• Super Moderators

Posted 08 November 2004 - 01:29 AM

Thanks for making this Casey.

#32 Goodtone

Goodtone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 01:34 AM

I personally love it...There are a few things that I had to get used to at first*, but overall I think it is one awesome game...*(When you have 2 weapons and you want to throw a grenade, you have to get used to your controller, but since the first game only had one weapon and a free hand to throw grenades, it just takes a little practice)... I think everyone will be happy with some aspects of the game overall. You can't please everyone, but everyone should have fun with it and feel like they got their money's worth.....I look at it this way....from pong to Halo2 in 30 years is freakin' great...the best is yet to come...This is just one game toward the future of more great games...You just can't go wrong either way.... A lot of blood, sweat, and Love went into making this game and it shows..(not to mention all the sleep they lost)
Posted Image

#33 sj41

sj41

That's Bitchin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 01:44 AM

this thread is more for general discussion and basic commentary on the game

That's what mine was for. :cry:

#34 Goodtone

Goodtone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 01:46 AM

Chant with me.....

UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..
Set them free...Unlock the chains that bind...They were wrongfully prosecuted
Posted Image

#35 sj41

sj41

That's Bitchin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 01:57 AM

Chant with me.....

UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..
Set them free...Unlock the chains that bind...They were wrongfully prosecuted

hahahahahahaha. That was so funny. :roll:

Anyways Casey, you can lock mine now. We don't need 2 "Official Halo 2 topics." :)

#36 Murcielago77

Murcielago77

Posted 08 November 2004 - 02:00 AM

im 29 hours and 59 minutes away from getting halo 2

Posted Image

#37 Goodtone

Goodtone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 02:00 AM

Ok, so I admit it was a little corny...but Hot Females love a "Corn Ball"...My humour always goes over well with the Fine young Females
Rule #1: if you can make them laugh, you can take them to bed....always remember that..seriously..
Posted Image

#38 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 08 November 2004 - 02:38 AM

http://www.gamespot....lo2/review.html
http://xbox.gamespy....2/564301p1.html
http://xbox.ign.com/...7/557509p1.html
http://www.1up.com/d...d=3136252&did=1
http://reviews.teamx.../833/Halo-2/p1/
http://www.1up.com/d...d=2005815&did=2 (egm)

If it hasn't been posted already.

#39 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 02:44 AM

Halo 2 is the most anticipated game of all-time! I don't remember any game with so much hype, ever! Not Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker or Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I'm very impressed with what Bungie has done with the Halo franchise...

I dont know, there is a lot of hype for Half Life 2.
Posted Image

#40 evilpenguin9000

evilpenguin9000

Bringer of cowbell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 03:34 AM

Halo 2 is the most anticipated game of all-time! I don't remember any game with so much hype, ever! Not Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker or Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I'm very impressed with what Bungie has done with the Halo franchise...

I dont know, there is a lot of hype for Half Life 2.

I don't think it's on the same level at all. Not that i think the Halo 2 hype is undeserving. As I've said before, you have to anticipate the sequel to the game you've continuously played for the last three years.

#41 Murcielago77

Murcielago77

Posted 08 November 2004 - 03:36 AM

28 hours and 5 minutes until i get my hands on a legal Halo 2 and what do you guys think of my new sig?

Posted Image

#42 bignick

bignick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 03:51 AM

Ok, so I admit it was a little corny...but Hot Females love a "Corn Ball"...My humour always goes over well with the Fine young Females
Rule #1: if you can make them laugh, you can take them to bed....always remember that..seriously..

eh, If you cant make them drink or smoke you cant take them to the bathroom.

#43 rg0019

rg0019

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 04:47 AM

Ok, so I thought the release was tomorrow at midnight. My local news channel(Dallas-channel 8) did a 20 second spot on the release of Halo 2. They were showing the Best Buy in Plano that will be open at midnight and it had people lined up around the building. Is there something I don't know? It could be they were using stock footage from a past event but I couldn't tell. Tuesday is the 9th so I don't think I have my dates mixed up. Just wondering...

#44 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 04:54 AM

Halo 2 4 da win!

Currently a 99% average at gamerankings.

#45 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 06:25 AM

I'm well aware this will probably jinx it, but at this writing (early morning, 11/8 ), Halo 2 is the number one game ever at gamerankings.com, pulling ahead of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. That's fine with me since I can't stand Zelda OOT.

Don't expect it to last, but even the idea it'll probably stay in the top 3 or 4 is pretty outstanding.

Guess I better start thinking about a new sig...
Posted Image

#46 evilpenguin9000

evilpenguin9000

Bringer of cowbell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:06 AM

Has anyone checked out the stat stuff over at Bungie.com? It's pretty cool and it explains how they figure out rankings...which is good to know.

#47 Fatesealer

Fatesealer

Game spoiling expert :-(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 12:35 PM

Ok, so I thought the release was tomorrow at midnight. My local news channel(Dallas-channel 8) did a 20 second spot on the release of Halo 2. They were showing the Best Buy in Plano that will be open at midnight and it had people lined up around the building. Is there something I don't know? It could be they were using stock footage from a past event but I couldn't tell. Tuesday is the 9th so I don't think I have my dates mixed up. Just wondering...

Might be stock Playstation 2 release date footage... far as I know, the midnight release of Halo 2 is this COMING midnight...
Posted Image

#48 Goodtone

Goodtone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 01:09 PM

15 hours 50 minutes and counting ..........
Posted Image

#49 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 02:07 PM

Still debating whether to go to the Midnight Halo2 event at GameRush. I want to make sure I get my copy I preordered. However, I already PAID FOR IT...so they should not sell it. I may call and make sure they are not doing a first come, first serve...even with the Pre-Orders.

#50 Wshakspear

Wshakspear

Worst. Post. Ever.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 03:18 PM

Still debating whether to go to the Midnight Halo2 event at GameRush. I want to make sure I get my copy I preordered. However, I already PAID FOR IT...so they should not sell it. I may call and make sure they are not doing a first come, first serve...even with the Pre-Orders.

Worse comes to worse (...im still not sure why people say that...) if you dont get it you can probably get some credit/freebies out of BB if you bitch long enough.

Then again, you could be like me and just take it up the tailpipe and wait a week until a new shipment arrives.....

Nah, i'll be there tonight...im just curious on what kind of activities they'll have and what the time table of stuff-to-do is.

#51 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 03:32 PM

Yeah, I WOULD go..but I have to wake up at like 6am....which kinda sucks getting about 5 hours of sleep.

#52 SEGA128DC

SEGA128DC

EA Sports suck!!!...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 03:51 PM

GamingFM.com...

Enjoy!...
:D

#53 Wshakspear

Wshakspear

Worst. Post. Ever.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:17 PM

Thanks for the link 128dc, i'll try that when i get home.

In other news, Rev Vs. Blue will be releasing 3 episodes within 48 hours...and the first one is already up!

#54 Jaxcomet

Jaxcomet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 06:01 PM

From the Dallas Morning News.........

Anticipation, 'Halo' be thy name

Video game sequel expected to run rings around entertainment sales records

07:26 AM CST on Monday, November 8, 2004

By VICTOR GODINEZ / The Dallas Morning News

Forget Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings or the latest CD by Usher.
On Tuesday, the king of one-day entertainment sales is likely to be a machine-gun-wielding space marine who earned his fame not on the silver screen or in a music studio, but inside a video game console.
Microsoft says its sci-fi video game Halo 2 for the Xbox system will have the highest first-day sales of any entertainment product in history, possibly topping $100 million.
That would be better than the one-day sales for any box office movie release, music album or video game.
Fueling the Halo 2 frenzy are gaming magazines, Web sites, trailers on movie screens, TV documentaries and commercials, a grand unveiling in Times Square this evening and scores of other marketing placements costing tens of millions of dollars.
More than 1.5 million orders have been placed for the $50 game. The original Halo, released in 2001, has sold more than 5 million copies.
Book publisher Random House is printing an initial run of 1.1 million copies of the Halo 2 strategy guide, also for release Tuesday. Only novelist John Grisham will have a larger printing this fall.
Many game retailers will start selling Halo 2 at midnight tonight.
John Garrett, 35, of Flower Mound ordered a copy of the more expensive Halo 2: Limited Collector's Edition ($55) as soon as GameStop began taking reservations a few months ago.
"I'll either be out there at midnight or I'll be taking Tuesday off," he said. His son Austin, 10, is lobbying for the day off from school.

#55 Wshakspear

Wshakspear

Worst. Post. Ever.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 06:05 PM

"I'll either be out there at midnight or I'll be taking Tuesday off," he said. His son Austin, 10, is lobbying for the day off from school.

I must be getting old considering im trying to figure out why a 10 year old is playing Halo...whipper-snappers!

#56 rajchakrabarti

rajchakrabarti

Your Soul is Mine.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 06:35 PM

Anybody catch that special on MTV on sunday ?(not sure if was shown earlier since mtv replays all thier shows) Basically showing some bands (incubus, hoobastank) making music for the game..... also some mtv icons like bam talking about it really briefly. Also had a clip of the game.
"That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten."

Posted Image

my collection : http://users.ign.com.../rajchakrabarti

#57 Wshakspear

Wshakspear

Worst. Post. Ever.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 06:59 PM

yeah, there was a topic about it too. I think the neatest part was hearing that they took the rock music and turned it into instramentals for the game. Neat idea.

#58 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 November 2004 - 07:08 PM

yeah, there was a topic about it too. I think the neatest part was hearing that they took the rock music and turned it into instramentals for the game. Neat idea.

Yeah, I thought that was cool too. I also like how the music is actually in the game you're playing, not just cut scenes.

#59 cavalier

cavalier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2004 - 07:08 PM

Debating whether I want to collector's tin or not.

I really want all the extras (especialy for $5 more) but I think the original Halo 2 in the green jewel case with Master Chief on it loks even better.

So I'm wondering, does the collector's tin come WITH the normal green case inside or not?

Would kinda suck lugging a metal tin around from home to home, so I'm hoping you get the green case inside.

Does anyone know what the deal is with this?

Plus I wonder how many of these are really being made....collector's edition could mean "1 million copies" meaning it will have no real value over the normal green case.

#60 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 November 2004 - 07:17 PM

Debating whether I want to collector's tin or not.

I really want all the extras (especialy for $5 more) but I think the original Halo 2 in the green jewel case with Master Chief on it loks even better.

So I'm wondering, does the collector's tin come WITH the normal green case inside or not?

Would kinda suck lugging a metal tin around from home to home, so I'm hoping you get the green case inside.

Does anyone know what the deal is with this?

Plus I wonder how many of these are really being made....collector's edition could mean "1 million copies" meaning it will have no real value over the normal green case.

A mod moved your thread here. No it's not a green case inside. it's the tin with a plastic spindle inside to hold both the discs. The tin case is not heavy. It's supposed to be Limited to pre-orders, but with them being shipped to stores like Wal-mart and K-mart which don't get many pre-orders, they will end up selling their LE versions.