It's the same thing with Halo, I played it (including multiplayer to death) to the end and I still think Half Life is a much better game, but again these are just personal opinions.

[quote name='divine_comedy']That's what I felt as well when playing SA. It's a good game, but a 10 ? I think not. I finished the first two, so maybe the novelty has worn off a little bit. I think the problem here is not that those games (Halo 2 and GTA) got a 10 rather that they got 3 10s, which smells of overhyping. It's the same thing with Halo, I played it (including multiplayer to death) to the end and I still think Half Life is a much better game, but again these are just personal opinions.[/quote]Did they review Half Life? If not, then what does how good that game is have to do with these EGM scores. :?

[quote name='Trustcompany1013']There comes a time in many gamers lives when they hate games for the wrong reasons...without even playing them....i was once guilty of this, and thankfully i got over it and moved on...now i am a better person because of this...im hoping that a few of you will too....good luck[/quote]

Well I think GTA 3 desirved a 10 for the novetly of the game system but while I do like GTA SA it doesn't really strike me as a 10 sorta game I mean its just GTA recanned, fun as heck but its nothing new.

lol Scrubking. You have a point but there is also a time when you stop caring at all what anyone but you thinks because in the end..its you that pays for the game and not anyone else. I could have 1,000 GTA SAs and it would do me no good if i didnt like it. Everyone has their own opinion so you cant say for sure who is right

[quote name='Weedy649']lol Scrubking. You have a point but there is also a time when you stop caring at all what anyone but you thinks because in the end..its you that pays for the game and not anyone else. I could have 1,000 GTA SAs and it would do me no good if i didnt like it. Everyone has their own opinion so you cant say for sure who is right[/quote]

All I am saying is that people can't say they don't like a game anymore without trying to discredit the game or someone else's opinion/review. It's sad really.

There are a lot of games I don't care for, but I don't go around saying how bad they are, how much they suck or how underserving they are.

Wow too games got tied for the month with 3 10s. Now I may try Halo 2 to see if they did definite improvements over the first. The first wasn't all that great as it was. I'd have given it a 7.5 or even an 8. Not 5000 10s like it recieved. I thought it was alright but still had room for improvment so hopefully this one does it. Also I thought this month would have been also a 4 way tie with MGS:SE, MP2, GTA:SA (from what I have heard), and Halo 2 (which i'm still kind of doubtful). Still I think that MP2 should have/deserved 3 straight 10s since the first one was breathetaking and totally innovative and this one souned like more of the same with some improvements, etc. This game I know should be good as the first one was near peferction IMO and one of my favorite games this generation.

[quote name='sj41']Are these the only games that they're reviewing this month and these are real for sure this time?

Some idiot posted EGM score for major games and they took awhile to figure out that they were fake. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36473

Thanks for posting the scores.[/quote]
They said at the EGM boards that there are many more reviews this month, I'll go check in a sec to see if they added more...

EGM_Shaun and another staffer confirmed these scores.

[quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='sj41']Are these the only games that they're reviewing this month and these are real for sure this time?

Some idiot posted EGM score for major games and they took awhile to figure out that they were fake. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36473

Thanks for posting the scores.[/quote]
They said at the EGM boards that there are many more reviews this month, I'll go check in a sec to see if they added more...

EGM_Shaun and another staffer confirmed these scores.[/quote]Thanks again. :) Good to know that EGM (a magazine that I greatly trust) gave Halo 2 a perfect score. I hope that they have a PoP: WW review foir this month's magazine, though, since I think that OXM is the only place to review the game so far. :(

I have not played GTA SA or Halo 2 but I find it hard to believe that they would get all 10's.. they better be much better than Halo and GTA VC.

Sequel games should be much better than the originals otherwise they should only get 8's.

Here are all of the scores from this months EGM:

MULTIPLATFORM:

NFSU 2 - 8.0, 9.0, 8.0
Alien Hominid - 8.0, 8.5, 7.0
X-Men Legends - 7.5, 7.0, 8.0
Viewtiful Joe 2 - 8.0, 8.0, 8.5
The Bard's Tale - 6.5, 6.0, 9.0
Fight Club - 2.5, 3.0, 2.0
Lord of the Rings: The third age - 7.0, 7.0, 5.0
Godzilla: Save the Earth - 6.0, 4.5, 5.5
BloodRayne 2 - 7.5, 7.5, 4.0
The URBZ: Sims in the City - 7.5, 5.0, 7.0

PS2:

Ape Escape: Pumped and Primed - 5.5, 6.5, 5.5
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War - 8.0, 8.0, 8.0
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - 9.0, 9.5, 10
Kuon - 6.5, 4.0, 5.5
Capcom Fighting Evolution - 4.0, 5.5, 5.0
Jak 3 - 8.0, 8.0, 8.5
Neo Contra - 8.0, 7.0, 7.0
Eyetoy: Antigrav - 8.5, 6.0, 7.0
GTA: San Andreas (GOTM) - 10, 10, 10
WWE Smackdown vs Raw - 7.5, 8.5, 7.0
Ratchet & Clank - Up Your Arsenal - 9.0, 9.0, 10
Killzone - 7.5, 8.0, 7.0
Growlanser: Generations - 7.0, 7.0, 8.0

XBOX:

SVC Chaos: Snk vs Capcom - 6.0, 6.0, 3.0
Halo 2 (GOTM) - 10, 10, 10
OutRun 2 - 6.5, 6.0, 8.0

GC:

Baten Kaitos - 8.0, 7.5, 6.5
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - 9.0, 9.0, 10
Mario Power Tennis - 9.0, 7.5, 8.0

GBA:

Boktai 2: Solar boy Django - 8.0, 7.0, 7.5
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls - 9.0, 8.5, 8.0

I only care about HALO 2 considering I dont have GC anymore... and have GTA already.... GC was more online oriented I would have it, but its not and the only singleplayer games I like are GTA...

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Any way we can get some recaps of what they said about Halo and Metroid Prime 2, especially?[/quote]

Yeah... Me too, I wanna know what the article said

Fight Club - 2.5, 3.0, 2.0

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i don't read reviews and i make my own opinion on games, but when any game gets a score this low, it is almost a certain that it will suck.

GTA VC was kind of a msall improvment on GTA 3. GTA sa however is a HHHUUUGGGEEE improvement over those. In my book its one of the best games i have ever owned in my whole life.

VC and 3 weren't even close.

[quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='Tromack'][quote name='Cornfedwb']I have yet to play GTA:SA.. but did they fix the crap from GTA3 and GTA:VC that really made the two of them deserve nowhere near the 10s they got?[/quote]

It is a hype 10. If a perfect 10 is Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid, Halo, Wind Waker, then GTA:SA is nowhere near. Maybe a 9, and that is being generous. It is a new map and like 3 new features that are mostly novel.[/quote]

Shut the shaq-fu up you haters. I am so sick you you people. You know shit about the game and do nothing but bad mouth it.

Seriously, why can't you not like a game and still see that it is a great game even though you don't like it? Does it offend you that GTA is so great? Does GTA being ranked so high hurt you in some way? Does it change your life?

I am so tired of the senseless, immature game bashing.[/quote]
GTA 3 and Vice City were very good games with flaws. Arguing between a 9 or a 10 is borderline nitpicking but a 10 does imply perfect, and perfect is something that GTA has never been. I can't justify Halo getting a 10 either, so I'm not sure if Halo 2 deserves one. No game probably deserves a score like that unless its one of the greatest, most perfect games ever. I dunno if such a game exists.

The Bard's Tale - 6.5, 6.0, 9.0
Odd. Was one playing the Xbox version or something?

It does seem strange that GTA and Halo get straight 10s for improving on their fantastic predecessors (even though they may not be perfect) but Metroid Prime 2 doesn't even come close to the original's score when all the hype and previews have been saying it is going to be better than the first one in almost every way... I don't care about the high scores but lets have a little consistency...

[quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='Tromack'][quote name='Cornfedwb']I have yet to play GTA:SA.. but did they fix the crap from GTA3 and GTA:VC that really made the two of them deserve nowhere near the 10s they got?[/quote]

Shut the shaq-fu up you haters. I am so sick you you people. You know shit about the game and do nothing but bad mouth it.

Um...I own the game. I have played it for about 8 hours. I know nothing about the game. You are just a fucking fanboy that can't see the obvious problems of the game. I'm sick and tired of jackass fanboys like you.

Edit- And if I feel the game is undeserving of a 10, I have my right to say so. A perfect 10 implies that everyone should get the game. I would rather state my opinion and help other people before they spend money on a game they think is must have. If they want more GTA then by all means they should pick it up, but if people are expecting something innovative and wonderful in everyway then they will be sorely disappointed. I used to give in to fanboyism (about 14 years ago when I was 8), but I feel I have moved past it. Maybe you should try Scrubking.

Disappointing score on Ape Escape: Pumped and Primed, although they didn't really review Ape Escape 2 any higher. Thanks for the heads-up.

Ratchet and Clank got a much higher score than Jak II. I'm not surprised. Of the magazines I subscribe to, EGM has always been partial to the R&C series, while Gamepro seems to favor Jak.

3 exclusive GameCube games for a holiday month? Is it just me, or is this system dead?? And the reviews for all 3 games add up to an average of an 8, whoopee!

[quote name='Tromack'][quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='Tromack'][quote name='Cornfedwb']I have yet to play GTA:SA.. but did they fix the crap from GTA3 and GTA:VC that really made the two of them deserve nowhere near the 10s they got?[/quote]

Um...I own the game. I have played it for about 8 hours. I know nothing about the game. You are just a shaq-fuing fanboy that can't see the obvious problems of the game. I'm sick and tired of jackass fanboys like you.

Edit- And if I feel the game is undeserving of a 10, I have my right to say so. A perfect 10 implies that everyone should get the game. I would rather state my opinion and help other people before they spend money on a game they think is must have. If they want more GTA then by all means they should pick it up, but if people are expecting something innovative and wonderful in everyway then they will be sorely disappointed. I used to give in to fanboyism (about 14 years ago when I was 8), but I feel I have moved past it. Maybe you should try Scrubking.[/quote]
I definitly don't think either halo or halo 2 are for everyone, thus, imho, neither one should have been given anthing close to a 10 and the GTAs, although maybe not needing a 10, should have been rated higher than the halos.
edit: this if you think a 10 means everyone should get the game. Honestly, I think the 10 for GTA SA is justified, but it's not for everyone... anyone who truly appreciated vice city's greatness, will realize that San Andreas has improved upon VC greatly. It is, once again imho, to put it in one phrase, "the ultimate single player game"

I usually don't go by what reviewers think, I just use the magazines to remind me of what's coming out.

I didn't like Halo and I have never enjoyed a GTA game other than for 30 minutes of chaos (I start the story and I get bored). Reviewers seem to be looking for something different than I these days.

EDIT: If you think GTA is a perfect game, it's time to get out there and start playing video games.

[quote name='William Smith']3 exclusive GameCube games for a holiday month? Is it just me, or is this system dead?? And the reviews for all 3 games add up to an average of an 8, whoopee![/quote]
I, as many others do, have a GCN just for the great first party titles. I'll be more than satisfied with just Paper Mario 2, Pikmin 2, Metroid Prime 2, and Mario Power Tennis for this fall/winter. As long as it's producing any first party games, it's not dead to me.

[quote name='cyberlian'][quote name='Tromack'][quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='Tromack'][quote name='Cornfedwb']I have yet to play GTA:SA.. but did they fix the crap from GTA3 and GTA:VC that really made the two of them deserve nowhere near the 10s they got?[/quote]

Um...I own the game. I have played it for about 8 hours. I know nothing about the game. You are just a shaq-fuing fanboy that can't see the obvious problems of the game. I'm sick and tired of jackass fanboys like you.

Edit- And if I feel the game is undeserving of a 10, I have my right to say so. A perfect 10 implies that everyone should get the game. I would rather state my opinion and help other people before they spend money on a game they think is must have. If they want more GTA then by all means they should pick it up, but if people are expecting something innovative and wonderful in everyway then they will be sorely disappointed. I used to give in to fanboyism (about 14 years ago when I was 8), but I feel I have moved past it. Maybe you should try Scrubking.[/quote]
I definitly don't think either halo or halo 2 are for everyone, thus, imho, neither one should have been given anthing close to a 10 and the GTAs, although maybe not needing a 10, should have been rated higher than the halos.
edit: this if you think a 10 means everyone should get the game. Honestly, I think the 10 for GTA SA is justified, but it's not for everyone... anyone who truly appreciated vice city's greatness, will realize that San Andreas has improved upon VC greatly. It is, once again imho, to put it in one phrase, "the ultimate single player game"[/quote]

This coming from someone who has "Best Game Ever - San Andreas" in their location. Getting a 10 in a magazine doesn't mean that every person who plays it will enjoy it. That's not possible. A score of a 10 merely mean that that particular reviewer thought the game was that damn good.

[quote name='cyberlian'][quote name='Tromack'][quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='Tromack'][quote name='Cornfedwb']I have yet to play GTA:SA.. but did they fix the crap from GTA3 and GTA:VC that really made the two of them deserve nowhere near the 10s they got?[/quote]

edit: this if you think a 10 means everyone should get the game. Honestly, I think the 10 for GTA SA is justified, but it's not for everyone... anyone who truly appreciated vice city's greatness, will realize that San Andreas has improved upon VC greatly. It is, once again imho, to put it in one phrase, "the ultimate single player game"[/quote]

Hey, I haven't said a thing about Halo or Halo 2. The first certainly had its flaws, and I can't judge a game I haven't played. I do not think that GTA is for everyone. And to call it the ultimate single player game is a joke. The missions in SA have a bit more variety than those found in GTA III and VC but the game is still very repetitive. I would give SA a solid 8.5-9.0, it is fun, but nowhere near perfect.

bread's done
Back