Fred Meyer 50% off clearance games Nov 17th & 18th

jlindsay26

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Just went to Fred Meyer in Bellingham WA and today and tomorrow the electronic department is having 50% off clearance items they also have Dragon Quest for the DS for 29.99 and a coupon for $10 off $50 on Electronics purchases.

Here what I got
DDR Ultra mix for the 360 for $30 no copies left
Disgaea 2 $15 one copy left
Dragon Quest DS 29.99
plus $10 coupon even though it says regular price items only
Total $70 after tax

Lakeway
Bullet Witch $10 no copies left
Rouge Galaxy $15 no copies left
Legend of Heroes 3 $10 no copies left
Total $38 after tax

Lakeway store still had several copies of Elebits $15, Marvel Trading card Game, All Pro Football 360 in the far right corner not with the rest of the game

both stores still have a bunch of 360 games Tony Hawk, 99 Nights, Just Cause, etc
only PS3 game I saw was an NBA game, Medievil for the PSP, Phantasy Star for the PS2

the burien store had a bunch of games.. i just looked at 360 titles:

bullet witch
perfect dark
samurai warriors 2
99 nights
blazing angels

all 10 bucks, multiple copies

there were some soccer and other sports games too, but meh...

FYI, there is an ongoing Fred Meyer clearance thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124842

It is a good place to keep track of the changes in the clearance discount. I stumbled on the 50% by accident as I went in to use the $10 off $50 Electronics coupon to get my son an iPod Shuffle for Christmas on Friday night and saw the 50% discount signs up. Here in OR, anyway, the 50% off was Friday-Sunday and the $10 off $50 coupon was Fri/Sat. Funny, though, jlindsay26, the $10 off clearance coupon here specifically said it DID count on clearance items. And also surprisingly, it didn't exclude iPods like all the Best Buy coupons always do.

I sure hope they do this again. It made many of those clearance games much more appealing (the 50% + the $10 off coupon in particular). Now that they are back to 20 or 30% they go back to "meh" territory.

Wow, Bomberman for PSP at less than a dollar is cool!

I think a lot of people probably miss the ongoing FM thread since its in the main deals section and not the NW section. I prefer FM deals be posted in the NW Regional Deal section - since fewer threads get posted in the NW section, it doesn't get as lost in the main deals section. Makes more sense to me. People outside of NW never ehard of FM anyways. Also, noticing that thread hasn't been updated since July...

[quote name='brianmoy']Wow, Bomberman for PSP at less than a dollar is cool!

I think a lot of people probably miss the ongoing FM thread since its in the main deals section and not the NW section. I prefer FM deals be posted in the NW Regional Deal section - since fewer threads get posted in the NW section, it doesn't get as lost in the main deals section. Makes more sense to me. People outside of NW never ehard of FM anyways. Also, noticing that thread hasn't been updated since July...[/QUOTE]

I just subscribe to threads of interest (like that one) and then look at "Subscribed Threads" from the "Menu" menu all the time. In fact, I often miss new deal threads because I'm usually so busy reading all my subbed ones ;).

I was thinking of taking that FM clearance thread over from the OP and keeping it updated but I have too many other things to deal with right now. If anyone else wants to do it let me know. It's not so much the OP as the ongoing posts that give the info, anyway. And since that thread doesn't get overwhelmed with 100 posts a day it is pretty easy to follow.

I bought Bomberman months ago from FM for $8 ($9.97 - 20%). It would be pretty rare to find a copy still around at the $1.97 price (which this one was for it to be less than $1 after the 50% discount). I did find a ChoroQ for that price the other day though - couldn't pass that up.

I hear ya, but for me I have a tought time keeping track of updated threads (main deals and trade board mostly). Esp. as CAG seems to have really exploded in popularity this past year or so... Used to be there was few enough new and updated threads, I wouldn't mind scrolling thru them all to see what was up. Now, typically more than 50 or so new threads are created or updated on the main deals section each day and 100 or so in the trading section (I have the digests emailed to me) and after the first few, I'm just... :drool: so I'm sure I miss changes all the time now.

I picked up Choro-Q a while back (elsewhere, not from FM clearance) and its really a good game. Underrated in my op. Surprisingly deep w/ RPG elements. It looks like it would be a kids game - but its actually probably too complicated for kids. The game sort of involves a lot of "fetching" and long winded quests and some (ok, most) of the dialogue is :roll: cheeseball but there is really a lot to do in the game. I mean its not a great game, but for what it is (a budget game), it has a ton of gameplay.

Heads up - there's a $10 off $50/$20 off $100/$30 off $150 coupon for Friday/Saturday that works on pretty much anything in Electronics including video game hardware and iPods and the like. Get that Zelda DS bundle for $120! (Or a PSP $30 off or whatever)

Of course you need to add in something to push you from $149.99 to $150. They just happened to have a frontlane display of $9.99 games that are on sale for $4.99. I saw Monster House and Barnyard for the GC, Flatout for the PS2, Gunpey and some Sudoku game for the DS, Oddworld Munch's Oddysee and MechAssault for the Xbox, and several GBA games including RebalStar Tactical Command. There's a few things in there I wanted anyway.

Unfortuntely the clearance is still at 20%. It was pretty nice when they combined 50% off with the $10 off $50 coupon.

I live near to a FM that has 22 copies of Final Fantasy VI GBA. I am looking for a discount/ pricedrop someday.

bread's done
Back