Photo
- - - - -

PS3 FAQ's: PSN, Gaming, Hardware, Accessories, Gen. Discussions...etc.

• Please log in to reply
2766 replies to this topic

#2341 Gourd

Gourd

Tofu Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:21 AM

I have the same question as well. I read you have to deactivate your user name...do i have to do this? Also do I have to deactivate all of the software I downloaded so it does not count towards the 5 downloads and how would I go about doing this? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

This Youtube video walks you through the process for deactivating your account.

After you do this, I'd reformat the system AFTER you get everything you'd like to keep off of it and onto your new system. That way it should be clean.
SUPER EXPLOSIVE POWER SUIT Bangai-O!!!

#2342 Guest_eastshore4_*

Guest_eastshore4_*

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:33 AM

Hey, so I'm looking to sell my 60GB and buy a slim model. I'm trying to use the backup utility, but it gives me an error before any progress can be made. I figured it was a space issue at first, but I now have a 6GB flash drive hooked up and it still gives me the problem, all that's on there are game saves so I doubt space is the issue.

Anyways, my second idea was to manually copy over each and every game save on there (at least those that can be copied) since that doesn't seem to cause any problems... is this basically the same thing the backup utility will do? When I sign in on my new PS3 will I just be able to copy these over? Is there anything else I need to copy over?

#2343 dbmottle

dbmottle

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:32 PM

Does anyone know why the audio for Uncharted shows up as PCM on my receiver and not Dolby Digital? The back of the box shows Dolby Digital and most games show up as such. I have my PS3 set to bitstream, and it does so for all DVDs and Blurays.

#2344 J7.

J7.

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:30 AM

ahh so i cant do that from within the browser, thanks!

Sorry, it's actually named Delete Searches or something like that, not history or cache. If you look at one of the expandable choices on the menu when in the browser it will show it.

#2345 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:18 PM

So over the past 8-12 months my 60GB launch model has been progressively louder and heats up my room like no other. Should I be worried?

I don't want to trade it into GS for that trade in deal because it has backwards compatibility and the memory card reader.
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#2346 yohsh

yohsh

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:32 AM

I just got a YLOD and im thinking about sending it back to Sony to get it fixed. What I'm wondering is if Sony will send be back the same ps3. I had a 500 gb hard drive in it with a lot of stuff on it and would like to recover some of the stuff. I know the hard drive is tied to the system so I wouldn't just be able to put it into a new ps3 so I would need the same ps3 to get access to the hard drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

uc.png

#2347 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:35 PM

Guys I just got a new PS3 and my trophies won't sync. I keep getting an error (80022D05) after 10%

Edited by finsfan0210, 15 July 2010 - 07:16 PM.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#2348 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:36 PM

I just noticed there's white flickering when I have my PS3 on with HDMI. I had left it on in my basement, got distracted and did something. When I came back, it was really bad. Took out the the HDMI and put it back in, it was a little better but still noticeable. Restarted now and it's still noticeable.

Any suggestions on what to do? I tried both my HDMI cables and it's the same.

#2349 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:55 AM

Does it do it on component? Do you have an Xbox to try on HDMI, or a different TV to try it on?
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#2350 iwarboY

iwarboY

Awesomesauce.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:52 AM

^ ^

Edited by iwarboY, 20 July 2010 - 11:14 AM.

iwarboy.png549785.png
"Seek ye the Lord while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near: let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our God for He will abundantly pardon" (Isa. 55:6-7). - Only one life, ’twill soon be past, Only what’s done for Christ will last. - C.T. Studd

#2351 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

Does it do it on component? Do you have an Xbox to try on HDMI, or a different TV to try it on?

It's fine on component. My 360 doesn't have HDMI. I have another TV I could try.

UPDATE: Double checked component and it's still fine.

I changed my output settings to only 420p and 720p and there was no flickering. I added 1080i and there was no flickering. Then added 1080p and the flickering was back.

I played around with the other options (except Deep Color Output) and it went away. I walked away for a bit (since it happened when I left the console alone) and it was flickering bad again. I changed the options again but noting happened. I switched the Deep Color Output to off and it went away. I'm going to leave it alone for awhile and see if it comes back. If not, I think turning Deep Color Output off will fix it.

Edited by icedrake523, 20 July 2010 - 04:29 PM.

#2352 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:48 PM

Does it flicker on a different TV? Does the cable support...uh...I think it's 1.3a?
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
[LIST]

Posted Image

#2353 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:59 PM

Trying a different TV now (32" Sony Bravia. The other was 47" Bravia). I'm going to leave it for awhile and see if the flickering shows up. If not, then the outputs aren't clean on the TV.

The cable says 1.3 on it. I got it off Meritline when they had one of their 3 cable deals.

UPDATE 1: 7 minutes later, no white flickering has shown up on the screen. So it's something with my 47" when I have Deep Color Output on Autmoatic.

UPDATE 2
: So, here's what I did today from the beginning (I let the PS3 on for 7-10 minutes since the white flickering started when I left it on for awhile).

On 47" Sony Bravia TV
PS3 displaying in 1080p, HDMI 2 port, Deep Color Output (DCO) on automatic, cheap HDMI cable=white flickering
PS3 displaying in 1080p, Component 2 port, DCO ??? (forget if this was on or off since I think it only applies to HDMI), 3-in-1 component cable=no flickering
PS3 displaying in 720p, HDMI 2 port, DCO Automatic, cheap HDMI=no flickering
PS3 displaying in 1080i, HDMI 2 port, DCO Automatic, cheap HDMI=no flickering
PS3 displaying in 1080p, HDMI 2 port, DCO off, cheap HDMI=no flickering

On 32" Sony Bravia TV
PS3 displaying in 1080p, HDMI 2 port, (DCO) Automatic, cheap HDMI cable=no flickering
PS3 displaying in 720p, HDMI 2 port, DCO Automatic, cheap HDMI=no flickering
PS3 displaying in 1080i, HDMI 2 port, DCO Automatic, cheap HDMI=no flickering

On 47" TV (same one)
PS3 displaying in 1080p, HDMI 1 port, (DCO) on automatic, IXOS HDMI cable =no flickering (This cable connects my sound system to TV. The DVR and DVD player connect into my sound system)
PS3 displaying in 1080p, HDMI 3 port, (DCO) on automatic, cheap HDMI cable=no flickering

And finally, I tried the combination that was giving me a problem before:
PS3 displaying in 1080p, HDMI 2 port, Deep Color Output (DCO) on automatic, cheap HDMI cable

and there was NO white flickering.

So it seems that there was a problem with the 47 incher's HDMI 2 output. And whatever was wrong with it, turning the DCO off fixed it. But for now, there's no more white flickering.

UPDATE 3
: I turned my PS3 on with the problem settings (PS3 displaying in 1080p, HDMI 2 port, Deep Color Output (DCO) on automatic, cheap HDMI cable) looking at my trophy list and the white flickering came back. I put it in HDMI 3 and there was none. Put it back in HDMI 2 and it showed up. I sprayed some canned air into the HDMI 2 port. It was flickering but then went away. Though it's since come back.

Whatever the problem, it's something with the HDMI 2 port on my TV. We've had it awhile so I don't know if it's under warranty anymore.

Edited by icedrake523, 21 July 2010 - 02:39 AM.

#2354 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

Does anyone know if the PS3 Data Transfer Utility transfers every little thing (saves, PSN accounts, user profiles, game data, etc.)?

First I couldn't get the ethernet cable to work and then there seems to be corrupted data somewhere on my old PS3 that I can't clear even with the safe mode option.

Edited by Hostile, 22 July 2010 - 11:49 PM.

#2355 Diebythesword

Diebythesword

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:07 AM

Does anyone know if the PS3 Data Transfer Utility transfers every little thing (saves, PSN accounts, user profiles, game data, etc.)?

Full system backup will be like how you always see it turning it on, everything will be there how it was

So I just got the YLOD, right after buying PS+ heh, same thing happened to my 360 (RROD) after I bought Live, conspiracies. My Modern Warfare 2 is inside it too, was thinking about sending it to Sony but going to do a 3rd party instead since my saves are not backed up :drool:

#2356 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:53 PM

Quick question. If I get a new ps3 (we'll say a 60GB) and I want to keep my 250GB, is there any way to put the 250G in the fat, and the 60G in the slim, without too much hassle? So let's say I just take the hard drives out and switch them, will everything be fine? Is it possible? What exactly do I have to do to make everything work out?

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#2357 Diebythesword

Diebythesword

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:09 PM

Just back them up to an external harddrive. I think when you swap drives it will automatically tell you to format the drive,so everything will be gone.

#2358 JGON85

JGON85

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:42 AM

It's late and I can't search on an iPhone 1, it's too painful.

I traded in my 60gb fat for a 120gb slim, and nothing transferred. I formatted my 60gb HDD when trading in and deactivated my system.

But with the new PS3, I am unable to re-download Flow (from the valentines day free sale), when I go to the PSN store it asks for $7.99 to purchase. But I've already bought it when it was free.

Any suggestions?

#2359 lukewin

lukewin

UNC Class of '03

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:25 PM

I traded in my 60gb fat for a 120gb slim, and nothing transferred. I formatted my 60gb HDD when trading in and deactivated my system.

But with the new PS3, I am unable to re-download Flow (from the valentines day free sale), when I go to the PSN store it asks for $7.99 to purchase. But I've already bought it when it was free.

Any suggestions?

I got flow from the same promotion I think. It's not in my download queue, so I can't redownload it, or share it with other people on my account.

#2360 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:28 PM

Has anyone heard about any differences between the current slim PS3 models of CECH-21xxA / CECH-21xxB and the "new" PS3 slim models of CECH-25xxA / CECH-25xxB, besides hard drive sizes?

From everything I've seen, it appears to be the same internals between the two model lines save drive sizes.

Does anyone else have any insights into the two model lines?

#2361 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:38 PM

And where's the white one so I can buy a new one already :-D
[LIST]

Posted Image

#2362 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:33 PM

Any suggestions?

It was a special free version that was probably removed completely from the store once the promotion was over, like the free version of Rag Doll Kung Fu.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#2363 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:39 PM

It was a special free version that was probably removed completely from the store once the promotion was over, like the free version of Rag Doll Kung Fu.

rag doll kungfu is still dlable though i had to redl everything yesterday and was able to get it frommy dl section.

#2364 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:48 PM

rag doll kungfu is still dlable though i had to redl everything yesterday and was able to get it frommy dl section.

He's talking about just redownloading it directly from the store by going to its page, which won't show the red bag that says that you own it.

The download list is the only place it could still be, though I already had flow before that, so I can't check if it's still there.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#2365 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:33 PM

He's talking about just redownloading it directly from the store by going to its page, which won't show the red bag that says that you own it.

The download list is the only place it could still be, though I already had flow before that, so I can't check if it's still there.

oh ok. sony ought to make it so you can delete those things from yor dl spot that way you can clear out the demos and keep the dlc and games in there.

#2366 J7.

J7.

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:53 AM

Has anyone heard about any differences between the current slim PS3 models of CECH-21xxA / CECH-21xxB and the "new" PS3 slim models of CECH-25xxA / CECH-25xxB, besides hard drive sizes?

From everything I've seen, it appears to be the same internals between the two model lines save drive sizes.

Does anyone else have any insights into the two model lines?

All I've read is extremely small amount of less energy used during various functions.

#2367 Doc Bacca

Doc Bacca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:32 AM

I just got the flashing red light yesterday. It's a 60gb so I don't want to give it up but $150 is steep (or is it $180 now?). I've already gotten it repaired once. I know that if I open it up they won't touch it.
Any suggestions on a decent fix that won't destroy my wallet?

#2368 fatboy1111

fatboy1111

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:05 AM

play and trade will fix it

#2369 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:47 PM

I'm having a problem with my PS3 and Assassin's Creed 2. I'm in Venice (just finished Sequence 9). I go to a fast travel place to go to the Villa. I go to the white room between traveling and after a few seconds, the saving icon goes away and I'm just running around the room. When I hold down the Home button, the screen goes black and nothing else comes up, so I can't quit the game, I have to turn the PS3 off then on.

#2370 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:16 PM

I'm thinking the first thing someone would suggest is to delete the game data (if AC2 even installs... if it doesn't, you might try it anyways, since I'm sure it's been patched and those install on the hard drive) the try again. Also, check the disc to make sure there's no dirt/dust/fingerprints/etc.
If it does install and you try that and it still messes up, I would suggest re-deleting the game data, then try downloading some demos then try again. The purpose of that is it'll probably offset the physical spot on the hard drive where AC2 installs itself, in case there's some issue with your hard drive.