*DEAD* $299 ps3 40gb version @ BEST BUY IN STERLING, VA

raginasian85

CAGiversary!
SALE ENDED AT 1/3/2008 6PM EST

taken from slickdeals, credit goes to jackhomer:

Best Buy in Sterling, VA is having a Manager's Special and the 40gb PS3 is on sale for $299.99!!

from what i hear, Manager's Specials are very store specific, so don't go crazy looking for another best buy with this deal or trying to price match.

i was worried that it would be sold out by the time i get out of work so i set it up for instore pickup. the low price guarantee states that the total will be adjusted if the store is selling the item at a lower price at the time of pick up.

here's a link to the slickdeal post (includes a scanned receipt):
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=13636&t=706385

I'm about 25 minutes from that store. That's a pretty good deal. If the PS3 had a game that I really, really wanted (and it wasn't on the 360), I would have picked it up.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I'm about 25 minutes from that store. That's a pretty good deal. If the PS3 had a game that I really, really wanted (and it wasn't on the 360), I would have picked it up.[/quote]

good thing you didn't, turns out they pulled the sale price at 6pm. i missed out and am uberly pissed.

[quote name='raginasian85']good thing you didn't, turns out they pulled the sale price at 6pm. i missed out and am uberly pissed.[/QUOTE]

But why would they pull a manager special like that before the store closed? Where they thinking "hey we need to increase our PS3 sales in the next few hours so lets pull this deal out for a few hours?" either that or all the people viewing this thread (and the SD one) try to PM that deal all over the place and eventually he had to pull the plug on it.

bread's done
Back