Photo
- - - - -

Contest (CAG Foreplay #28): Win World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Collector's Ed.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#31 pablo_vllj

pablo_vllj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:43 PM

First time listener here. regarding WoW, I have seen some of my friends play it and it looks ok, but unfortunately I haven't played it, I'm affraid I might get addicted to the game (like my friends), and I just don't know if the monthly subscription is worthy, but I might give it a try

#32 ma

ma

Rattled By The Rush

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:07 PM

I've never played WoW for fear of my life going down the toilet of video game addiction. But my brothers play now, so I guess I could rationalize it to keep in touch with them.

As for your couch? Maybe you could pile up xbox 360 shipping cartons to fill the hole.

BTW, the xbox live situation is infuriating. I don't have a 360, just the big old black and green POS, and haven't been able to play halo 2 in weeks. The DLC stuff would make it even worse.

#33 Zoox

Zoox

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:33 PM

I have been playing World of Warcraft for almost 2 years now. The reason for starting up is because several friends of mine kept urging me to try the game. Even before I ever started, I thought I would hate this type of game. I was into FPS games before (ex. Counterstrike ) and never would have picked this up if it wasn't for my friends.

WoW has it's ups and downs, but the only real reasons for me to keep playing is the invention of the Arena system and widespread popularity of the game. If you have never played WoW, the Arena system is basically the Player vs. Player aspect of the game, which has me attached to it because of the new competition that it has brought up. PvE content only goes so far for me as I've seen almost all the game has to offer in that aspect, but PvP is what has kept me playing.

The other reason that attracts me to the game is the popularity of the game. At my High School, there is a large group of people that actually play WoW, some you would suspect that they would never be caught playing a video game. This is great because I've made great friends with people that I probably would have never met otherwise.

#34 Xrazor

Xrazor

AmericanPie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:10 PM

World or warcraft was a great game when I first layed my eyes on it. I would go to my friends house and be there 24/7 sleep overs and everything. I even ended up buying a crap computer and used it to play in his basement with him. We played for HOURS we did quests and leveled. The addiction level was through the roof! Then I asked myself If I was really going to pay monthly for this game. After about 4 days of thought I decided it was not worth paying MONTHLY for. So I went out and bought a game at BestBuy. Before I mention the next part you should know that I really only play online games to play ONLINE. Anyways, I went to best buy and saw Counter Strike 1.6 on sale, thinking that it would be an OK game I bought 2 of them gave one to my friend and we still play to this day (Source though). The point of this is that I did not buy/play WoW because although it was extremeley addicting it the monthly price was too much for a MMORPG. Seeyeah Later!
Posted Image
www.twitter.com/BeastFX - My Opinions:bomb:

#35 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:22 PM

I've never played WOW before because we had dialup that would only connect at 24.6 on a good day, usually got 21.6. Cable or DSL is not available and we found out we are in the Spring EVDO network and now have had wireless broadband for a few weeks now. Now that we have a great connection I'd be willing to try out WOW and see what its all about. (not to mention it opened up the Xbox Live and Wii Shop Channel floodgates.)

Why are Mr. T and William Shatner are on tv commercials for this game?
If its free, its for me!!

#36 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:34 PM

How about a hammock between the couches?

I installed WoW once from a free trial disc but never played much. I think it took longer for me to install, download the patches and update than the time I actually played. I liked Warcraft III though so I could see myself playing more if I put some time into it.

Let's go Pens!

#37 CAGpwns

CAGpwns

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:17 AM

I have played WoW on trial with my family actually, my uncle and cousins kinda got me sucked into it so... yeah. and about the couch thing, you should totally get a gaming chair with speakers and put it up on a platform to be even with the couches and yeah use it when you game.

#38 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:44 AM

I've never played the WOW games. Everyone says the suck the importance out of all other aspects of life, leaving WOW to be the only thing left. Terrifying.

Posted Image

#39 SteveDaWonder

SteveDaWonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:23 AM

I play it. I think you ought to find a giant peice of styrofoam.

#40 LaMeRz55

LaMeRz55

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:26 AM

I have always wanted to play WoW because i had an addicted roommate who got kicked out of college playing it. The gf is against it but I say it is my life and I am gonna take a stand.

For the couch situation...put one couch behind the other and raise the back one...instant leveled seating.
www.videogameninja.com

Wakka Wakka

Posted Image

#41 auralia

auralia

yawn.....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:16 AM

I played EQII all the time, then i had a baby.... I'd love to get back into an mmo again and why not give warcrafta whirl right?

ducktape ftw
currently playing fallout 3, everquest II (permafrost, Brin, Acashay, ), ACCF, Crono Trigger. Xbox live tag: Aurelia

#42 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:12 PM

i never played WoW cuz i'm not into MMOs, but i want to win so i can give it as a gift. POW!
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#43 heatdolphins45

heatdolphins45

Wade County CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:47 AM

I've never played WoW but I've heard nothing but good things about it. I don't want to it take over my life like I have seen happen to other people...but hey it's 2008. getting this would be a nice change to the year.
Posted Image"Limits, like fear, is just an illusion," Michael Jordan.
Posted Image
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Black Ops
:psp: Burnout Legends

#44 MrGone

MrGone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:30 AM

I had to ditch WoW for college as well, so this would be the perfect opportunity to get old characters back into fighting shape and try out the BC content

Also: Couch-minifridge-couch -> bliss

#45 TripMasterMunky

TripMasterMunky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:09 AM

Yes, I have played World of Warcraft. I actually have a subscription right now. I like it, not as hardcore as some people though. My highest is a lvl31. I play on and off.

And double sided tape.
[URL="http://www.BuckSharlow.com"][/URL]

#46 coolpapa

coolpapa

The Humanoid Typhoon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:29 AM

I've played World of Warcraft and recently (December) activated my account from the trial again. I only have a 47 mage at the moment and would love to win the expansion.

#47 Splatoon

Splatoon

CAGiversaurus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:10 AM

I've never actually played the game even though I'm a huge Blizzard fan. Something about paying for a game more than once always rankled me. However, if I snag this swank copy for free, I'm gonna bite the bullet, pick up the original and sign up.

Comics of all shapes and sizes! Mainly rectangles. Max and Ronnie Do Comics.

#48 cdietschrun

cdietschrun

Over the Hills, Far Away

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:04 PM

I used to play all the time. I used to raid and I loved it. I was in a guild that was the first on my server to kill C'Thun, the legendarily ridiculous boss of AQ40. I like the raid aspect of the game the most.

#49 StinkyCheese

StinkyCheese

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:36 PM

never tried world of warcraft, but if I win, I'll buy the first wow, and give both of them to my brother. Why? because he is the biggest runescape player ever. If I pay for the first month or so, I'm sure he'll pay the rest, and I can say goodbye to the monstrosite that is runescape

#50 rhewes

rhewes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:59 PM

I haven't played WoW because I've always been afraid of it taking over my life...but, for free, perhaps that's the price the pay for giving up my life. I'd give it a shot.

#51 nadroj1485

nadroj1485

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:06 AM

I use to play wow hardcore until it took over my life. Then I quit for about 8 months but recently started playing again casually. Not having to buy the expansion would rock!
Get free stuff from amazon without even entering credit card information! On points2shop its possible!

http://www.points2sh...?ref=nadroj1485.

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236982

http://ipods.free4me.net/?r=34197 1/2 help me out!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 Sokkratez

Sokkratez

Downloadable Suicide

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:31 AM

I played WoW for over a year and a half with a large group of friends that I have known for 8 years now. We met in EQ1 back in 2000 and were in one of the top guilds on our server there for years. When WoW rolled around we were ready for something new.

We spent some time on one server for quite a while but eventually people either stopped playing or went to other servers to play with real life friends. In the end there were about 6 of us left and we started on a new PVP server as Horde. We met some new people and spent 3 months building the top guild on the server. Three of us were officers and things were going swimmingly, but toward the end of those 3 months, a few of the officers and the acting leader (the "leader" was more or less a figurehead) usurped the rest of us, disbanded and formed a new guild and stole all of our members out from under us. They implemented ludicrous loot rules that benefited themselves, and a few weeks later the new guild was dissolved. That killed the joy that we found in WoW. That's why I don't play it right now.

That was two years ago this month. We all play EQ2 now but have been considering going back to WoW, so I figured that I'd go in on this contest.

Also, you should bridge the gap between your couches with beanbag chairs and then cover everything with a slipcover. It'll be a riot whenever some unsuspecting person goes to sit in the middle.

#53 letsgetacid

letsgetacid

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:45 AM

I sampled WoW on my friend's account. I played Asheron's Call for 3 years (I was young and stupid!), but the pacing is just so slow. I also can't take the fact that the people with the smallest social life have the baddest-ass gear. This is why I play Guild Wars.

Also, you could always use your plethora of bad Xbox games as a couch section filler.

6pnk7d.jpg

#54 WildWorld

WildWorld

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:39 PM

I've never played WoW, but I would definitely pick it up if I got the Expansion Pack.

Also, you could use the Rock Band box in between your two couch pieces, although it may be a bit too big :P

Posted Image

#55 robf1029

robf1029

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:10 AM

I play of WoW for a couple of different reasons. My first reason is because that my friend Nate got me hooked after the playing the trial last month and most of my other friends play it. I used to make fun of those who played it but now I see the error in my ways and all the fun I missed. Another reason is because I use WoW to relax and get away from some of the stressful moment in my life. It also allows me to meet others and go have fun with them and forge new friendships. If I win that whould be awsome!

#56 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:33 AM

We'll be recording this week's show tonight, so this is the last day to get your entry in.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image