Project Gotham Racing 4 (PGR4) -- $39.99 Shipped @ Amazon (Universal Drop?)

I have a question. It isn't about the deal, but this page should get some views. How is the restart system in this game compared to PGR4? I loved PGR2 but ended up hating PGR4 b/c it took entirely too long to restart a race. Anyone know? Thanks.

[quote name='jughead']I have a question. It isn't about the deal, but this page should get some views. How is the restart system in this game compared to PGR4? I loved PGR2 but ended up hating PGR4 b/c it took entirely too long to restart a race. Anyone know? Thanks.[/quote]You mean PGR3, right?

PGR4 has load time at restart, but in my very limited expierence it's only been like 2-3 second, not the 15+ seconds that made PGR3 unplayable in my estimation.

Still not cheap enough for me. Just too many good games out to pay $40 for a 'okay' racer. $29 and I might bite, but glad to see the move downwards. Give it time. Be patient my brothers.

This imo was the best racing game in 07. Such a complete game that you can play a a very long time. Great single player, multi, liscensed car selection and motorcycles are a fun addition. This title gets too much flak!! Great game!

I just got the game in yesterday through the Expertzone. It's insanely fun and I absolutely love it so far. I agree when some sites say this was the best game no one played, and it's a shame!

PGR4, in my opinion, is the most under-appreciated and overlooked game of 2007.

It's fantastic from start to finish and it'll take quite some time to get to the #1 ranking. After that, you can still continue to play to earn Kudos, defend your rank and buy more stuff, oh and there's online. It's every bit as fun as PGR2 and the weather is a great addition.

If you own a 360 and you're into racing games, I see no reason why you shouldn't own this game.

[quote name='daroga']You mean PGR3, right?

PGR4 has load time at restart, but in my very limited expierence it's only been like 2-3 second, not the 15+ seconds that made PGR3 unplayable in my estimation.[/QUOTE]
thanks!

based on Amazon's page, it looks like this might be an MSRP drop. There's no longer a $20 discount listed for it, just straight up $39.99.

Awesome game and $40 is a great price for it. I agree with others above that this is the best racing game of 07, although now I would personally wait for Burnout: Paradise (comes out on 1/22) instead.

If you like racing, then you need to get this game. It certainly isn't as technical as Forza 2, but the Kudos, drifting, car selection, motorcycles...all make it a worthy title.

And when you think you're good, start racing in-cockpit. You'll think again.

Several posters here seem to really like this game. Do you play it with a wheel or with the regular controller? What is the best 360 wheel?

How does this compare to Forza 2, I have never played either. Only serious racing game I enjoyed was GT3 for ps2 and that was forever and a half ago.

[quote name='gantt']Several posters here seem to really like this game. Do you play it with a wheel or with the regular controller? What is the best 360 wheel?[/quote]
I had the wheel for awhile but sold it... I found I had better control in both Forza and PGR4 with the gamepad than the official MS wheel (much better lap times with the gamepad). So while the wheel was fun for a few days, in the end it was just frustrating because it made both games more difficult.

bread's done
Back