Photo
- - - - -

(UPDATE) Buy a Nintendo DS, get Super Mario 64 DS for free at all major retailers

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

#301 D. Monic

D. Monic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:36 PM

Just a quick bump. In case you hadn't heard, GameRush finally (FINALLY!) got this deal and should have it through the 4th. And just posted in the Best Buy VG Deals thread for next week, Best Buy will have it again next week, July 3rd through the 9th.

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=57419

Now, why Best Buy would run it the first week, cut it off for two weeks, and then bring it back again defies any logical explanation. But it's good news for those who haven't gotten in on this yet, and since it'll presumably appear in BB's ad, it keeps the deal open to pricematching for another week, if BB isn't your preferred store.

This has been a weird sale, with some stores having it one week, other stores the next, and Best Buy running the deal on two different occasions, weeks apart. It's really required a site like CAG to keep it all straight. It's a good deal, but the execution has been a mess.

-DM

#302 josekortez

josekortez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2005 - 12:29 AM

Just got mine at Target on Monday. Now I can play my cheapass Zoo Keeper from the K-Mart Blue Light Sale and my cheapass Ridge Racer DS from Circuit City.

I'm still returning my cheapass Ping Pals to CC, though...

#303 GETTEM

GETTEM

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:33 AM

When does this deal end??? I want to get the DS and getting Mario free would be great. Who is still got this deal and when does it end??? HELP

#304 Clearly Diluted

Clearly Diluted

Posted 29 July 2005 - 05:21 AM

Officially, according to Nintendo, ends August 31st, though many retailers have been on and off. That said, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, and Circuit City are alll still offering the deal. All of them (except target) have the deal online as well.

#305 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:53 PM

Does anyone have a link to this deal on an online site (and is there any site that has this that offers free shipping?)

Edit: Nevermind, called my local Walmart, and they had some in stock, so just got back with my brand new NDS in hand :)
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#306 FeedMeAStrayCat

FeedMeAStrayCat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2005 - 09:09 PM

Does anyone know if FYE has this deal? I have credit there, and would like to pick up a blue DS for my wife.. :)

#307 Fire

Fire

Burn! Burn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2005 - 08:10 AM

Officially, according to Nintendo, ends August 31st, though many retailers have been on and off. That said, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, and Circuit City are alll still offering the deal. All of them (except target) have the deal online as well.

Walmart has been the most consistent with this deal. Target had it for a few weeks and I don't believe I have seen it offered at CC. I picked mine up at BB with the Metroid demo the first week since my EB was out of that version.

#308 godhatesjustyou

godhatesjustyou

Crescendolls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2005 - 08:14 AM

whew, i still have the end of the month to buy a DS. guess i'll get it next paycheck.
Posted Image

#309 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2005 - 05:51 PM

Walmart has been the most consistent with this deal. Target had it for a few weeks and I don't believe I have seen it offered at CC. I picked mine up at BB with the Metroid demo the first week since my EB was out of that version.

I must agree with your observation of this deal for the most part, but I must say that I think BB has had the deal run a couple of time or maybe even three.

Las Vegas Limousine - The coolest limos in town!

Los Angeles Limousine

#310 munch

munch

la tĂȘte de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2005 - 06:18 PM

Does anyone know if FYE has this deal? I have credit there, and would like to pick up a blue DS for my wife.. :)

i want to pick one up for your wiffe too!

#311 JEKKI

JEKKI

JEKKI WOO FOO FOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2005 - 08:02 PM

I went to FYE last friday and they were negatory...

they offered me like $17 for MGS3 but it was only store credit...

my priorities were like DS w/ mario > cash > keep my stuff instead

#312 MysticMike01

MysticMike01

Who Dey?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2005 - 10:20 PM

man, that's one nice deal. jus got a bit of cash, n i've gotta decide between a PSP n a DS...

#313 Jurries21

Jurries21

Posted 07 August 2005 - 01:45 AM

Does anybody know if Gamerush is doing this deal as well? I have $75 credit there that I was thinking about putting towards a DS.

#314 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2005 - 01:54 AM

I also inquired about this deal at FYE and they said the only deal they were running was buy a DS and two $29.99 games and get a $30 mail in rebate.

#315 clockworkgreen

clockworkgreen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2005 - 03:50 AM

I managed to Ebay my SP for $56 and buy a DS+Mario DS on Ebay for $100. So I'm basically getting the DS upgrade for about ~$50 minus the cost of Mario. Not a bad deal. Ebay is flooded with DSs right now, I think people are sick of waiting for the "killer app", and will happily take $100 for the system. And I'll happily take it off their hands....

#316 Prepster

Prepster

The Bulls are Back!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2005 - 05:21 AM

I managed to Ebay my SP for $56 and buy a DS+Mario DS on Ebay for $100. So I'm basically getting the DS upgrade for about ~$50 minus the cost of Mario. Not a bad deal. Ebay is flooded with DSs right now, I think people are sick of waiting for the "killer app", and will happily take $100 for the system. And I'll happily take it off their hands....

There are 2 killer apps coming out later this month called ummm Advanced wars and that other one...forgot the name, o yea Nintendogs, I might actually purchase a DS mainly for Advanced wars, but I love my PSP too much haha, also at KB-Toys they offer you I think it was Yoshi Touch and Go instead of Mario with the system for 149.99

Chi-Town Forever baby!

Posted Image

#317 WolfPac_Ite

WolfPac_Ite

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:20 AM

I want Advance Wars DS! I really want to try out the real-time mode. Hopefully that feature can be used in campaign as well, but I doubt it since it would defy tradition of the series.