CheapyD's Wii Fit Unboxing Video

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:49 AM

Casual games don't keep any company alive. There will be marks for a system regardless. Bless them.

Actually, there is some truth to that arguement, for sure.

We'll just have to see what happens.

#32 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:23 AM

The digg commentators? Or the YouTube ones? YouTube is like brain death. :( The comments are always one big circle jerk. I adore these vids, though, some I'm glad CheapyD keeps posting them!

The YouTube people seem to actually like me. I have about 300 fan mails in my YouTube inbox.

#33 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:35 AM

I like how you're labeling yourself as a "C-List Internet Celebrity" in your videos now. :lol:

#34 mega_n00bzer

mega_n00bzer

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:17 AM

those ''demonstrarions'' look like the guy is drunk

#35 Trenchalicious

Trenchalicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:29 PM

I like how you're labeling yourself as a "C-List Internet Celebrity" in your videos now. :lol:

I thought the deal was he was a D-list and Wombat was a F-lister. Maybe with the blog, it bumped Wombat up, but since Cheapy interviewed a high Curry, he gets bumped up to C-list. Not sure.

#36 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:10 PM

is the video gone?

Here's what I don't get: The Japanese are some of the healthiest and longest-lived human beings on earth.....why did they make this?

you're looking at it wrong.. this is WHY the japanese are some of the longest-lived peoples.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#37 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:28 PM

Psst - type on the front page ("availalbe")

And man was is creepy just seeing a head balanced on top of the box when the video started. Awesome.
Posted Image

#38 swerv

swerv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2007 - 02:09 PM

Here's what I don't get: The Japanese are some of the healthiest and longest-lived human beings on earth.....why did they make this?

you're looking at it wrong.. this is WHY the japanese are some of the longest-lived peoples.

Yeah and healthy people are more likely to enjoy exercising and therefore use the Wii Fit. You don't think fat people will actually use this do you?

Well, apart from a few 'hilarious' youtube videos anyway.

#39 WiiGame

WiiGame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:37 PM

lol CheapyD ur funny... use it as a shield to protect your Wii...lol...

...Protecting the world from overweight robbers!

#40 AlbinoNinja

AlbinoNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:40 PM

Just wear a wig for your next vid and they'll leave you alone. Or get boobs.

If you want Diggs, just mention Ron Paul and how bad tasers are in your next video

#41 dyreschlock

dyreschlock

import friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:47 PM

that was, like, half wii un-boxing video .. half CAGcast commercial.

also, no star-wipe :/
Games List (updated, use mozilla)
Support Lisp | Ban Cobol | Love Java

#42 Prowlinger

Prowlinger

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:23 PM

Hey Cheapy D ,

Great preview of the WiiFit ... Quite late to the party and just now joined CAG and enjoy your cerebral musings, entertaining nature and awesomeness in Japan living the pseudo Japanese American lifestyle bleeding edge!

Hey man.. btw - was that music at the end... "Jokers Wild" or "Tic Tac Toe" ?

L8r
"Prowlinger"

#43 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:10 PM

I thought the deal was he was a D-list and Wombat was a F-lister. Maybe with the blog, it bumped Wombat up, but since Cheapy interviewed a high Curry, he gets bumped up to C-list. Not sure.

He was a D-list celebrity, but now he has been bumped up to C-list and Wombat is still on the D.

#44 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:55 PM

The YouTube people seem to actually like me. I have about 300 fan mails in my YouTube inbox.

After joining Digg (just for you, Cheapy!), I see what you mean; they're ruthless! And just plain mean at times (not just to you but to other commentors).

#45 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:59 PM

that was, like, half wii un-boxing video .. half CAGcast commercial.

It worked, though; I'm pumped for the next CAGCast! I won't be high if I call in, though (unlike Ms. Curry); maybe a little boozed up!

Dyreschlock, that's a Snatcher icon for your avatar, right? Man, I was obsessed with that game in 6th grade. Sigh... nostalgia...

#46 buzzcola

buzzcola

Extra layer of cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:48 PM

so your staying fit and not going outside :drool:

#47 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:16 PM

so your staying fit and not going outside :drool:

Not everybody lives in Long Beach, man.

#48 Pr0JectNymPh0!

Pr0JectNymPh0!

PINOY CHEAPASS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:17 PM

if they sell that here in the US for under $70, people would go apesh1t. anyway cheapy, does now live record the show? because most people here in the west does not get home until like 6pm. thanks!
Posted Image

#49 gigan54

gigan54

camila sodi fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:35 PM

awesome shirt cheapy! where can I order one for myself?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#50 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:38 AM

Cheapy always has a recorded version of a live CAGcast, don't worry about that.

#51 Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:30 AM

When Cheapy gets to the B List, he'll be a blister . . .
Posted Image

#52 dyreschlock

dyreschlock

import friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:27 AM

Dyreschlock, that's a Snatcher icon for your avatar, right? Man, I was obsessed with that game in 6th grade. Sigh... nostalgia...

yep. i absolutely love that game.. brilliant story-telling for its time and amazing soundtrack. It was Hideo Kojima's break into immersive story-telling, and also one of Akira Yamaoka's first games too.
Games List (updated, use mozilla)
Support Lisp | Ban Cobol | Love Java

#53 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:32 AM

yep. i absolutely love that game.. brilliant story-telling for its time and amazing soundtrack. It was Hideo Kojima's break into immersive story-telling, and also one of Akira Yamaoka's first games too.

It seriously was amazing... I'm half-afraid to ever play it again because I don't want to ruin my memories of it being pretty much incredible. But I don't have a Sega CD anymore anyway, and they never released the PS version here. I was going to import it (although my Japanese is pretty infantile), but it's tough to find.

And YES, the music was awesome. It's been so long, but I can still remember some of the tunes. That game totally gripped me. I'd just never played anything like it before. I remember being up past 2am finishing it, and in 6th grade with school the next day, that was late as hell! And I cried when it was over. :) It really moved me.

#54 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:33 AM

awesome shirt cheapy! where can I order one for myself?

It really is cool!

I think he got it in Japan at the Lordly Gentleman Big and Tall Store. :) At least, it says something to that effect at the end of the video.

#55 judyjudyjudy

judyjudyjudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:47 AM

Nice unboxing vid, Cheapy.
My games, DVDs, and feedback.

#56 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:48 AM

so wheres the demo video of the WiiFit in action already?
"Men have become the tools of their tools." - Thoreau
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn
Posted ImagePosted Image DVDs My Games

#57 Sejad

Sejad

Brotherhood of Steel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:57 AM

LMAO this was quite a good video especially this part "is that enough for the Fat American Audience or are they gonna have to support this, I dont know...." lol cheapyD good video btw loved it, need to watch that CAGcast.

Yeah, great job Cheapy...you unboxed a gigantic white plastic mousepad :D

Leave it to Nintendo to come up with stuff like this. I'm anxiously awaiting Wii Jumprope.

LOL to tell you the truth he is right it looks like a giant Mouse Pad.

here's a video for you all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AylfM_S4kxU

#58 PleasantOne

PleasantOne

It's a TRAAAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:35 AM

I swear, some of you guys are just so rude and immature *rolls eyes* My hat is off to anyone who wants to try and get fit, no matter what their weight... not to mention that weight doesn't always correlate with fitness. There are a lot of out of shape thin people out there :P

I have to question whether this game would actually get someone fit, though... I can't imagine breaking a sweat from what I've seen of this thing - seems like you'd do better to stick with DDR or Wii Sports boxing. This seems like it might be a lot less about losing weight and more about posture and limbering up?
Posted Image
Currently playing: Grad school... I give it a thumbs down

#59 Inferno-X

Inferno-X

DON'T TOUCH ME!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:22 PM

Tic-Tac-Dough kicked ass. LOL :D
Posted Image

#60 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:12 PM

I swear, some of you guys are just so rude and immature *rolls eyes* My hat is off to anyone who wants to try and get fit, no matter what their weight... not to mention that weight doesn't always correlate with fitness. There are a lot of out of shape thin people out there :P

I have to question whether this game would actually get someone fit, though... I can't imagine breaking a sweat from what I've seen of this thing - seems like you'd do better to stick with DDR or Wii Sports boxing. This seems like it might be a lot less about losing weight and more about posture and limbering up?

True, true!

Yes, I do think it's more about limbering up and keeping fit. That's more the market in Japan rather than actual weight loss. But you never know.