Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:27 AM

New 2-Track Single - Out April 16, 2011

Posted Image

OUT NOW!!! :whee::whee::whee::whee::whee:

Posted Image

I haven't had a chance to grab it yet but I will when I get home from work today. There are 8 tracks and the album is very short by Radiohead's standards. Also, not all of the songs are new. Tracklisting:

01 Bloom
02 Morning Mr. Magpie
03 Little By Little
04 Feral
05 Lotus Flower
06 Codex
07 Give Up The Ghost
08 Seperator

One interesting thing to note is that people have started to speculate (already) that this may only be the first 1/2 of the record. THe last track called "Seperator" contains the line "If you think this is over, then you’re wrong."

More Radiohead would be :drool::drool::drool::drool:

I can't wait to get home and listen!!

And...they're back. Radiohead have just announced their eighth full-length record, The King of Limbs. Billed as the world's first "Newspaper Album," an extravagantly packaged version of the record will be issued on May 9; however, the music itself will effectively be issued on Saturday, February 19 when digital downloads become available to those who made pre-orders.

I cannot wait!

Edited by Javery, 09 January 2013 - 05:40 PM.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#2 VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla

Shark Barber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:53 AM

I don't "get" Radiohead.
Posted Image

#3 senorwoohoo

senorwoohoo

Posted 04 December 2007 - 04:01 AM

Just waiting for the physical copy.

But maybe I'll get it.

#4 Magehart

Magehart

It's on like Donkey Kong!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:45 AM

I don't "get" Radiohead.

You need to watch the "Scott Tenorman Must Die" episode of South Park and you'll understand.
Posted Image

Mr Simon was there, too, as well as other Germans who lived through the Berlin blockade like Gerhard Kapito.
"After the war, we looked on the Allies as occupiers," he says. "But after that we came to see them as our friends."

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

#5 Pancake Rabbit

Pancake Rabbit

Have A Cigar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:50 AM

o wats this? a 2nd disc?

Posted Image

#6 VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla

Shark Barber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:10 AM

You need to watch the "Scott Tenorman Must Die" episode of South Park and you'll understand.

I've seen it many times. I guess I'm not cool enough to understand their brand of Art Rock.
Posted Image

#7 TahoeMax

TahoeMax

Tastes good with milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:32 AM

Another great release...

But where can I get it, other than in the discbox? It's not on InRainbows.com...

#8 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:38 PM

I don't "get" Radiohead.

That's fine. I don't "get" a lot of popular bands. I've been listening to them obsessively since "The Bends" came out so they don't seem so weird to me but I've never been able to get someone into them who hasn't liked them along the way. My wife (who shares most of the same musical tastes as I do) just calls it noise. If the first CD of theirs I ever heard was "Kid A" I'm pretty sure I wouldn't give it a second listen.

#9 InuFaye

InuFaye

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:48 PM

where do I find this masterpiece?

#10 chimpian

chimpian

Now 10% more chimp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:13 PM

enjoy

ps if you enjoy (early) radio head and tool there is a cd put out by the band porcupine tree called in absentia that i think sound like the missing link between the 2.

enjoy:)

amazon linky:
http://www.amazon.co...96781224&sr=8-2
vivat grendel

Posted Image

#11 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:14 PM

in absentia is AWESOME.

#12 adamska2020

adamska2020

Posted 04 December 2007 - 04:58 PM

The first CD was absolute shit so no thanks.

#13 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:13 PM

The first CD was absolute shit so no thanks.

Thanks for sharing.

#14 argyle

argyle

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:14 PM

I don't "get" Radiohead.

They were a pretty good rock band. But they woke up one day and said, "Y'know, we put out some pretty good rock music, but what we REALLY want to do is crappy techno."

I've never seen a band do a 180 like they did.
Posted Image

#15 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:28 PM

They were a pretty good rock band. But they woke up one day and said, "Y'know, we put out some pretty good rock music, but what we REALLY want to do is crappy techno."

I've never seen a band do a 180 like they did.

The progression from The Bends to OK Computer to Kid A ... to In Rainbows is actually pretty fluid. What do you want out of a band? For them to release a great CD and remake it for the next 20 years like 95% of all bands out there?

#16 TahoeMax

TahoeMax

Tastes good with milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:47 PM

If it's a choice between a band doing that and switching from a style I like to a style I don't like, I'd take the remaking. I think Coldplay is a perfect example of a band that has a formula and sticks to it. I love all their discs, but they certainly don't have a lot of variety to their sound. Radiohead, while I still enjoy them, has produced a lot of recent music that I just can't listen to without getting a headache. The Bends was brilliant...OK Computer was damn near flawless...but from Kid A onward it's been a mixed bag and I haven't been 100% into that. Not a knock on them, because if bands never evolved The Beatles would never have been great, but it's certainly my opinion on the matter.

And again, where can I access the 2nd disc without getting the discbox or pirating it?

#17 jaso

jaso

Requiesce in pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:57 PM

Consult the chart:

Posted Image

#18 prmononoke

prmononoke

where not all racism

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:09 PM

Hm, Kid A is actually my favorite Radiohead album. Amnesiac is up there. I'm not really a fan of The Bends. Ok Computer is an excellent classic. In Rainbows is pretty great.

Oh, and I absolutely despise Coldplay.

Also, javeryh, Kid A was the first Radiohead album that I actually liked. Everything else I'd heard up to that point (which was extremely limited) sort of turned me off of them.
http://www.myspace.c...fmusicboyschoir
Check out my awesome band!

#19 argyle

argyle

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:58 PM

The progression from The Bends to OK Computer to Kid A ... to In Rainbows is actually pretty fluid. What do you want out of a band? For them to release a great CD and remake it for the next 20 years like 95% of all bands out there?

There's absolutely nothing fluid about the change between OK Computer to Kid A. They went from making actual songs to putting out techno gibberish.

If you *like* techno gibberish, that's great. But I don't call a band completely changing their style progression.
Posted Image

#20 BustaUppa

BustaUppa

what it is right now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:09 PM

You can throw me in with the confused "where do I obtain this second disc?" crowd. And I'm still a staunch "retailist" when it comes to albums, so I'm still waiting for the physical goods to surface.

#21 jollydwarf

jollydwarf

America's #1 Poster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:14 PM

Is this out on their website? Is this some black market bootlegger brouhaha?

Posted Image

"Now if I don't get answers, there's gonna be Hell ta pay for whoever's neck I can get my hands on first!"
"I like whipped cream a lot. I'll put whipped cream on anything."--Jessica Alba

Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at...

"What, you're still here? The post's over. Log off. Shoo! Shoo!"

#22 karmapolice

karmapolice

Resistance is useless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:23 PM

Where is it?... Im sick of how often these forums have lately gotten so off topic and just become arguements...

edit- either you like radiohead or dont... if you dont... dont post in a thread about their new cd. No one cares if you dont like them.
XBL: karma024

Tradelist
Collection

#23 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:49 PM

I got my copy on the DL but I'll be picking up the discbox as soon as possible.

#24 Squall835

Squall835

Gamer without fear!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:00 PM

Where is it?... Im sick of how often these forums have lately gotten so off topic and just become arguements...

edit- either you like radiohead or dont... if you dont... dont post in a thread about their new cd. No one cares if you dont like them.

You're forgetting that people don't care that you like them.

#25 ValkyrieVF-1S

ValkyrieVF-1S

Skull One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:02 PM

Thanks javeryh.
The Worst Foe Lies Within - Parasite Eve
gallery_587_6858_5265.jpg 13208119sp7.jpg

#26 Z-Saber

Z-Saber

No longer a CAG regular

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:22 PM

The only way to get it legitimately thus far is to buy the discbox set. Otherwise, it's piracy for us all.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z_saber
Origin: Z_Saber_64

#27 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:25 PM

You're forgetting that people don't care that you like them.

Of course no one really cares about anything anonymous nerds have to say on a random internet forum. However, since we obviously enjoy having these meaningless conversations, common courtesy dictates that negative opinions should kept to yourself unless asked. If people hate Radiohead then they can go start a thread about it - I'll be sure not to post in it.

#28 senorwoohoo

senorwoohoo

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:26 PM

You whores are insane.

I got the second disc and will listen later with impressions.

<3Radiohead.

#29 adamska2020

adamska2020

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:57 PM

Hey guys, I have an idea. Why don't I start a thread where I take a shitty band, call them awesome, and then bitch out and cry to anyone who disagrees with my opinion?

Oh wait nevermind it's too late.

#30 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:32 AM

Hey guys, I have an idea. Why don't I start a thread where I take a shitty band, call them awesome, and then bitch out and cry to anyone who disagrees with my opinion?

Oh wait nevermind it's too late.

LOL!!