Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland

rmcguin316

CAG Veteran
Dose anyone out there know how or where I can import the UK version of this game to the US?
Thanks for the help.

There was talk of this coming stateside (possibly in an online only Electroplankton type of deal). Have they officially canned it?

[quote name='Josef']There was talk of this coming stateside (possibly in an online only Electroplankton type of deal). Have they officially canned it?[/QUOTE]

There was never any talk of this being released in the US. Therefore, they can't can something that was never planned in the first place.

[quote name='Josef']There was talk of this coming stateside (possibly in an online only Electroplankton type of deal). Have they officially canned it?[/QUOTE]

There were rumors, but considering it came out back in 2006, I don't think we'll ever see it over here. Luckily, I have a friend studying abroad in London right now...
So I'd also take this opportunity to ask if there are any other released-in-the-UK-but-not-in-the-US DS games I should keep in mind?

[quote name='SDC']So I'd also take this opportunity to ask if there are any other released-in-the-UK-but-not-in-the-US DS games I should keep in mind?[/QUOTE]

I think there's a game called Anno 1701 AD that only came out in the UK. I want to say it got good scores, and is a simulation game along the lines of Civilization.

I believe that a version of Myst was also released, but I heard it was a terrible port.

For the record, Tingle had next to no chance of coming to America. Americans showed a rather large dislike for the character and his ...um.... colorful overtones.

Which is really, really stupid. I have the game but haven't tried it out just yet - there's a lot I'm working through at the moment.

[quote name='dhelor']There was never any talk of this being released in the US. Therefore, they can't can something that was never planned in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I took a survey on nintendo.com after reading a preview about it in NP asking if people would be interested in it. But that was a long time ago so I highly doubt it will be released here. It's on the trade site Goozex too btw.

I've played it, it's very creative, but it seems to be love it or hate it from te impressions I've seen online. Keep your eyes on ebay, occasionally its sold from someone in the uk, and its cheaper than an online retailer.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Actually, I took a survey on nintendo.com after reading a preview about it in NP asking if people would be interested in it. But that was a long time ago so I highly doubt it will be released here. It's on the trade site Goozex too btw.[/QUOTE]

I took the survey as well. I guess not enough people showed interest in it for them to bring it over. A pity...

So does the UK version work in a US-region DS?
In other words, is the game region locked; will it play on any DS?

Just beware that versions from other European countries (e.g., Germany) have an English option in the game, but the intstruction booklet is not in English.

bread's done
Back