Xbox 360 Need for Speed Carbon $20 @ Walmart

Malik112099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
the last couple of times i've been in walmart i noticed that NFS: Carbon for Xbox 360 was listed at $19.xx ... haven't seen it on here anywhere so I thought I would let people interested in this game know....mods please delete if this is a repeat post

[quote name='maccabee72']I noticed Amazon has it for the same price:

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-15269-Speed-Carbon/dp/B000GPZSBK/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1197422538&sr=8-1

How is this game?...I've been thinking about picking it up at this price.[/quote]

You know what- it is really really fun. The characters are well filmed, and the story is actually interesting. In a racing game, those things are hard to come by.

Also, the soundtrack is rad.

I will buy this again at this price as I owned it on the PC.

Thanks Original Poster.

Not bad for under 20 bones. I noticed this at Wal-Mart for that price the other day. As for the storyline and characters.....pleeease! It's a cheese fest and just gets in the way of the racing. The main dude is supposed to come off like some BA, yet he instead comes off as the biggest no-threat clown on the streets.

I may pick this up - I've played some of the older nfs games but sorta got bored but then I watched my brother-in-law playing prostreet and it looked different - less arcade-y - how does this one compare to prostreet? I'm a fan of the pgr series and gran turismo series - the sorta hybrid arcade/sim racers.

Its not bad - not as arcady as Burnout, and the cars handle differently from each other (going from say, an RX7 to a muscle car...way different, as I redline before I shift, and the American ones redline at like 4500...or it feels like that). Other htan that, the games actually pretty good.

Oh yeah, and drifting sucks; its just go as fast as you can while still steering...and you can redline all day. Those are my two big downsides with this game.

[quote name='k9homan']does anyone know if the cops chase you on this one? I loved the one before this one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they do. I picked it up last year for the Wii.

bread's done
Back