Resident Evil 2 (GameCube) $29.99 shipped @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 tolhurst

tolhurst

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:50 AM

didn't the N64 version have extra content the other versions didn't?

#32 gtrmp

gtrmp

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:59 AM

didn't the N64 version have extra content the other versions didn't?

Nope. It's got exactly the same content as the PS1 DualShock-enhanced version, with the same graphics as the Dreamcast and PC versions. It doesn't have the option of using the control scheme from the N64 version, and doesn't have the extra content of the N64, PC or Dreamcast versions.

#33 Joda84

Joda84

EXTERMINATE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:41 PM

Thanks for the deal posting. I have been tempted to shell out $40-50 for awhile to play it again.

#34 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:48 PM

Does anyone know if this plays where "up" is always forward?

or does left take you left and whatnot...i had RE2 for PS1 (dual shock ed.) and I can't remember.

#35 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:51 PM

You know, Capcom, I would have much preffered THIS in a box set rather then REmake/RE4/RE0.
Posted Image

where scoob

#36 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:53 PM

ah.... boxset would be nice! yeah Capcom, bring out the boxset...

#37 Ultimatallica0

Ultimatallica0

Alice in Chains. The End.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:27 PM

I managed to scoop up all the GC RE games when I had the chance, right before they became rare as hell. One of the best decisions ever, having them all on the GC is GREAT.

PS, no lie, RE2 is one of the freaking best games ever. If you haven't played it you must.
Posted Image

#38 GrilledWitOnions

GrilledWitOnions

Thrillhouse!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:02 PM

I bought RE 2 and 3 a few months back when GS had B2G1F sale. It made it a bit easier to handle the utrageous prices, and the games were practically new (I buy nothing less, especially at these prices!)
Also why is it that when i click the "Diablo" picture, i get sent to pc games without the Diablo and even when i searched for Diablo, i get no results.
Oh boy...You said there was going to be Diablo op. Where is my Diablo? I dont see Diablo. You promised me Diablo.

#39 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:35 PM

Well I could've sworn I was looking at the GameCube Resident Evils on Amazon a few weeks ago and RE2 wasn't being sold my Amazon and the prices were in the forties and fifties used. I could have mistaken RE2 with Code Veronica though...

That's what I thought too. I know for a fact I saw RE2 for $40 since I was thinking about picking it up and then backed out when I saw the price.

I'm thinking they got another reprint... eBay prices have plummeted.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#40 Krymner

Krymner

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:43 PM

Does anyone know if this plays where "up" is always forward?

or does left take you left and whatnot...i had RE2 for PS1 (dual shock ed.) and I can't remember.

Yeah, on the default control setting, "up" is always forward and pressing "left/right" only turns you in those directions. There are 3 different control settings you can choose from. I always used control setting "C" that made the R trigger "forward" and I find that it makes it much easier to get around.

I would love to see a REmake of RE 2 & 3. Since they both cover much of the same areas (streets of Racoon City and the Police Station) and take place around the same time, it would be cool if they combined the two games into one.

#41 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:54 PM

Really, though, I might have to grab this. I haven't played RE2 since I was a wee lad.
Posted Image

where scoob