Amazon.com X360 Deals - incl., Viva Pinata Party Animals $29.99!

jrutz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
134 (100%)
Looks like Amazon is matching CC's weekly deals:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix -$22.99
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000O5TJTE/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Dead Rising - $22.99
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000F3AADE/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

No cheap Oblivion yet...

Some other X360 Deals:

NBA 2K8 - $49.99
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000TGB4QO/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

F.E.A.R. Files - $39.99
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000V1OUV8/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Two Worlds Collector's Edition - $39.99
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000P7V34K/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Surf's Up - $19.99
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000MTF07W/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Final Fantasy XI - $14.99
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000ENW5W4/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

NHL 2K8 - $29.99
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000QD9F84/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Viva Pinata Party Animals - $29.99
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000UKZ208/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Sega Rally Revo - $34.99
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000PIRVXQ/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Looney Toons Acme Arsenal - $34.99
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000UUA2Z8/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Cars Mater-National - $29.99
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000S1MMFW/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Fable 2 Pre-Order - $49.99 (Save $10)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000FRVAD4/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Halo 3 Limited Edition - $49.99
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000K8YAKI/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Xbox 360 120GB Hard Drive - $154.99
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000OYKQBU/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Happy Shopping!

Man...and here I thought that my wallet was safe. It's been taking one hell of a beating this month and last.

[quote name='kenbo506']Thanks!

How is Party Animals? The wife likes Viva Pinata so is Party Animals a worthy follow up?[/QUOTE]

Party Animals is more like Mario Party. It is nothing like Viva Pinata.

How is Party Animals? The wife likes Viva Pinata so is Party Animals a worthy follow up?[/QUOTE]

Party Animals - I think thats a bunch of minigames. No gardens or Pinata making stuff

man, i love Amazon matching all these deals. i might sign up for Prime if this keeps up. i've ordered so much from them already but Free Super Fast Shipping works well for me right now.

Even if you like minigames, Party Animals got pretty poor reviews. You can't pick any kind of options or play the minigames outside of the main game, if I remember correctly. Still sounds like a good game for kids though.

Man, I kinda want Sega Rall Revo for that price. But read the Amazon user review... That dude sounds right. I heard it's impossibly hard elsewhere too. Damn shame Sega mucked it up like that.

[quote name='NegativeZero']Is dead rising worth it at that price?[/quote]

I sure as hell think so. I really enjoyed that game. it was just plain fun and one of the few games that i actually played all the way to the end.

[quote name='NegativeZero']Is dead rising worth it at that price?[/QUOTE]
Dead Rising is one of the top 5 best games on the Xbox 360, as far as I'm concerned. I played through it several times.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Dead Rising is one of the top 5 best games on the Xbox 360, as far as I'm concerned. I played through it several times.[/quote]

Seconded, be aware of the slightly annoying save system, but it's a great game.

EDIT - I was tempted by Sega Rally but I think it's got a lot of problems. Sounds like Dirt is far superior and I already have that.

[quote name='IzzyfoShizzy']anybody have any opinion on harry potter at that price?[/QUOTE]

I really liked that Harry Potter game, not perfect but very fun all the way though the game I though.

How is Party Animals? The wife likes Viva Pinata so is Party Animals a worthy follow up?[/quote]

My kids and I LOVED the first VIVA PINATA.

The second one is a bunch of mini games and not the premise of the original game (which my kids still LOVE to play and garden in) but my kids love the 4player competitions of the new one like the belching contests, apple eating contests, and the pinatas beating a pinata contest (too funny) featuring all the same characters and personalities from the original game.

I'm pissed I used the 15% off TRU coupon and paid $42.00 for it only week and 1/2 ago and could have got it for $29.99 from amazon !! AAARGGHH..

Here's a thought, you could always download the demo from XBOX live and try it first, eh ?

GL

Xfactor4

[quote name='Xfactor4']My kids and I LOVED the first VIVA PINATA.

The second one is a bunch of mini games and not the premise of the original game (which my kids still LOVE to play and garden in) but my kids love the 4player competitions of the new one like the belching contests, apple eating contests, and the pinatas beating a pinata contest (too funny) featuring all the same characters and personalities from the original game.

I'm pissed I used the 15% off TRU coupon and paid $42.00 for it only week and 1/2 ago and could have got it for $29.99 from amazon !! AAARGGHH..

Here's a thought, you could always download the demo from XBOX live and try it first, eh ?

GL

Xfactor4[/QUOTE]

Why not just buy the Amazon copy and return it with your TRU receipt? Perfectly legal, and I imagine TRU has an extended return window in place.

[quote name='kenbo506']How is Party Animals?[/QUOTE]
There's a demo available on XBLM, methinks.
[quote name='wampa8jedi']Why not just buy the Amazon copy and return it with your TRU receipt? Perfectly legal, and I imagine TRU has an extended return window in place.[/QUOTE]
If TRU really allows you to return open games, they would be the only ones.

Hey thanks for the post, I've been waiting for Dead Rising to go down in price and especially from Amazon.

Fingers crossed Oblivion follows :)

[quote name='PyroGamer']There's a demo available on XBLM, methinks.

If TRU really allows you to return open games, they would be the only ones.[/QUOTE]

Apparently that one just went over your head. Allow me to break it down, tiny step by tiny step.

1) Buy Viva Pinata Party whatever the hell it's called from TRU a week and a half ago. Save your receipt.

2) Open it, enjoy it, love it.

3) Order copy from Amazon at cheap discounted price.

4) When your SEALED Amazon copy arrives, return it with your TRU receipt for a refund of the TRU price.

End result: you've been playing it for several days and you still got it for the Amazon discount price.

Crap, I really want to bite on Party Animals at $29 but I gotta be froogle and finish X-Mas shopping first....Argh...I might come back and get this later.

I rather enjoyed the Viva Pinata demo. Now I have to find some friends to play it with...I'll try baiting some with free chocolate cupcakes.

Man, first Halo 3 Legendary is $60 on Amazon, now the LE is $50? They sure are giving some crazy discounts on that game so soon after its release. It's not like it needs any encouragement to sell either...

Some decent prices on those other games too. Wonder why Party Animals received such a deep discount...is it selling as badly as the original Viva Pinata did? Seems like that franchise just isn't doing very well for some reason.

[quote name='PyroGamer']There's a demo available on XBLM, methinks.

If TRU really allows you to return open games, they would be the only ones.[/QUOTE]

I think he means return to TRU the sealed copy you get from Amazon.

[quote name='Edge']Some decent prices on those other games too. Wonder why Party Animals received such a deep discount...is it selling as badly as the original Viva Pinata did? Seems like that franchise just isn't doing very well for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they dropped the prices on most of their family games - Cars, Viva, Looney Toons. Must be some family promotion or push from Microsoft.

[quote name='PyroGamer']If TRU really allows you to return open games, they would be the only ones.[/quote]

He's saying he should return the copy purchased from Amazon, which would be sealed.

In for Party Animals at that price, especially considering I have $20 in credit from the Rock Band debacle. Plus, games like Party Animals that will actually get me and the girl playing together are always worth more than the sum of their parts.

[quote name='contej85']In for Party Animals at that price, especially considering I have $20 in credit from the Rock Band debacle. Plus, games like Party Animals that will actually get me and the girl playing together are always worth more than the sum of their parts.[/QUOTE]

Rock Band Debacle?

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Why not just buy the Amazon copy and return it with your TRU receipt? Perfectly legal, and I imagine TRU has an extended return window in place.[/quote]

I think I will do just that !

Xfactor4

Party Animals is actually pretty fun. For $29.99, I think it's a good pickup.

I am still waiting for F.E.A.R. files to drop to $29.99 before I bite...

I am sure there will be some kind of deal with the original F.E.A.R. and F.E.A.R. files for $49.99 or something like that... I will wait for now...

Hmm...Beautiful Katamari and Party Animals for 29.99 each...I've tempted to get them for my gf. So are both these games fun for the gf's?? My gf loves Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon type games, so I'm guessing she's going to like Viva Pinata and Beautiful Katamari.

[quote name='NolbertoS']Hmm...Beautiful Katamari and Party Animals for 29.99 each...I've tempted to get them for my gf. So are both these games fun for the gf's?? My gf loves Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon type games, so I'm guessing she's going to like Viva Pinata and Beautiful Katamari.[/QUOTE]

And I'm guessing you have no idea what Katamari is ;). It is nothing like AC/HM type games (while the ORIGINAL Viva Pinata is, but Party Animals is not). Both Party Animals and Katamari have demos, so try 'em out.

By the way, that's an awesome price for Katamari as far as I'm concerned. I'm still not biting on Party Animals at $30, though, as I'm sure it will be considerably lower in the not too distant future. I'm hoping to get it for $20 or less at a place I already have credit (like GS or GC) and not spend any real money on it. I have 3 kids that would enjoy it and I'm still waiting...

I finally caved on Two Worlds Collector's (because it's tough to tell with these limited things if they'll just disappear or if they'll get really cheap like PDZ). Might I also note that Meet the Robinsons is marked down to $24.99 from $29.99.

LOL !

Just spend the extra $3.00 per kid and get 'em the party animals ! They will love it like my 3 boys do ! ;)

$20+(tax?)+(shipping?) vs. 29.99 free super saver shipping and no tax.

Get 'em the game dad ! I did.... There's just not enough good split screen multiplayer games for kids(and dad too) on the new systems these days.

IMHO...

Xfactor4

P.S. Good for the GF's too...:cool:

[quote name='io']And I'm guessing you have no idea what Katamari is ;). It is nothing like AC/HM type games (while the ORIGINAL Viva Pinata is, but Party Animals is not). Both Party Animals and Katamari have demos, so try 'em out.

By the way, that's an awesome price for Katamari as far as I'm concerned. I'm still not biting on Party Animals at $30, though, as I'm sure it will be considerably lower in the not too distant future. I'm hoping to get it for $20 or less at a place I already have credit (like GS or GC) and not spend any real money on it. I have 3 kids that would enjoy it and I'm still waiting...[/quote]

[quote name='Edge']Man, first Halo 3 Legendary is $60 on Amazon, now the LE is $50? They sure are giving some crazy discounts on that game so soon after its release. It's not like it needs any encouragement to sell either...
[/quote]

Maybe it does. For one thing, the Amazon comments suggest that damaged discs are a common issue due to poor packaging design.

I'm amused that the Limited is $10 less than the non-Limited. :)

I'm considering it, though, although I'm new to Xbox and still skeptical about Halo from my limited experience with it. I would want the Limited primarily because I'm interested in the documentary about the making of the game. Anybody have it that can comment if it's in-depth enough to buy this edition, vs. waiting for further drops (but possibly only on the regular edition)?

[quote name='Sgt Grumbles']Do you have to pay a separate subscription fee on top of XBL Gold to play Final Fantasy XI?[/quote] Actually, FFXI doesn't require a Gold account to play, you can play it with a free Silver account but there is still the monthly fee from SE.

I picked it up for $15 over the summer since there was nothing good to play at that time, I really like it, I had played it back when it first came out in 2002 but it was much harder back then there wasn't all the info on the net that there is now and not too many players back then either, made it very difficult to get into. But SE made a lot of imporvements to it over the years, really changed it a lot and for the better and SE got rid of about 95% of the chinese gil farmers. It's much deeper and complex than WoW. WoW seems great when you first start playing cause its very accessible with tutorials and such but you quickly find yourself bored after a while, FFXI has so much stuff for people to do it's almost overwhelming for a new player and not just stupid fetch quests for NPCs like WoW, It actually has a story, kinda like Oblivion you can do all this side stuff but there's a main storyline quest to do. Actually each expansion has its own set of Missions (story quests) that add to the storyline as a whole. What i like best is that with one character you can do all jobs so you don't have do the same quests over with a different character if you wanna play a different class.

Also you get 30 days free so you can try it if you want then just cancel if it's not for you. If any CAG picks it up and wants some help starting out hit me up, I'm Zabimaru (Windurst - Caitsith server).

[quote name='Xfactor4']LOL !

Just spend the extra $3.00 per kid and get 'em the party animals ! They will love it like my 3 boys do ! ;)

$20+(tax?)+(shipping?) vs. 29.99 free super saver shipping and no tax.

Get 'em the game dad ! I did.... There's just not enough good split screen multiplayer games for kids(and dad too) on the new systems these days.

IMHO...

Xfactor4

P.S. Good for the GF's too...:cool:[/QUOTE]

I think you misunderstood me. I can pay $30 from Amazon or wait for $20 (or less) at my local Gamecrazy where I already have boatloads of credit sitting there, thus making the game essentially half cost (the cost of my credit). So we're talking $30 vs $10 (no tax, no shipping in either case)... I hear you though... It is astounding to me that neither the local Blockbuster nor Hollywood Video has this for rent. There are a TON of families in this area and they stock 6 copies of crap like Timeshift and NO copies of Viva Pinata Party Animals, Carnival Games, etc. My Blockbuster has all of one Super Mario Galaxy to rent, yet 4 copies of Table Tennis for the Wii. They are insane (and yes I know it is not them making the choices, but still...). My point being, this sounds like a solid rental, but still not a purchase at $30 ;).

Regard Two Worlds, I am gonna wait, until $29.99 or less.

It WILL, I think, cuz this is not a Very popular game! Nobody want it!

Again, if anybody knows where to see the Photos of the contents inside I greatly appreciated.

I think the gameplay is pretty good.

And, You gotta love Kira, if nothing else about the game!

bread's done
Back