Capital District Upstate New York

Nick from Delmar. Hello all.

Supermonkeyballer, are you in Tampa currently, or originally from Tampa? I lived in Tampa for 5 years before moving out here to Albany land.

Hi guys the FYE in Clifton Park is closing new games are 30% off right now, and used games are buy 2 get one free i believe. No PS3 games but still have lots of games for the other systems if you want to check it out

Wii games are gone at the CP FYE when I went on Sunday. The DS and GBA pickings are getting slim. Up to 20% off all DVDs and CDs now, though. Thanks for the heads up.

just curious to see if anyone stopped by Best Buy to see if they are clearancing stuff like the one on the main video game forum has?

I ws hoping to pick up Windows Vista at 40% off and all they had left was the Upgrade. I was like fuck that. The only thin I actually bought form CompUSA was Pokemon BR Strat Guide and some batteries.

For deals I swaer the 100 pack DVD-rs were like $30 one weekend and than last week the went up to $40 with 40% off. I was like WTF kinda deal is that? I don't need anyone selling my snow in the winter thank you.

Yea, last time I went to the CompUSA in Latham it was down to 30% off still on video games, and they're basically cleared out. There's not enough left to even be worth stopping by until everything's 50% or more off...even then, still not sure.

Anyone stopped by the FYE in Clifton Park that's going out of business? I haven't in a week, wondering if their prices have dropped again.

i went there Friday Tollenz and everything was still the same crap, i just wish they had some ps3 games but those were already cleared out anyway. CompUSA is a joke i saw some laptops that were over a $1000 and had broken screens lol. No wonder they are going out of business

[quote name='junglcmndo']thanks space. Seems like these so called "deals" never happen in our area lol[/quote]
Hey in the Bioshock thread for $19.99 did you pick the last copy up at FYE in Latham? If not just to let you guys know I left one there incase any CAGS went there (bought the other 2)

Just stopped by the Latham CompUSA yesterday -- worthless. Not much left except for a spattering of computer books at 70% off.

Big Lots in Troy had Civ III and Psychonauts for the PC for $6 if people were interested. I only have a laptop with a less than stellar graphic card...but wasn't sure.

Nah, didn't hear about that. It didn't have great selection before -- but it still might be worth checking out. Anyone know what their % off is yet?

The HollywoodVideo at 1770 Central closed in December. The one up the street with the GameCrazy is not closing.

[quote name='Milabrega']Anyone go to the Gamecrazy on Central that is closing?[/QUOTE]

**Hollywood Video in Brunswick near the Wal*Mart (off Route 7) is closing. Currently 40-60% off video games and DVDs. All VHS tapes were 99 cents, tho I'm not sure who's interested.

I stopped by today and picked up a copy of Mortal Kombat Deception for the Cube for $12; it included the original instruction booklet. They've got mostly XBox, Cube, and PS2 games with a small spattering of GBA, DS, and PSP games.

[quote name='t0llenz']**Hollywood Video in Brunswick near the Wal*Mart (off Route 7) is closing. Currently 40-60% off video games and DVDs. All VHS tapes were 99 cents, tho I'm not sure who's interested.

I stopped by today and picked up a copy of Mortal Kombat Deception for the Cube for $12; it included the original instruction booklet. They've got mostly XBox, Cube, and PS2 games with a small spattering of GBA, DS, and PSP games.[/QUOTE]

Shit, I live just down the road...I'll see if I can pop in on my days off to check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

No problem -- let us know if you notice the prices go down any further. I may try to stop by again this weekend.

As one who's running around this morning before Church for Brawl, for the record the Wal*Mart in Brunswick (Troy) has no copies of Super Smash Bros Brawl until tomorrow. Purportedly the one in Latham got them in this morning. If you don't see me on here the rest of the day, assume they had them in :p

:360: FYE In Latham - There is a open (new) copy og Bioshock $20

:360: Target in East Greenbush - There are a bunch of copys of Lego Star Wars for between $9-$13

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']:360: Target in East Greenbush - There are a bunch of copys of Lego Star Wars for between $9-$13[/QUOTE]

Well that's good to know...were they in the cases, or off in a clearance section?

I hit up Hollywood Video in Brunswick today; pretty slim pickings. I grabbed a couple cheap DVDs -- overheard the clerk saying that Monday is their last day, so might want to check it out soon.

FYE in Latham has copies of Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection for the Wii for $19.99

I know that's standard FYE pricing, but it's a good game and I haven't always found it in stock.

[quote name='JohnnyA']The HollywoodVideo at 1770 Central closed in December. The one up the street with the GameCrazy is not closing.[/quote]
wtf, we have a gamecrazy in the capital region? news to me.

Gloversville, represent!

Watervliet has a new-ish used video games, DVDs, and baseball card store right over the bridge from Troy on Route 2. Has anyone checked the place out? It opened last week and I haven't had a chance to see if it's any good yet or what they actually offer for stuff.

Also, has anyone else noticed how rapidly the former Coconuts in Latham (now entirely FYE) went from being awesome to really crappy over the past year. It used to have an awesome selection of used items. Now it's gotten really poorly organized, IMO.

The walmart in Hudson has wii point cards for $20 with free wii remote glove.

There is a new mom and pop video game store opening in Hudson soon.

[quote name='Samus']Glenville here!

Are there any pawn shops/flea markets around? I can't seem to find any.[/quote]

here is a link to a bunch,
http://www.keysfleamarket.com/fleamarket/state/new_york.htm

there is this one i went to before

SCHENECTADY - - WED THROUGH SUN White House Flea Market. 952 State Street. Route 5. I-87, Exit 25. Free adm, ample parking. Indoor market with approx 35 dealers. Snack bar, restroom, h/a. c/p Rudy Fecketter, (518) 346-7851.

here is a listing of pawn shops upstate

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1#

I can't remember the name of the little store in Watervliet, but it's right across the Route 2 Bridge from Troy, (near the Dunkin Donuts). They have a goodly number of N64 games at 5 bucks a pop...including Majora's Mask. They also sell used CDs at 3 for $5. The selection is small, but what they had seemed pretty good if I were in the market for some of their stuff.

[quote name='Coyotezeye']I grabbed the last (2) Xbox 360 Halo wireless controllers for $15 each. Sorry I also grabbed one of the Xbox Live Vision Gold Packs (camera, 12 month Xbox live, headset & more) for $20. There was still one left.

They also have some of the $ 4.97/$ 5.00 games left.[/QUOTE]

You didn't happen to notice Just Cause or Bullet Witch, did you? I'm thinking about stopping by after work, just wondering what I should expect to see :)

[quote name='PRMega']You didn't happen to notice Just Cause or Bullet Witch, did you? I'm thinking about stopping by after work, just wondering what I should expect to see :)[/quote]

Dont remember seeing a Just Cause off hand. But I do remember seeing a copy or 2 of Bullet Witch. I also saw a copy of Monster Madness or w/e its called. As well as a couple of other $5 games.

I went to the Kmart in Latham today... what a waste. Either another CAG cleaned them out. Or... from the looks of it, they keep their prices on the games current. The $5 game or 2 that were left, were stickered as $5.

I havent hit up the East Greenbush store yet. So not sure what they have there.

[quote name='Coyotezeye']Dont remember seeing a Just Cause off hand. But I do remember seeing a copy or 2 of Bullet Witch. I also saw a copy of Monster Madness or w/e its called. As well as a couple of other $5 games.

I went to the Kmart in Latham today... what a waste. Either another CAG cleaned them out. Or... from the looks of it, they keep their prices on the games current. The $5 game or 2 that were left, were stickered as $5.

I havent hit up the East Greenbush store yet. So not sure what they have there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up -- stopped by the one on Central today, didn't see much. Ended up leaving with Excite Truck and Contact (one of each left). I also stopped by the one in Latham, since it was on my way to my mother's. It seems like they've taken to labeling the games correctly; the crap I did see was marked $3, and still sitting there. On the plus side, I left there with the last Nyko Perfect Shot :)

[quote name='PRMega']Thanks for the heads up -- stopped by the one on Central today, didn't see much. Ended up leaving with Excite Truck and Contact (one of each left). I also stopped by the one in Latham, since it was on my way to my mother's. It seems like they've taken to labeling the games correctly; the crap I did see was marked $3, and still sitting there. On the plus side, I left there with the last Nyko Perfect Shot :)[/quote]

Sorry about that. I was there around 2:00 on Friday and got that last XBox Live Vision Gold Pack, NBA Street Homecourt, Bullet Witch, Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007, and Battlestations Midway. They didn't have much else left after that.

[quote name='Rave Child']Sorry about that. I was there around 2:00 on Friday and got that last XBox Live Vision Gold Pack, NBA Street Homecourt, Bullet Witch, Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007, and Battlestations Midway. They didn't have much else left after that.[/QUOTE]

Bastard! You beat me by about 2 hours ;)

bread's done
Back