Batman: The Dark Knight - Movie Thread - $158.3 Million First Weekend

eh, looks alright.

never was a fan of the batman movies [ although the latest one was alright ], but i am a fan of all the batman animated stuff [ batman animated series, batman beyond, justice league ].

I just got back from I Am Legend on IMAX. The five minute intro video was awesome, but I wish we could have seen the actual trailer as well. Hopefully a good quality one will pop up this weekend.

[quote name='ITDEFX']batman vs ironman...who will win?!?!?!?[/QUOTE]
Us.
[quote name='daphatty']Awesome. I wonder who is playing the Joker this time around?[/QUOTE]

Heath Ledger watched Jack Nicholson's spin on the Joker too much. Thought it was Jack for a few seconds there. I'm more of a Mark Hamil fan. Also, why no purple? It's his color of of choice, besides green which I also don't see. :(

[quote name='TheRock88']Is it just me or do I see a message saying I need a friend request from this person before I can see this video?[/quote]
I think it's just you. The link took me right to YouTube.

EDIT: Sorry, looks like they've locked it up since I watched it.

It is hard not to jump on the hype wagon for this movie. Part of why I liked the first one so much is that I didn't have high hopes for it.

The over-sell is the downfall of many a media...

Thanks for the working link!

Great trailer. I didn't like the first movie too much, but Heath Ledger did a fucking awesome job in the trailer. But by god Maggie Gyllenhaal needs to go. Worst casting choice ever.

thoo-whyserious.JPG

Wonderful.

[quote name='ananag112']THANK YOU

Wow...I didn't think they could top Batman Begins, but this looks even more superior. I like the more darker Joker.[/quote]

From what I've been told, Joker is going to be less of the insane crime boss with purple clothes and crazy gimmicks etc. Back to his roots as the psychotic leader of a street gang. Complete with blood for lipstick.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Great trailer. I didn't like the first movie too much, but Heath Ledger did a fucking awesome job in the trailer. But by god Maggie Gyllenhaal needs to go. Worst casting choice ever.[/quote]

Blame Tom Cruise ;)

Heath Ledger? Wow. I was wondering where he'd gone to. Now I really want to see this movie if for no other reason than to see just how good (or bad) of a job Heath does with Joker.

"his is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request." =/

seriously, the first time you see the Joker in the trailer... goosebumps. I know Batman Begins made Christian Bale one of my favorite actors, I think The Dark Knight might do the same for Ledger.

Seems they're going with the comic book version of the Joker, which is a ruthless killer.

As for the vehicles, the Batbike? I didn't even see the Batmobile in the trailer. Wonder if it's even in the movie?

But by god Maggie Gyllenhaal needs to go. Worst casting choice ever.

I'd rather have her in it than Katie Holmes. Holmes' part in Begins seemed unnecessary, not to mention her horrible acting in the movie.

Need HD version of trailer.

Saw it last night at the midnight showing of I Am Legend and was very surprised. I was expecting it to be that old trailer that showed nothing. Made the night worthwhile since I Am Legend wasn't so good.

my god all three posters are beautiful. The fourth.. not so much. But sweet mother, the Batman, Joker and "why so serious?" posters are amazing. Just.. wow.

bread's done
Back