All Transworld stores - Bonus 45% trade in credit is back! ENDS 7/19

• Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

#331 billg

billg

Never loses battles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:03 AM

The Guitar Hero III bundle for 360 with Xplorer guitar trades in for a whopping $7 now. Does anyone have any games with good trade-in value?

#332 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:18 AM

Not a video game, but Best Buy has Seasons 1-6 of 24 for $27 total. I haven't calculated everything, but you should be able to get at least $60 after 45% bonus.

538822.png

#333 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:49 AM

Not a video game, but Best Buy has Seasons 1-6 of 24 for $27 total. I haven't calculated everything, but you should be able to get at least $60 after 45% bonus.

ye but good luck getting the employees at bb to honor it now..unfortunately :(

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#334 buyout

buyout

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:54 AM

Looks like 24 Season 6 is $16.99 I don't see anything about $27 for all the seasons

#335 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:34 AM

I got $12.00 for 24 season Special Edition at fye. Wherehouse.com said it was $15, I didn't like it much so I just took the few dollar loss.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#336 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:34 AM

most of the stores now have a paper up on the doors saying it wont be honored and it explains why they have removed the stickers with the coupon from the Season 1 Special Editions.

Side note, I traded in 96 dvd's and 1 360 game (Army of Two) and got $523 and some change. Got a PS3 and 4 used games for only 48.52 out of pocket.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#337 ShaJay

ShaJay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:11 PM

most of the stores now have a paper up on the doors saying it wont be honored and it explains why they have removed the stickers with the coupon from the Season 1 Special Editions.

Side note, I traded in 96 dvd's and 1 360 game (Army of Two) and got $523 and some change. Got a PS3 and 4 used games for only 48.52 out of pocket.

Just asking what dvd's were they , thats a crap load of credit if you ask me
Trying to pay the less to get the most..

#338 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:24 PM

I honestly, don't remember them. I threw away my credit slips after I used all of the credit left on the cards (had to make 2 trips and they said they couldn't put it on the same card). I was looking through my 360 collection and apparently got rid of Jericho too. Don't remember it but I do remember Army of Two getting me $36 in trade with this deal. I also remember they were surprised that a good portion of mine were hitting the 3 dollar mark without the bonuses. Granted, I was a little irritated after I was told about the backstage pass would have given an extra 10% on top of that. I don't have one, but I could have purchased one for 25 and made and extra 50 on the credit.

When I read that I would get an extra 25% over the cash price if I got store credit and then with the bag get another 20%, I assumed that it would stack like the edge card and coupons for GameStop. So when I was doing my math, it was way lower than what I got because I didn't realize they did the 25% and then 20% of that new number. It was really odd, but I'm not complaining. I've never taken part in this deal before so I wasn't sure what to expect. The local Coconuts does take older games, so I'm going to go through and see which ones are worth much.

all-banner.jpg

#339 swetooth9

swetooth9

Go Tar Heels!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:31 PM

I honestly, don't remember them. I threw away my credit slips after I used all of the credit left on the cards (had to make 2 trips and they said they couldn't put it on the same card). I was looking through my 360 collection and apparently got rid of Jericho too. Don't remember it but I do remember Army of Two getting me $36 in trade with this deal. I also remember they were surprised that a good portion of mine were hitting the 3 dollar mark without the bonuses. Granted, I was a little irritated after I was told about the backstage pass would have given an extra 10% on top of that. I don't have one, but I could have purchased one for 25 and made and extra 50 on the credit.

When I read that I would get an extra 25% over the cash price if I got store credit and then with the bag get another 20%, I assumed that it would stack like the edge card and coupons for GameStop. So when I was doing my math, it was way lower than what I got because I didn't realize they did the 25% and then 20% of that new number. It was really odd, but I'm not complaining. I've never taken part in this deal before so I wasn't sure what to expect. The local Coconuts does take older games, so I'm going to go through and see which ones are worth much.

oh wait...so it's not 45% bonus credit? it's 25% bonus credit, then 20% bonus credit on new number?

wait...wouldn't that mean you get MORE credit?

26.50 game * 1.25 = 33.13

33.13 * 1.20 = 39.75
~~~

26.50 game * 1.45 = 38.43

NICE...might have to trade some ish in then!

#340 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

They're only paying $26.50 (before the bonuses) for MGS4? That's kind of weak.

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#341 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:39 PM

Yeah, I assumed it was 45% total, but when I was doing the math for Army of Two (360), their base was $24. If it was just a straight 45%, that new total would be $34.80. My trade-in credit was $36, and the only way to get to that number would be to do the 25% on the base, and then the 20% on the new number. I could be wrong, but that's the ONLY way I could get to that number.

Same went with the Jurassic Park Adventure Pack. I thought I would only get $8.70, but I ended up getting a straight $9. Granted that isn't a huge difference, but over the course of 100 items or so, it adds up.

all-banner.jpg

#342 swetooth9

swetooth9

Go Tar Heels!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:42 PM

cool thanks

anyone know of any older games that trade in for a surprisingly decent amount?

i'm not trying to flip (too much work for me)...just gonna see if i happen to have some of the games

#343 lvgamer1

lvgamer1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:31 PM

I still have Persona 3 (sealed with artbook. etc.)

I never got the chance to play it, and then I bought FES.

Secondspin is showing persona 3 at $9.00

Is it worth it just to unseal it, keep the extras and trade the disc and box?
Will they take it without the artbook?

#344 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:42 PM

My trade-in credit was $36, and the only way to get to that number would be to do the 25% on the base, and then the 20% on the new number. I could be wrong, but that's the ONLY way I could get to that number.

That's exactly how it works. The base number is the cash trade in price. You get another 25% if you take credit, then the promo adds another 20% on top of the credit trade in value. So if you really do the math, you get an additional 50% of the cash trade in value if you take credit and apply the 20% promo.

#345 swetooth9

swetooth9

Go Tar Heels!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:15 PM

kinda off topic, but I dont wanna make a thread just for this question:

but i bought Unreal tournament III (360) today and there was a mail in rebate attached to my receipt. I can get $10 back. On the receipt it says to mail the original UPC in order to get money back (no photocopies etc.). The price sticker that FYE puts on it games has a UPC (matches the one on the game box) as well. Can i just mail that in instead? Or do i HAVE to cut out the one from the box art?

thanks

#346 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:33 PM

kinda off topic, but I dont wanna make a thread just for this question:

but i bought Unreal tournament III (360) today and there was a mail in rebate attached to my receipt. I can get $10 back. On the receipt it says to mail the original UPC in order to get money back (no photocopies etc.). The price sticker that FYE puts on it games has a UPC (matches the one on the game box) as well. Can i just mail that in instead? Or do i HAVE to cut out the one from the box art?

thanks

I haven't done an FYE rebate in a looong time so YMMV. In the past, I was able to just pull that sticker off and send it in with the form and receipt and they'd honor it. I'm pretty sure others have done it recently but you may want to check other forums (inside and outside of CAG) to get some sort of consensus on what's ok now.

#347 swetooth9

swetooth9

Go Tar Heels!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:17 PM

I haven't done an FYE rebate in a looong time so YMMV. In the past, I was able to just pull that sticker off and send it in with the form and receipt and they'd honor it. I'm pretty sure others have done it recently but you may want to check other forums (inside and outside of CAG) to get some sort of consensus on what's ok now.

i guess i'll just make another thread in the deal discussion forum titled "FYE transworld store rebates" or something

thanks though

#348 mikeyhegs

mikeyhegs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:41 AM

Has anyone seen this in the new york/queens/long island area? so far im outta luck with this one

http://forced.bandcamp.com - blackend hardcore... free downloads!

#349 ghozt

ghozt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:48 AM

i guess i'll just make another thread in the deal discussion forum titled "FYE transworld store rebates" or something

thanks though

theres a fye thread under dvd bargains over at dvdtalk. the first post has a tutorial on how to properly send in a rebate.