Photo
- - - - -

Best Wavebird Replacement? (need 3rd party recommendation)

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 LordFungus

LordFungus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:43 PM

Also, I had one of the hip gear wireless controlers for the orginal xbox and it was crap......

#32 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:08 PM

Is it compatible with the Gamecube, or is it "compatible with Gamecube games when used on the Wii"? That is where it's unclear. I had read someone say that they tried it on their Cube and it didn't work, but then we have folks saying it does work. Does it work on an actual Gamecube?

#33 anderspn77

anderspn77

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:58 PM

Is it compatible with the Gamecube, or is it "compatible with Gamecube games when used on the Wii"? That is where it's unclear. I had read someone say that they tried it on their Cube and it didn't work, but then we have folks saying it does work. Does it work on an actual Gamecube?

Well the thrustmaster never came out until the Wii came out. I believe its "compatible with Gamecube games when used on the Wii" because its a Wii accessory not a gamecube accessory.

#34 LordFungus

LordFungus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:46 PM

I don't see why it wouldn't work on a cube(the thrustmaster that is)......controler port is a controler port....but I have only used it with the wii. I will try it on my 'cube tonight and post the results tomorrow.....

#35 LordFungus

LordFungus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:15 PM

Ok,

Tried the thrustmaster on the 'cube last night and.......

It works..........played some animal crossing....and almost lost track of time...man I hate that game, but the wife loves it....but it is such a time eater

And at the dell store it is about 22.50 shipped with tax...best deal IMO

#36 rothgar24

rothgar24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:32 AM

Ok,

Tried the thrustmaster on the 'cube last night and.......

It works..........played some animal crossing....and almost lost track of time...man I hate that game, but the wife loves it....but it is such a time eater

And at the dell store it is about 22.50 shipped with tax...best deal IMO

Thanks. I think I'll check it out. I might buy the amazon one at 19.99 next time I need to buy something else to get to free shipping at $25.

#37 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:38 PM

Thanks for a definitive answer on this question LordFungus -- the truely cheapass around here, not planing on getting a Wii anytime soon, appreciate your mind share on this.

I myself scored another used Wavebird for $17.99 at Gamestop a week back -- it must have belonged to an adult who never played, because it was just like new.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#38 Karyyk

Karyyk

Brooding Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:57 PM

t is available in the dell store for about 22.50 shipped with tax

link:

http://accessories.u...04&sku=A1302857

I'd be wary of ordering anything like this from Dell. I tried ordering a couple of these a while back, and although the status never changed on the site from "In Stock," my order was delayed and eventually canceled.

Of course, that pales in comparison to what happened to a friend of mine when he ordered his Zune from them. Dell canceled that order because they "went out of stock." He calls to complain and they tell him that they will see what they can do. He ended up getting two Zunes, and yes, they charged him for each, over-drafting his account). I'm not a fan of Dell's customer support.

#39 Peanut932

Peanut932

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 05:54 AM

Another possibility, if you don't mind a non-Gamecube button layout, is to get a "Cube Joybox Pro" PS2-to-Gamecube adapter and then use a Logitech Action Cordless PS2 controller with it. I have (not extensively yet, admittedly) tried it with that controller and it works well, including rumble.

Have you tried it out extensively since then? I'm thinking of getting this to use with the PS2 Logitech cordless controller. One of the reviews on Play Asia said that only official Sony controllers could be used. I hope it isn't true though.