Photo
- - - - -

OFFICIAL HALO 2 TOPIC

• Please log in to reply
530 replies to this topic

#451 Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:05 PM

anyone here encountered cheaters lately? i'd have to say Bungie's patch actually worked...for me atleast.

Nope. I think it's worked fairly well.

I haven't encountered any leet stand-by'arz lately, either. That was pretty popular for a few minutes there after the update.

As for modding, haven't seen that in a good two or three weeks.

#452 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:53 PM

Yeah. Have been hacked a few times since the update. Hopefully they're being caught soon after. Also been stand-byed at least 3 times.

#453 specialk

specialk

[Game Over]

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2005 - 08:52 PM

thought i'd share these. somewhat humorous halo prank phone calls. haven't seen em on here.

http://media.putfile...s-A-Tow-Truck16

http://media.putfile...-Wal-Mart-Prank

http://media.putfile...BOX-LIVE-Prank-

#454 paintballers

paintballers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:49 PM

The best way to memorize the map is to play the game by yourself and just explore the place and where all the weopans are located/sniping points.

#455 el bobo

el bobo

Neuroscience

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2005 - 02:36 AM

I haven't been on for a really long time, because my dog got a hold of the disc ;_;.
Bom chicka wow wow
Pitt '12

#456 CYRiX

CYRiX

Posted 27 August 2005 - 02:57 AM

yeah every since january 3rd (disc got scratched from playing too much???) my rank of 43 bit the dust and i figured that (after playing the new maps with friends) it was worth it. I mean I played it from launch for about 5+ hours a day, I knew everything, and eventually I got bored. And I sorta wish they never invented headsets because there was more shit about people than shit about the game being talked on them. Yeah I also was a sword type of guy )I mastered it really well and had people report me for being too good :-D) and also people thought it would be gay that i would get a killtacular and we would now have the top of ivory tower and we dominate. I use to be in a clan with friends and they wouldn't take it serious (i would have maps with strategies and send them to them and they'd be like "what the hell is this, why dont we just SHOOT THEM HAHAHA").

So in short:
Halo was so addicting that I actually got bored of it because I played too much.
I decided against buying some things I bidded on a lowball auction. Didn't know it'd be a big problem. Sue me.

#457 daedricnekomata

daedricnekomata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2005 - 05:52 AM

Personally I loved Halo 1 and 2 when it first came out, but then it started to slowly decline in the playability over time and I'm not ashamed to say it.

Originally by Kayden
This kid is going to be glad it happened. When he gets older and someone fucks with him hell be all "What bitch? I was shot in the FACE! I didn't cry, I kept playing PacMan and got a highscore on that MOFO!"

Originally by brak
I challenge Renegade_Zero to a "who can grab a woman's breast first in real-life" match.

I won.

#458 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2005 - 04:56 PM

I'm actually thinking of renting this just to give online a play again. I never really got sucked into it like most of you guys did. I got hooked on Ghost Recon 2 and traded away my Halo 2. I imagine if I walked back online i'd get freakin slaughtered though after playing nothing but GR and BF demo (as far as online shooters) for the past 9 months........ I hear there are so many idiots online you might as well mute your mic from what people have told me in other games.

#459 daedricnekomata

daedricnekomata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:28 PM

I mean it supplied short thrills for about 3 months and then things started to head downhill from there. It was worthy title online and offline, but...

Originally by Kayden
This kid is going to be glad it happened. When he gets older and someone fucks with him hell be all "What bitch? I was shot in the FACE! I didn't cry, I kept playing PacMan and got a highscore on that MOFO!"

Originally by brak
I challenge Renegade_Zero to a "who can grab a woman's breast first in real-life" match.

I won.

#460 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2005 - 07:48 PM

As long as i use matchmaking i'll play with guys around my level? I'll be a level 1 when i rent it yay!

#461 scuba

scuba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2005 - 05:42 AM

wow those halo 2 maps that are free to download now SUCK!

#462 paintballers

paintballers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:54 PM

The ranking system takes the fun out of the game. A lot of people are to obsessed with their rank to actually enjoy the game.

#463 momadaboo

momadaboo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2005 - 11:37 PM

Wow this topic has over 460 and it hasn't even been around for that long.
Want to get an Xbox 360 Premium Edition for free?

Xbox 360 Premium Edition: Click Here

Want proof these deals aren't scams? Download this CNN report on free ipods given away by the exact same company: http://info.freepay.com/PressRoom.html

My cousin got his by spending just $1 on the "Complete Home" offer

#464 sj41

sj41

That's Bitchin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2005 - 02:19 AM

Wow this topic has over 460 and it hasn't even been around for that long.

Sarcasm? It's been around since last November.

#465 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2005 - 06:06 AM

I rented the game last saturday and after playing it on and off this week i'm a level 10 on rumble pit, i suck at most every other type but i like rumble pit games!

#466 YeahRight13

YeahRight13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2005 - 06:12 AM

The ranking system takes the fun out of the game. A lot of people are to obsessed with their rank to actually enjoy the game.

yeah thats how people like the game because of the ranking

i like it..
AIM: PrO AcTiVe Xx
GT: PrO AcTiVe

Games playing: BF2: MC(For 360), GRAW (For 360), and planning on getting WoW soon.

#467 specialk

specialk

[Game Over]

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2005 - 06:18 AM

i find myself enjoying unranked games more...

when i play these games i usually play high 20's or 30's....hmm, go figure.

#468 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2005 - 01:09 PM

The only time it really bothers me is in team games where people "de-rank". I don't know who came up with that shit, but Bungie needs to automatically boot anyone once their score is -3.

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#469 CYRiX

CYRiX

Posted 10 September 2005 - 03:19 PM

Halo 2 was a small fun game that went huge and was exploited to the max.
I decided against buying some things I bidded on a lowball auction. Didn't know it'd be a big problem. Sue me.

#470 YeahRight13

YeahRight13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2005 - 02:41 PM

The only time it really bothers me is in team games where people "de-rank". I don't know who came up with that shit, but Bungie needs to automatically boot anyone once their score is -3.

yeah once this guy was being really gay and just kept on killing himself

he ended up with like 45 suicides at the end of the game, really gay
AIM: PrO AcTiVe Xx
GT: PrO AcTiVe

Games playing: BF2: MC(For 360), GRAW (For 360), and planning on getting WoW soon.

#471 momadaboo

momadaboo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2005 - 08:20 PM

why is it so bad that people kill themselves...
Want to get an Xbox 360 Premium Edition for free?

Xbox 360 Premium Edition: Click Here

Want proof these deals aren't scams? Download this CNN report on free ipods given away by the exact same company: http://info.freepay.com/PressRoom.html

My cousin got his by spending just $1 on the "Complete Home" offer

#472 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2005 - 08:22 PM

why is it so bad that people kill themselves...

It takes away from the team score. Say I had 12 kills, but my partner suicided 13 times. Our score would be -1. So you really have no chance of winning with players like that.

Halo 2 was a small fun game that went huge and was exploited to the max.

You are slightly retarded, right?

#473 specialk

specialk

[Game Over]

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2005 - 06:17 AM

to awaken this giant...

tonight i was playing some slayer and me and my guest were booted twice. both of the times neither of us were around anyone, and the screen just popped up saying we had been booted. the last time it was a ranked game and we were up by about 20 kills on the other team, and that screen pops up. this may have been an issue dealt with before, but what's with me getting randomly booted?

#474 PINKO

PINKO

Posted 29 October 2005 - 06:30 AM

i agree people think when they get to certain level,they think that bungie is going to send that super hot chick to reward them for playing halo.

#475 Ledhed

Ledhed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2005 - 06:45 AM

to awaken this giant...

tonight i was playing some slayer and me and my guest were booted twice. both of the times neither of us were around anyone, and the screen just popped up saying we had been booted. the last time it was a ranked game and we were up by about 20 kills on the other team, and that screen pops up. this may have been an issue dealt with before, but what's with me getting randomly booted?

You were probably being "bridged." It's the new stand-by (the concept of cheating having a fashion-like sense of been-there-done-that makes me want to put a gun to my head), and basically whomever is "bridging" can select who they'd like removed from the game. It has to do with tracking the IP you're associated with, and banning it from that instanced game.

Don't ask me any of the technical details, because I don't know any. It really sucks, but that's been the case with matchmaking ever since stand-by was originally exploited. You just gotta trudge through it and pray you don't catch it again (which, unfortunately, is almost impossible in level 30+ play).

#476 specialk

specialk

[Game Over]

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2005 - 03:19 AM

thanks led.

yeah cheating sucks, but i don't get it that much. however, i mainly only play training or the other 2 unranked games or customs. i only play ranked when the g/f is over (she likes ranked games).

and i trudge on. for some reason it still seems worth it 51 weeks later.

#477 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:06 AM

I just beat SP on Normal, not bad at all. Probably the best $2.63 I've ever spent :D
Steam: Rhett816

#478 specialk

specialk

[Game Over]

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:42 AM

happy birthday halo 2.

#479 Murcielago77

Murcielago77

Posted 10 November 2005 - 01:38 AM

damn, its been a whole year that this game has been out already

Posted Image

#480 Kastides

Kastides

Posted 05 December 2005 - 05:07 PM

I just started to play again ( took a 5 month break). I got all the free maps and started to rekindle my love for Halo 2. Although i am clearly not as good as i use to be, its still has my interest with new matching making game types.. Does Anyone else still play? If so, Please leave your gamertag in this thread if you want to start playing again.
Posted Image