Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater $36.99 & Killzone $34.99 @ Outpost.com

Arg no free shipping. It will be cheaper for me to get it at TRU for $40 since I have a %20 coupon off of any in store item.

[quote name='MadFlava']Arg no free shipping. It will be cheaper for me to get it at TRU for $40 since I have a %20 coupon off of any in store item.[/quote]

Where the heck do you find these 20% off coupons for TRU?

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='MadFlava']Arg no free shipping. It will be cheaper for me to get it at TRU for $40 since I have a %20 coupon off of any in store item.[/quote]

Where the heck do you find these 20% off coupons for TRU?[/quote]

Yeah, that would be nice to have

[quote name='Rodego'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='MadFlava']Arg no free shipping. It will be cheaper for me to get it at TRU for $40 since I have a %20 coupon off of any in store item.[/quote]

Where the heck do you find these 20% off coupons for TRU?[/quote]

Yeah, that would be nice to have[/quote]

I got it in the mail last week, the mailing was about "The Big Toy Book", it was a preview of their big sale. The card is called a Holiday Joy Card. Even though you can use it on any one item it does exclude "video game hardware" and some baby supplies. It also came with a coupon for a free $10 gift card if I spent more than $75 last week on one receipt. For some reason I'm on the TRU mailing lists. Last month I got a coupon for $10 off any purchase over $50 which I used on TRU BOGO. I think TRU is sending these out to get people to shop at their stores early this holiday season. I can't wait to see what they send me in December (I'll use that on GT4).

If you want to start getting the coupons in the mail try calling their guest services at.
1-800-Toys R Us
or visit:
http://www4.toysrus.com/guest/

Maybe you can get on the mailing for the December coupon.

Thats a pretty good price on Kill Zone, but Ill wait for it to drop to around $20. As for MGS: SE, I really disliked SoL, so Ill pass on this one.

Anyone know if Outpost ships their stuff out on time? I'm looking into picking up MGS:3 with overnight shipping.... Think I'll get it sometime this week if I order now?

[quote name='yanksdude15']Anyone know if Outpost ships their stuff out on time? I'm looking into picking up MGS:3 with overnight shipping.... Think I'll get it sometime this week if I order now?[/quote]

Don't bother. I called Sunday afternoon, and after waiting 15 minutes on hold, I was disconnected after one ring. A second call back, another 20 minutes, resulted in

1. the fact that they had FOUR PEOPLE handling all phone inquiries
and
2. It's on "backorder', which is typical for Outpost as i've been reading- only it gets worse- its not due in for around 2 WEEKS.:evil:

Go somewhere else if you can't stand to wait, like me.

I foolishly went ahead withthis deal. I've never ordered from Outpost.com

You're right, I checked and it's backordered.

What is stupid is they don't even mention that it's backordered on the website. You have to track your order.

This is a terrible thing to do and it's definitely the last time I do business with them, no matter how cheap their prices are.

I'm actually going to try to cancel it. Two weeks is an insult, especially for us who paid for overnight shipping.

I believe their system handles pre-orders in this fashion.

Hence, since the item is not in, because it is a pre-order, it is classified as a backorder.

Once the item is okay to ship, tomorrow, the product will ship.

Fry's receives tons of product, but usually ships one day later than EB/Gamestop.

[quote name='Oxybeles']I believe their system handles pre-orders in this fashion.

Hence, since the item is not in, because it is a pre-order, it is classified as a backorder.

Fry's receives tons of product, but usually ships one day later than EB/Gamestop.[/quote]

I concur on that assesment on Outpost/Fry's. Their system is real brain dead and treats any not-in-stock order, such as a pre-order, as backordered. nd if it's lengthy enough, like it was for DOA:U and KUF, they might cancel it out from under you, if you don't respond to their email in a timely manner.

I didn't mean to knock the original poster for bringing this deal up by the way, I just felt it was better to cancel my order.

I called them and asked if its true about the two week delay, and he said could be possible, but he was unsure.

Rather than staying in uncertainty, I decided to cancel and I'll pick it up at EB or something.

[quote name='"Ivanhoe"']thanks for the deal !

ordered mine :)[/quote]

Heh! :lol: Enjoy the lonnnnng wait. I'll be playing it tomorrow, regardless of what I could have "saved". If the game's not a big deal to you, then you win on the price. If you have to play the game, then I win.
Me, it's been too long since I stalked a patrolling guard. I need CQC! (Close Quarters Combat) :twisted:

[quote name='Oxybeles']I believe their system handles pre-orders in this fashion.

Fry's receives tons of product, but usually ships one day later than EB/Gamestop.[/quote]

Ahhh, that made be breathe a sigh of relief. Hopefully this means that my game wiil ship tomorrow.

Boy, I tell you, MGS 3 is a handful to play! Well, that is to say if you got it as opposed to "waiting' for that deal... because... wow... and when .... oh wait, I can't talk about it yet. You don't have it! \:D/

bread's done
Back